Panthers @ Eagles

minormillikin

Reaction score
I can't watch this game right now, just following gamecast, but I can picture Clam Newton's defeatist expressions and body language.

A

Anonymous

Ohhhhhhh, can you imagine how much Sanchez' blood must have boiling waiting for this re-opportunity?

Taking full advantage of the situation, he is.

HawkWow

Reaction score
pehawk":339su7k4 said:
Every other Monday I host a group that reaches out to women with cesarean scars. We offer friendship, support, coconut oil, and most of all love. So, I'm only half watching.

Gdam is Chips system brilliant. He may form a new model where only competent quarterbacking is necessary. Low cap hit guys. It doesn't surprise me Sanchez is tearing it up.

Nice. You should let me know where. I will start a support group on the opposite side of town for husbands traumatized by wives with cesarean scars. Offering friendship, support, beer, and most of all hookers.

Props to the Philly FO for taking a chance with Chip and his controlled mayhem. Unsure how long McCoy will be happy in this system though. Kelly's O's might be "run first", but he has a ton of money tied up in a back not seeing a heck of a lot of action (thus far). Michael would fit well in his scheme. Our 1 and Michael for Peters. Thinks me. Philly could then trade McCoy for (a lot) while being free of that heavy contract.

pehawk

Reaction score
We need JSeahwks to confirm (he's our spokes for all championshipless Pac-12 schools), but, Chip strikes me as a man who will be just fine paying a $5-$10M a year QB, but not more. It's the system, truly and more so than we've really seen in our lifetime. I know that's lofty praise and bullshit, but, I kind of believe it.

I'm not saying it'll translate into rings, there's some sound logic behind Chip's program being a regular season only marvel. But, I think he'll tell Foles to kick bricks if the kid comes in there expecting to be paid top 15. There's a lot more QB's coming into the pros suited for his system than their is conventional offenses. His system can create the same lanes and space you see in college. Until the NFCE catches up, and starts building their dlines inside-out, vs outside-in, he'll run that division.

Can I just say I LOVE talking nerdy NFL theory? I know this forum is mostly reserved for people coaxing Marvin49 into a flaming, but still.

JSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":1lmsxv02 said:
We need JSeahwks to confirm (he's our spokes for all championshipless Pac-12 schools), but, Chip strikes me as a man who will be just fine paying a $5-$10M a year QB, but not more. It's the system, truly and more so than we've really seen in our lifetime. I know that's lofty praise and bullshit, but, I kind of believe it.

I'm not saying it'll translate into rings, there's some sound logic behind Chip's program being a regular season only marvel. But, I think he'll tell Foles to kick bricks if the kid comes in there expecting to be paid top 15. There's a lot more QB's coming into the pros suited for his system than their is conventional offenses. His system can create the same lanes and space you see in college. Until the NFCE catches up, and starts building their dlines inside-out, vs outside-in, he'll run that division.

Can I just say I LOVE talking nerdy NFL theory? I know this forum is mostly reserved for people coaxing Marvin49 into a flaming, but still.

Just started a chip kelly thread with an article i think would interest you.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Solid points, Pe. And really, if Chip wins enough Reg season games, that will get him HFA and anything can happen in that Philly weather in the post.. But, the super bowls will soon be played exclusively in Hawaii (If I'm elected) so just like at Oregon ...always the bride's maid.. and all that.

CPHawk

Reaction score
pehawk":23javcyo said:

I'm not sure I agree that Chips O is only built for regular season. What got him at UO was the other teams having a month to prepare, when a team only has a week, it puts a lot of pressure on the opposing DC to figure out a way to stop them. Most anyone who watched Chip at UO knows this to be true, the best time to play his teams where always the first week of the year, and bowl games.

As for system players and Qb, Kelly is a master at putting his players in a spot to succeed, he never puts them in a bad spot. He's flexible with his gameplans, unlike so many who don't adjust to players strengths he does. And he's not married to any one way of doing things.

pehawk

Reaction score
If Pete Carroll and Rainman had a kid, it'd be Chip. I said that before, but personally I think it describes him the best.

HawkWow

Reaction score
My new nickname for Carroll is Perma-Pass Pete. He and the Teflon John are incapable of doing any wrong.

This is just a tad more titillating than last nights game, so to appease the Mrs, headed down to the beach where I hope to find some nesting sea turtles to throw rocks at. Still angry at ma' nature after narrowly escaping the attack of a Monk seal on our morning run. Seriously. It's no mystery they're endangered.

Yxes1122

Reaction score
This is what aggravated me about Benjamin in college... so many mental lapses the last few weeks. He's been invisible the last few weeks and not because he hasn't been targeted in abundance. He's a frustrating talent to say the least.

Though I'm a little biased as he is on my fantasy.

googoodan

Reaction score
HawkWow":ms5sgbct said:
Thanks...I never would have remembered that name. Think it was Lofa that put him out. I think with a hit that would be defined as illegal today (iirc). He was a solid back but never heard much from him thereafter.

He was only a solid special teamer. Played extremely hard, though. Brought that special teams mean streak for a few weeks in 2004 when half our team was on IR, and put up decent numbers.

Does anyone remember that thread from a few weeks ago when I said I wish the Panthers had the Seahawks' O-line and everyone laughed at me?

Latest posts