Patrick Peterson takes aim at Sherm

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
That fan poll is useless. A lot of people outside of Seattle do not like Sherman and their vote is totally based on that vs. an objective view on his play.
Not only did Sherman play shut down corner but he still managed to grab interceptions. Some detractors say that he doesn't follow the #1 receiver around. Well why should he be punished for scheme and other talented guys around him. Oh and wasn't it week 2 that with Browner out and Niner receivers hurt that Sherman did follow Boldin around. Didn't Boldin get held to 1 catch that game.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1i616hx3 said:
That fan poll is useless. A lot of people outside of Seattle do not like Sherman and their vote is totally based on that vs. an objective view on his play.
Not only did Sherman play shut down corner but he still managed to grab interceptions. Some detractors say that he doesn't follow the #1 receiver around. Well why should he be punished for scheme and other talented guys around him. Oh and wasn't it week 2 that with Browner out and Niner receivers hurt that Sherman did follow Boldin around. Didn't Boldin get held to 1 catch that game.

Yep. That Week 2 performance versus Boldin sort of kills Peterson's whole argument lol. Sherm has shown he can do it if he had to. Of course, Peterson might want to say Boldin isn't a true #1. I guess getting lit up by Golden Tate and Michael Crabtree is somehow more impressive.

Laloosh

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":3l94iccy said:

I'd be curious to know how well boldin did vs pp.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
KiwiHawk":3d4aklom said:
Aros":3d4aklom said:
253hawk":3d4aklom said:
Kiss the ring, bitch.

That quote is just beautiful. Need anything else be said? That should be the mantra for all the coming troll nonsense this next season. Hell, that should be a t-shirt.
And then we can be like all those 49ers fans who rely on past glory because they are incapable of making reasoned arguments.

Let's not become them just because we joined the "won a Super Bowl" club.

Never once did I say anything about using that beyond this coming season.

bigtrain21

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1qk85iom said:

Part of me wonders if they are valid anyway. I think an ESPN NFL Live poll the other day asked if Sherman was the best corner and 51% said yes. Now this poll has only 24% saying he is a shutdown corner. The numbers also switch around so quickly it doesn't appear to be valid.

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Aros":27w70rff said:
253hawk":27w70rff said:
Kiss the ring, bitch.

That quote is just beautiful. Need anything else be said? That should be the mantra for all the coming troll nonsense this next season. Hell, that should be a t-shirt.
You want us to become 49ers fans?

Escamillo

Reaction score
bigtrain21":14hydqjx said:
Well the fans that watch NFL Network agree. Richard Sherman is not a shutdown corner even though all the numbers say that he is.

7usavy5a.jpg

haters-gonna-hate.gif

253hawk

Reaction score
RolandDeschain":1rqs6jp8 said:
Aros":1rqs6jp8 said:
253hawk":1rqs6jp8 said:
Kiss the ring, bitch.

You want us to become 49ers fans?

A ring should be good enough for one year, but not 20.

LymonHawk

Reaction score
Peterson's looking for an extension next year. He just got his name mentioned in the same sentence as Sherman. Business, boys, it just business. The same way the Sherman sells his brand.

Does this not seem familiar as what Sherman did with Revis last year. It's just business.

SouthSoundHawk

Reaction score
Isn't this the ass hat that a one point let opposing QBs obtain a staggering perfect QB rating against him?

Yeah...not trying to hear this kind of shit spill out of a sub par defenders mouth.

If someone knows a good link to find opposing QB ratings agains specific defenders, could they either point me in the right direction so I can look at the comparisons or post their findings for us? I'd be glad to look at the numbers mself and post the findings, just can't find this particular stat.

This dude is dumb and a terrible defender.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
SouthSoundHawk":2siyczw4 said:
Isn't this the ass hat that a one point let opposing QBs obtain a staggering perfect QB rating against him?

Yeah...not trying to hear this kind of shit spill out of a sub par defenders mouth.

If someone knows a good link to find opposing QB ratings agains specific defenders, could they either point me in the right direction so I can look at the comparisons or post their findings for us? I'd be glad to look at the numbers mself and post the findings, just can't find this particular stat.

This dude is dumb and a terrible defender.
cb1.png

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Wenhawk":ca9yrcww said:
Sherman vs Peterson

[youtube]1tyaJpDoEms[/youtube]

Hilarity, and this thread in general is pretty entertaining, I'd vote for HOF thread considerations.

Remember when people though Patrick Peterson was a shutdown corner? I never thought that.

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
Peterson is out of his mind. He is just embarrassing himself. Stop tweeting bro.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
LymonHawk":g72q77i7 said:
Peterson's looking for an extension next year. He just got his name mentioned in the same sentence as Sherman. Business, boys, it just business. The same way the Sherman sells his brand.

Does this not seem familiar as what Sherman did with Revis last year. It's just business.
Mmmmmm... not quite buying this as an end-all explanation. You can always say this and to a certain degree it's true. (I'm sure we're all aware of this and I don't think anyone needs to be reminded "it's a business." That's almost getting too cliche.) I'm sure we all watched the segment. I think it was Michael Silver that said PP was saying it for this reason. Sure. Well, he's going to have to go out and prove it like Sherman actually did. PP is a good player, great athlete, etc. I'm sure he will play well enough to get paid handsomely.

But, seems like PP is setting himself up for failure if he expects to surpass Sherm in comparison for that big contract he's after if it's truly just all about that. The numbers posted in this thread don't lie. This doesn't really sound like what Sherman was saying last year. He never dissed Revis. Revis took offense almost immediately. (Has Sherm fired back on PP? I haven't seen it. Perhaps he will. Whatever. That's entertainment.)

Anyway, Sherm always clarified the context of his claims and that it wasn't a strict comparison to Revis, but the numbers that he put up. Revis was out. I never heard Sherman speak poorly of Revis, only that his game speaks for itself. PP's comments are categorically different. He's actually saying that Sherm is NOT a shut down corner. Your comparison is probably just referring to the $ factor, but that's still poor taste by PP vs. how everyone got their panties all bunched up b/c a player in Seattle dared compare himself to the mostly deserved mystique of Revis.

I think another reason the comparison to the media inflated "Sherm vs. Revis" isn't quite the same... is that Sherman was saying that coming from a fairly under-appreciated place (by the media, not the Seahawks.) Yeah, he was getting some attention, but some people didn't even know who he was (evidenced by the street interviews he did on the topic in New Orleans at last year's SB.) PP is lauded in the media already. Is he really in need of more attention - to the extent of belittling another player - to get a big contract? Nah, not completely buying that.

But, having said all this... of course we all know it's a business and that plays into the reason we hear these sorts of things. I'm not trying to even attack your post, LymonHawk. What you said, in general, is in and of itself true. Still, this (PP's comments about Sherm) deserves to be on that "Come On, Man" segment.

Latest posts