Panther Fans Enlighten Me

2_0_6

Reaction score
So I'm guessing the Percy Harvin trade as the players were boarding the plane to go to STL, IR designations to Miller, Coleman, Mebane, Hill, Unger out for 10 weeks to along with the media saying our QB not being "black enough" wouldn't affect us either?

Hmm.

I guess the Niners & Cardinals weren't trying hard when they played us either? I understand where you are coming from, I'm a Hawks homer myself but your points seem like utter rambling that makes no real sense.

ctrcat

Reaction score
hawkfan68":10p4lecf said:
ctrcat":10p4lecf said:
2012 was a 4 PM EST game and the Panthers were coming off THE most maddening loss in franchise history @ATL, 2013 was the opener, how is the 1 PM EST an advantage there when no one has played any game to compare or adjust? And 2014 the Hawks had just played a 1 PM EST @STL. I just fail to see any advantage with the start time, and the Panthers are 14-9 all time on the west coast.

Admittedly, the Panthers have had less of a HFA, relatively speaking, than the rest of the league and won @SF, @NO, and @ATL, while losing at home in the same year to these teams. All time, there have even been more road playoff wins than home.

Amazingly, the Panthers have won more games in December than any team in the National Football League since entering the league. A bizarre but true stat. Cam also has the second highest active December win % after Brady, and that includes a loss @Arrowhead the day after the murder/suicide there, a game they clearly showed compassion to the Chiefs. The bottom line is they simply play better at the end of the year.

Just food for thought.

It's a good thing that the game is played in January then...haha.

Carolina is playing much better and they are their division champs. They have won enough to be where there's at. Credit where credit is due.

The reason I feel the Seahawks have an advantage in this game, besides being at home and being very good, is that the Seahawks have been facing top defenses over a month. It's been a gauntlet like - tough defense each week. 49ers twice, Rams, and Cards twice. Thus the Seahawk offense has been battle tested for playing tough defenses. Carolina has played Arizona but what other top defenses have they played? Do you consider the Vikings, Browns, Falcons, Bucs, and Saints top defenses? I don't.

Can't really argue with that. The Panthers in December is truly bizarre and many wins have come in losing seasons. I do think the 2011 and 2012 Panthers could have been dangerous if they didn't already dig too deep of a hole.

ctrcat

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":126ze3in said:
So I'm guessing the Percy Harvin trade as the players were boarding the plane to go to STL, IR designations to Miller, Coleman, Mebane, Hill, Unger out for 10 weeks to along with the media saying our QB not being "black enough" wouldn't affect us either?

Hmm.

I guess the Niners & Cardinals weren't trying hard when they played us either? I understand where you are coming from, I'm a Hawks homer myself but your points seem like utter rambling that makes no real sense.

Sure. Not sure if you're talking to me or not, but in my entire post "history" here, I have never bad mouthed the Hawks with the lone possible exception of the Stevens post above who darn sure deserves it. This is y'alls board, y'all are the defending champs, and you have a good chance to repeat this year. Quite frankly if I say anything about the Hawks or their chances here it's positive. I have also sprinkled a few unrelated posts here, but I mostly stick to the Panthers strengths and weaknesses, simply relaying information from a Panthers standpoint the way I see it.

2_0_6

Reaction score
ctrcat":24o87mzi said:
Hawk_Nation":24o87mzi said:

Hmm.

Sure. Not sure if you're talking to me or not, but in my entire post "history" here, I have never bad mouthed the Hawks with the lone possible exception of the Stevens post above who darn sure deserves it. This is y'alls board, y'all are the defending champs, and you have a good chance to repeat this year. Quite frankly if I say anything about the Hawks or their chances here it's positive. I have also sprinkled a few unrelated posts here, but I mostly stick to the Panthers strengths and weaknesses, simply relaying information from a Panthers standpoint the way I see it.

Yup just some friendly banter my firend.

canfan

Reaction score
Dark Pump":229t3iv6 said:
HawkFan72":229t3iv6 said:
thebigcat":229t3iv6 said:
we started this season off very poorly and inexcusable. We lost our probowl DE because our owner caved under pressure, we lost our all pro LT to retirement and our pro bowl WR was cut, we had a patchwork offensive line and lost the entire secondary and WR group. Despite all this, we win the division albeit a weak one and ever since the Minnesota game the team has lit a fire.

You lost your Pro Bowl DE because he's a scumbag and should be in jail. Your owner finally did the right thing. The sad thing is that he waited to do it until the pressure was too great.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerramy_Stevens

No argument there. Jerramy Stevens was/is a scumbag and should have been in jail before he ever even got to the Seahawks. Their crime was drafting him with that huge rape red flag hanging over his head. That doesn't mean any of the above statements are any less true.

NorCalSeahawk

Reaction score
Eh.... Honestly, Carolina is playing good football and I don't expect them to roll over on Saturday, but if Seattle plays an above average game and they don't turn the ball over they will win by 10-14. I just don't see it with Carolina this year, with the game IN Seattle (24-2 in the last 3 seasons), on prime time (Seattle has only lost one game in primetime game under Pete (Oct, 18th, 2012 on a Thursday in San Fran)) and really Seattle is just more talented at more positions at THIS POINT in THIS season.

Can Carolina win this game, sure, do a lot of things have to break right for Carolina to win this game, absolutely. If Seattle takes Carolina lightly and the Seahawks lose the turnover battle...... then this game could be a lot more interesting then people are thinking.

Dark Pump

Reaction score
[youtube]7tacKrLtljg[/youtube]

You guys will be having nightmares about 58 for weeks after Saturday.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Dark Pump":3ejzznna said:

We have this guy named Bobby Wagner that Cam or your fans lucked out and did not see this year.

Who is #58? I don't see him on the Pro Bowl roster and those highlights looks like they are from last year. Cool highlight of him getting a flag for hitting RG3 late out of bunds. :roll:

Dark Pump

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2dq00lzg said:
Dark Pump":2dq00lzg said:

We have this guy named Bobby Wagner that Cam or your fans lucked out and did not see this year.

Who is #58? I don't see him on the Pro Bowl roster... :lol:

We all know the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. If you don't know 58 now, you will by Saturday.

Dark Pump

Reaction score
[youtube]OuPNHBqqF2A[/youtube]

Your boy Turbin knows him.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Yes know who he is, and he kows what the Hawks 12th man is all about.. He was here back in '05,remember how that ended for you?

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Dark Pump":1jzmxzb6 said:
Hawk_Nation":1jzmxzb6 said:
Dark Pump":1jzmxzb6 said:

Who is #58? I don't see him on the Pro Bowl roster... :lol:

We all know the Pro Bowl is a popularity contest. If you don't know 58 now, you will by Saturday.

I raise you number 31...hope Cam decides to run it a ton and he will find out what Kam is all about

[youtube]MAyzqMhd2i4[/youtube]

2_0_6

Reaction score
Dark Pump":3fdxsgci said:
Hawk_Nation":3fdxsgci said:
Your boy only has 1/2 sack more than KJ Wright, 7 less tackles, and one less forced fumble. #statsDONTlie

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/8429/thomas-davis
http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/_/id/14140/kj-wright

My "boy" is 6 years older and has 3 knee surgeries on one knee and still producing.

:roll: You post on how were going to feel his pain, then back pedal with an excuse in regards to age & surgeries on why we have a guy with better tats..

Don't get me wrong Davis is a stud, but Id still take Bobby & KJ over Luke and him any day of the week

Lukeness Monster

Reaction score
I just don't understand how you guys think your pedestrian offense is going to put up 20+ points on the second best D playing right now.

You have a very good RB who we've shut down before and probably will again. No discredit to him, but we're very good against the run and power backs generally don't do much against us. Your receiving corps is one of the least intimidating in the NFL. Our secondary is playing exceptionally well right now.

I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but I just don't see where the confidence in the offense comes from outside of Wilson, whom we've seen 3 times in 3 years and are familiar with.

Dark Pump

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":60ifdnxg said:
Dark Pump":60ifdnxg said:
Hawk_Nation":60ifdnxg said:
Your boy only has 1/2 sack more than KJ Wright, 7 less tackles, and one less forced fumble. #statsDONTlie

My "boy" is 6 years older and has 3 knee surgeries on one knee and still producing.

:roll: You post on how were going to feel his pain, then back pedal with an excuse in regards to age & surgeries on why we have a guy with better tats..

Don't get me wrong Davis is a stud, but Id still take Bobby & KJ over Luke and him any day of the week

I'm not back pedaling. I'm making a point. If you want to compare stats,Luke has better stats than both of them. We will see who has the bigger impact on Saturday.

grizbob

Reaction score
Lukeness Monster":1l6w5htw said:
I just don't understand how you guys think your pedestrian offense is going to put up 20+ points on the second best D playing right now.

You have a very good RB who we've shut down before and probably will again. No discredit to him, but we're very good against the run and power backs generally don't do much against us. Your receiving corps is one of the least intimidating in the NFL. Our secondary is playing exceptionally well right now.

I honestly don't mean this as an insult, but I just don't see where the confidence in the offense comes from outside of Wilson, whom we've seen 3 times in 3 years and are familiar with.

Pick 6 X 2 :roll:

Lukeness Monster

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":qt6lauu5 said:
Dark Pump":qt6lauu5 said:
Hawk_Nation":qt6lauu5 said:

From a talent and production stance I think you're in the minority. The reigning DPOY and an absolute stud at OLB are the best tandem in the league. Your guys are very good in their own right, but 58 and 59 rule the roost.