Paul Richardson

scutterhawk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":nx17uq5d said:
What stings even more is that a handful of other rookie Wrs have been doing much better.

Would love to have Kelvin Benjamin or Martavious Bryant. even Allen Robinson, Jordan Matthews, Devonte Adams.
Wow!, they all play for "Run First " teams?

AgentDib

Reaction score
Some of you may be confusing our two rookies with each other, and you can't just lump all the other rookie WRs together as if they have the same skill sets. Norwood is the guy who was the savvy route runner that we thought may be able to contribute sooner.

When we drafted Richardson we knew he was a skinny fast guy with a good vertical and potential for explosiveness. We also knew he needed to bulk up a bit, develop stronger hands, learn how to beat press coverage, and refine his route running. That's why most sources had a mid-round grade on him but we didn't care because we weren't drafting him to produce right away. He's our swing for the fences guy who could be a terrific vertical threat down the road or could be a complete bust.

Bryant, Benjamin and Robinson are huge targets and you can't teach size or wingspan. You would expect them to play a role sooner, and yes it can provoke envy seeing them playing well when we are lacking a big target. Consider that BMW wasn't ever a polished route runner for us but he was productive from day 1 because he had size, strong hands and could catch contested passes. None of this is applicable to Richardson, however, and judging him based on those guys is a mistake.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
There was a pass perfectly thrown by Wilson right to where only Richardson could get it and it went incomplete. You know why? Because Richardson was already past that spot when Wilson threw the ball. He's too fast and Wilson didn't lead the throw into the open area. That's not on Richardson, that's on Wilson. By this point, they should have their timing down, but they don't because Carroll stuck it out with Harvin instead of Richardson, hoping to get a trade. That's not on Richardson, that's on Carroll.

Once Wilson gets his timing down with Richardson, IF Wilson gets his timing down with Richardson, then look out. kid is going to rock.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Am I the only one that thought he could have caught the 4th and 19 pass yesterday that ended the game? Ball hits him right in the hands at the sticks.

Chukarhawk

Reaction score
P rich is fine. Expecting him to be a factor his first year is unrealistic. I like what I see. next year he will show us what he has. Get rid of Bevell and our passing game will improve.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
Richardson is at the bottom of our receiving corps in target percentage. Despite running 153 pass routes, he has been targeted only 19 times. Is that on Richardson for not creating separation or on Wilson for not trusting him?

PFF gives Richardson the worst WR rating on the team.

Richardson has run just 8.5% of his routes out of the slot, which is also dead last in our receiving corps.

In my opinion, he has not been well utilized and Bevell hasn't adjusted either.

Treghc

Reaction score
hawknation2014":2zorf7tb said:
Richardson is at the bottom of our receiving corps in target percentage. Despite running 153 pass routes, he has been targeted only 19 times. Is that on Richardson for not creating separation or on Wilson for not trusting him?

PFF gives Richardson the worst WR rating on the team.

Richardson has run just 8.5% of his routes out of the slot, which is also dead last in our receiving corps.

In my opinion, he has not been well utilized and Bevell hasn't adjusted either.

I think part of it seems to be the routes he's given. He either is running a fade route or a curl route every single time. I never see him invovled in any double moves, corner routes, slans, or anything else. In fact, it seems that every single one of his catches or even attempts were made during a curl route. I blame the INT against the Giants on just that; they were expecting yet another curl route.

Granted, I'm not watching him every single down, but that's what I feel like I'm seeing. I'd like to see him involved in more complex route patterns.

brimsalabim

Reaction score
He can't "take the top off" the defense by running curls and fades.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
DavidSeven":2yqns4sy said:
I think he might still be a very fine player and could very well be thriving in a place like GB, Philly, or even in NY with Eli. Just not the exact piece we need for this year. Receivers with his skills set will take a lot longer to find a groove within this offense and with this QB.
Give 'this QB' adequate protection to take the longer drops necessary for that.

sc85sis

Reaction score
You can't really compare what Baldwin did as the only real "go to" receiver for T-Jack in 2012 to what Richardson is doing as the third or fourth WR now.

OP
OP
seabowl

seabowl

Reaction score
It's official, P Rich has been redshirted. Did he even make it in on O today?