Patrick Peterson takes aim at Sherm

Smellyman

Reaction score
the thread on the Cardinals forum is pretty funny. It doesn't matter what they say about Peterson v. Sherman, but the last two pages went into how bad RW is. One even saying Palmer is better.

I was going to post all his records the first two years, His playoff rating whic is 3rd or 4th all time, if he retired today he is the second all time rated qb regular season, comeback victories, rush yards, td's,wins, etc etc.

They didn't accept my registration since I had a Hong Kong IP and said I could re register, but not worth it.

Smellyman

Reaction score
hawknation2014":1p3ywnnn said:
SouthSoundHawk":1p3ywnnn said:
Isn't this the ass hat that a one point let opposing QBs obtain a staggering perfect QB rating against him?

Yeah...not trying to hear this kind of shit spill out of a sub par defenders mouth.

If someone knows a good link to find opposing QB ratings agains specific defenders, could they either point me in the right direction so I can look at the comparisons or post their findings for us? I'd be glad to look at the numbers mself and post the findings, just can't find this particular stat.

This dude is dumb and a terrible defender.
cb1.png

Need to do one for Maxwell v. Peterson. I imagine his stats are better than Peterson too. If the arguement is Peterson is better than Sherman becuase he doesn't go against #1's, Maxwell must be A LOT better than Peterson because Maxwell must be up against all #1's

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
kf3339":324nku2t said:
When you have other corners like Peterson and Haden constantly trying to compare their numbers to justify their worth all it means is they subconsciously know they are not on the same level of ability.

The reality is that Sherman has placed himself at the top of the group by his proven numbers and they just don't like it.

But honestly though who cares.

I was unaware of Haden talking any smack.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
chris98251":rk7nxk34 said:
Read another article today saying LOB needs to move over that the Pats and Cards have a claim for best secondary now.

Keep this stuff coming, I know it is just adding to the fire.

http://network.yardbarker.com/nfl/a...ksrc=story_article_msn_mainhead_head_16534903

Also the dudes an idiot, it's LOB not LOD.
Well now, all they have to do is PROVE IT, right?
There's a damned good reason that Sherman isn't covering the SUPPOSED better Receivers, and that's because they try to avoid his side of the field, KNOWING that he, (like Thomas), more often than not, is going to make them pay.
THAT, is the respect that he has forced out of them, and in fact, Chancellor is forcing the Quarterbacks to re-think about throwing very many balls his way...Kind of a damned if you do, damned if you don't LOL.
Neither the Pats, nor the Cards have a Secondary anywhere near as smothering as the Seahawks, so if anyone needs to move over?, it's anyone who thinks they can cover anywhere near as good as the LOB

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Wasn't it at the Arizona game last year where the Cardinals receivers were seen on the sidelines coaching each other how to bat down their team's own passes so Sherman couldn't intercept them?

Just random thought I had. Pretty funny to think about now with PP trying to diminish Sherman's impact on the field.

gulliver

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2oi2qjwk said:
That fan poll is useless. A lot of people outside of Seattle do not like Sherman and their vote is totally based on that vs. an objective view on his play.
Not only did Sherman play shut down corner but he still managed to grab interceptions. Some detractors say that he doesn't follow the #1 receiver around. Well why should he be punished for scheme and other talented guys around him.
100%.

I've been shocked at how little credit Sherman has gotten outside of Seattle. I'm here in STL where the people at work suddenly hated Sherm after his NFCCG outburst. A LOT of people outside of Seattle put him on their enemies list after that outburst. I listened to Rome after that game and within a day he had already noticed the Broncos had a LOT more fans. The fact that they then watched the Hawks flush the Broncos down the toilet with extreme prejudice made people even more crazy, and desperate to see Sherman clowned and dethroned.

There's also a bit of the underdog thing here. Once the (deserved) Jadaveon Clowney hype hit fever pitch, all of a sudden the number of people saying Khalil Mack was the "clear" #1 pass rusher exploded. People just want to be different.

Because of all that, the number of times I've seen fans and media determine that Richard Sherman is NOT the best corner in the game has exploded. Numbers don't lie, but now nobody outside the NW wants to give him credit.

Basically, people want someone with Sherman's talent and Russell Wilson's super-humble folksiness in interviews. Rewrite the record books, fine, but let people know you rewrote them and suddenly they want you sleeping out of your car.

Fuel to the fire...