Patrick Willis and Anthony Davis UNretiring?

ringless

Reaction score
To be fair there are other sources.

However, Patrick Willis certainly didn't or wont be better after a year off. He will be another year older at a position that isn't. At the linebacker position a steep decline begins after the age of 29-30, and by the age of 32 they are typically just an average player. Patrick Willis would be 31 when he returned.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
ringless":3g79mtry said:
To be fair there are other sources.

However, Patrick Willis certainly didn't or wont be better after a year off. He will be another year older at a position that isn't. At the linebacker position a steep decline begins after the age of 29-30, and by the age of 32 they are typically just an average player. Patrick Willis would be 31 when he returned.

Maybe, maybe not. Really depends on the health of his foot. He retired because of a toe issue he'd been struggling with for a few years. If the toe is markedly improved (big if), he could be better than he was in his last few years in SF. The injury robbed him of his speed.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
AD ‏@BamDavis_ · 2m2 minutes ago
If Pat comes back too that would be sickk.

Jeff Deeney ‏@PFF_Jeff · 4m4 minutes ago
In his last two full seasons, Patrick Willis was our No. 1 ILB in 2012 and our No. 2 ILB (behind Bowman) in 2013. #49ers

On the topic of Ray Lewis...Ray Ray was in his late 30's. Pat is MUCH younger.

drdiags

Reaction score
Did Jason Cole just make up the story on Willis or what? I guess when you state you are reporting rumors there is no need to be held accountable. Who knows what Jason was basing his report on? Friend of a Friend who knows a guy that went to school with a guy that dated his cousin?

ringless

Reaction score
Marvin49":djbzaq42 said:

In his last two full seasons, Patrick Willis was our No. 1 ILB in 2012 and our No. 2 ILB (behind Bowman) in 2013. #49ers

Yes but that was 2012-2013. 2016 Would have been 3 and 4 years removed from that respectively. That's all

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Marvin49":1fow1cpj said:

LOL

12258-over-powered-classic-this_thread_was_just_a_dream.jpg

bigtrain21

Reaction score
ringless":di6i2f8q said:
Marvin49":di6i2f8q said:

Yes but that was 2012-2013. 2016 Would have been 3 and 4 years removed from that respectively. That's all

49ers fans are used to going back well over 20 years so 3 and 4 years seems like yesterday to them.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Be happy Willis isn't coming back. Unless Cowboy comes back a few years younger he would not look speacial. Much like Aldon without him and Bowman now. If they don't have the studs up front keeping them clean and allowing them to reak havoc they will just look average.

Amazing to me how 9er fans don't understand what Cowboy and RayMac did for that defense.

OP
OP
M

Marvin49

Reaction score
RichNhansom":17ufhcp1 said:
Be happy Willis isn't coming back. Unless Cowboy comes back a few years younger he would not look speacial. Much like Aldon without him and Bowman now. If they don't have the studs up front keeping them clean and allowing them to reak havoc they will just look average.

Amazing to me how 9er fans don't understand what Cowboy and RayMac did for that defense.

I'm not one of them.

The Niners could really use Aldon right now tho so teams would stop double teaming Lynch.

I have to admit, I'd mostly want Willis back just because he's one of my favorite Niners ever. ILB isn't one of the positions where they are having trouble this year.

Anthony Davis returning would be a much bigger deal because its a position of HUGE need.

chris98251

Reaction score

rideaducati

Reaction score
chris98251":1sbwtj4d said:
Laloosh":1sbwtj4d said:
Marvin49":1sbwtj4d said:
Laloosh":1sbwtj4d said:
Is Davis in his rookie contract?

No. Signed an extension a few years ago and was under contract for 4 or 5 more years.

EDIT:

http://www.sbnation.com/nfl/2013/4/5/41 ... isco-49ers
Given their need, is it possible they pay him more to come back?

You toooooo funny the 49ers paying more for anything right now is like asking Ebenezer Scrooge to buy a round of drinks.

They are overpaying for their GM, head coach and QB... Ebenezer is definitely in a giving mood these days.

nanomoz

Reaction score
drdiags":soobkatj said:
Did Jason Cole just make up the story on Willis or what? I guess when you state you are reporting rumors there is no need to be held accountable. Who knows what Jason was basing his report on? Friend of a Friend who knows a guy that went to school with a guy that dated his cousin?

Ferris totally passed out at 31 Flavors last night.

Latest posts