Panthers vs Broncos

NINEster

Reaction score
minormillikin":jlq89dse said:
I don't really want the Broncos to go back to the Super Bowl, because I'd prefer the Seahawks beat a different team. Steelers would be great, Patriots, or a different team.

Not sure the Seahawks want to rematch the Broncos so soon.

Missed the strong Broncos by a season (2014).

2018 in Denver if this defense is still nasty.....

Smellyman

Reaction score
NINEster":2vqumfrd said:
minormillikin":2vqumfrd said:
I don't really want the Broncos to go back to the Super Bowl, because I'd prefer the Seahawks beat a different team. Steelers would be great, Patriots, or a different team.

Yeah, the Seahawks only faced them when they had the best offense in NFL history.

Crizilla

Reaction score
kearly":38if6pml said:
Funny how icing the kicker and letting him have a practice kick actually ended up paying off for Kubiak.

I thought the same. Too bad Atlanta benefited from it BIG time against us

RedAlice

Reaction score
Smellyman":67m5v1ke said:
NINEster":67m5v1ke said:
minormillikin":67m5v1ke said:

Yeah, the Seahawks only faced them when they had the best offense in NFL history.

Good point. Don't wait around for a Niner fan to admit that though.

I'm rooting for the Steelers in the AFC this year. I am not rooting for the Hawks in the NFC, but if you do make it: that re-match if it's v Steelers will be gold.

eta: I'm rooting for AZ in the NFC this year. As far a the Super Bowl goes.

I wish it could be Rams, but I'm realistic. AZ is my home, and it seems like this year is their best chance for awhile.

Ramfan128

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":1efaqxab said:
XxXdragonXxX":1efaqxab said:
Laloosh":1efaqxab said:
Wasn't it a 4th and 21?

4th and 21 and a mutual contact foul at the LOS gives them a 1st down.

The fact the NFL continues to ignore this riiculousness is...ridiculous.
Yep, that's a joke....... But with that rule the way it is, the NFL can "steer" games to the desired direction.
We saw that happen tonight.

You can look at it that way....but we all know that WRs have almost never been called for hands to the face, while CBs constantly get called for it.

On top of that, he was covering Kelvin Benjamin. Which means that his hand had no business being anywhere near the face of a guy 6" taller than him...and if you look at the replay, the CBs hand/arm was level with his own head. Maybe it was still an accident - maybe he was trying to get Benjamin's upper chest. But if I was a Bronco fan - and I was rooting for them last night - I am upset with the CB for doing something so stupid on 4th and 21.

HawkGA

Reaction score
253hawk":2kio79nd said:
Yep, that's a solid shot right in the shoulder pad if Cam stays somewhat upright, but his entire body is coming down due to the leg tackle.

His body isn't just going down, he deliberately lowers his head too. This might be because he reflexively looks down after getting hit in the legs, but either way, Cam ducks his head.

aawolf

Reaction score
Panthers are my second-favorite team. From my perspective, I think the Panthers would have won on a neutral field or of course, at home. In the second half, Cam was hurt on that first sack and the pass rush was getting home. Defensively, the inexperienced secondary was exploited in the pass and run game. Kuechly, with his standard 10 tackles, was not up to snuff stopping runs for short yardage. On the bright side, when the offense was moving, it was a thing of beauty-even against a VERY good defense.

I thought both teams played a great game. I think Denver's secondary is as good as their pass rush. I further think that Seimien is the truth and, if healthy, will be a decent QB for them for years to come. At first, I thought they just started the QB that looked most like Payton Manning complete with the high forehead, but he proved me wrong.

aawolf

Reaction score
Smellyman":12m6sf27 said:
bigskydoc":12m6sf27 said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/774091357484752896[/tweet]

Stewart launched himself, led with the crown of his helmet, and initiated helmet-to-helmet contact.

Certainly looks like head hunting. Either way, he will be getting a hefty fine next week

need one full speed.

Cam's head is a full foot higher when he launched and turned his shoulder into him.
https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/ew80.mp4

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/nvhp.mp4

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/xq0l.mp4

HawkGA

Reaction score
HawkGA":1q6swntf said:
253hawk":1q6swntf said:
Yep, that's a solid shot right in the shoulder pad if Cam stays somewhat upright, but his entire body is coming down due to the leg tackle.

His body isn't just going down, he deliberately lowers his head too. This might be because he reflexively looks down after getting hit in the legs, but either way, Cam ducks his head.

One thing I should add is that I haven't seen any of the other hits, so my comments apply specifically to the video linked above. There may well have been targeting or flag worthy penalties (read an article that said there were 3 other head shots) on other plays.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Wait, people are seriously trying to argue that the Broncos shouldn't have been flagged multiple times for targeting Newton's head behind the LOS?

If the Broncos had done this to Wilson y'all would still be angry about it a decade from now.

I seriously think that if Cam and the Panthers hadn't dabbed all over the Hawks' SB aspirations in the playoffs last year not a single person here would be defending this.

Video Doesn't Embed: http://deadspin.com/the-broncos-went-at ... 1786417452

ivotuk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2koc30ju said:
Wait, people are seriously trying to argue that the Broncos shouldn't have been flagged multiple times for targeting Newton's head behind the LOS?

If the Broncos had done this to Wilson y'all would still be angry about it a decade from now.

I seriously think that if Cam and the Panthers hadn't dabbed all over the Hawks' SB aspirations in the playoffs last year not a single person here would be defending this.

Yea, I know...if that had been Russell Wilson, people would be screaming bloody murder. The shot to the back of Newton's knee should have been a penalty too after what happened to Carson Palmer. They've flagged Bennett for that before.

And that offsetting penalty rule is such BS. Cam pulled his arm back because he saw another shot to the head coming.

Referees were coddling John Elway and the Broncos Legacy team, just like they do for the Steelers.

Milehighhawk

Reaction score
Popeyejones":2v9t99sa said:

I concur. You can say on the last one "oh he was aiming for the shoulder" but we all know he launched and aimed high intentionally because otherwise that is absolutely terrible form for actually tackling someone. They need to do away with this launching garbage for good both low and high and force these clowns to wrap up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

b8rtm8nn

Reaction score
aawolf":19xllnry said:
Smellyman":19xllnry said:
bigskydoc":19xllnry said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/steve_os/status/774091357484752896[/tweet]

Stewart launched himself, led with the crown of his helmet, and initiated helmet-to-helmet contact.

Certainly looks like head hunting. Either way, he will be getting a hefty fine next week

need one full speed.

Cam's head is a full foot higher when he launched and turned his shoulder into him.
https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/ew80.mp4

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/nvhp.mp4

https://cdn-e2.streamable.com/video/mp4-mobile/xq0l.mp4

Pretty blatant in the last two, especially the launching up into Cam. Disappointing that the bad officiating has started already - I like physical football, but bruising the ribs and damaging the brain aren't on the same level.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Popeyejones":29kokomk said:

Let's face it, put a niners uniform on the Broncos last night you'd be defending them and white knighting for your team.

Russ gets targeted all of the time and rarely is a flag thrown, I don't see you coming to his defense when that happens.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
ivotuk":2o23pqap said:
Remember this "roughing the passer"?

[youtube]49sNHgahFAI[/youtube]

That call still kills me. I've watched it from every available angle and don't see Thomas's supposed forearm to the head. In fact if you watch it in slow motion it is obvious Thomas was going out of his way to not hit or hurt Ryan in any way.

The thing that gets lost on some is that was another Mike Carey call. Remember Mike Carey? We have had discussions about him and his P/F's called against the Seahawks since 2005 and that until last year, we had never won a game he officiated and every game included mind boggling bad calls like this one and the roughing the passer on Wagner IIRC when he wrapped up the QB at the waist and didn't even really tackle him while Carey was standing 10 feet behind the QB.

That call cost us that game and in the end we ended up 1/2 a game behind the 9ers for the 5th seed instead of 12-4 for the #2 seed.

Ugg, still kills me. I would never wish injury on a player but if Carey would have gotten wrapped up in a tackle and couldn't officiate anymore I would simply say, thank you Karma.

JumpmanXhawk

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":56ege80n said:
Milehighhawk":56ege80n said:
Like Cam or not, that Denver D is headhunting and will draw some serious fines this week. Also the hands to the face was legit. If Harris wants to be considered a top 5 db he has to avoid that especially in that situation.
Agree with the first part, disagree with the last part, you don't call that on that play on the part of the game.
If it's that obvious you do.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Sports Hernia":17r48f3h said:
Popeyejones":17r48f3h said:

Let's face it, put a niners uniform on the Broncos last night you'd be defending them and white knighting for your team.

Russ gets targeted all of the time and rarely is a flag thrown, I don't see you coming to his defense when that happens.

Not sure why you even bother with him Hernia, I have given up thinking he may one day become a decent member of the forum. The guy is full of envy and jealousy, it comes through in every one of his posts. He's not worth reading let alone responding too.

Maybe if we all just put him on ignore he will go away.

It's amazing to me how many good 9er posters we have on here and some of those didn't start off great and even waffle from time to time but they at least try and offer something to the forum. I'm not sure if this guy has ever even tried more than to just hold his subtle insults a post or two before you see if seething back through. He can't help himself.

Latest posts