07 FB Spencer Ware
XX FB Derrick Coleman

WIDE RECIEVERS & TIGHT ENDS (8)
08 WR Sidney Rice
09 WR Golden Tate
10 WR Doug Baldwin
11 WR Stephen Williams
12 WR Jermaine Kearse
PS 02 Chris Harper/ PS 03 Phil Bates (FB, possibly TE)
PS/XX Perez Ashford/ Arceto Clark (if Harper or Bates don’t make it)
PUP WR Percy Harvin
XX WR Bryan Walters
XX WR Brett Swain

13 TE Zach Miller
14 TE Luke Willson
15 TE Seth McGrath

NA TE Marcedes Lewis (Option to entertain, Jaguars TE M. Lewis will make $ 9.5 million in 2013. With a new coach, he could become a cap causality as the team transitions under Bradley. Seahawks possibly could sign Lewis to a cheap show me contract and imo he grades out has a bigger, better, more experienced Anthony McCoy).

IR TE Anthony McCoy
XX TE Cooper Helfet
XX TE Jameson Konz
XX TE Darren Fells

OFFENSIVE LINE (9)
16 OT Russell Okung
17 OT Breno Giacomini:
18 OT Alvin Bailey (OG):
19 OT Michael Bowie (OG):
20 OG Paul McQuistan (OT)
21 OG James Carpenter (OT):
22 OG J.R. Sweezy
23 OC Max Unger (OG)
24 OC Lemanuel Jeanpierre (OG)
PS/XX 04 Ryan Seymour (OG, OC, OT)/ Rishaw Johnson
PS/XX 05 Mike Person (OT, OC, BTE)/ Jared Smith (OC, OG)

DEFENSIVE LINE (10)
25 LEO Michael Bennett (Rush DT)
26 LEO Cliff Avril
27 LEO Benson Mayowa
NA LEO Bruce Irvin (Suspended 4 Games)
PUP LEO Chris Clemons (6 Games)
IR LEO Kenneth Boatright
XX LEO Ty Powell

28 5DE Red Bryant
29 5DE Jaye Howard
30 3DT Tony McDaniel
31 3DT Michael Brooks
32 1DT Brandon Mebane
33 1DT Jordan Hill (INJ)
34 1DT Clinton McDonald
PS/XX 06 Martin Parker/ Sealver Siligi
PUP DL Greg Scruggs (Achilles Heel)
I.R. Jesse Williams (Knee)
XX DT Dewayne Cherrington

LINEBACKER (06)
35 SLB O’brien Schofield:
36 SLB Mike Morgan:
37 MLB Bobby Wagner
38 MLB Allen Bradford
39 WLB K.J. Wright
40 WLB Malcolm Smith
PS 07 John Loutulelei / Kyle Knox
IR LB Korey Toomer
XX LB Heath Farwell
XX LB Craig Wilkins

DEFENSIVEBACKS (10)
41 LCB Richard Sherman
42 RCB Brandon Browner
43 NCB Antoine Winfield
44 4CB Walter Thurmond
45 5CB Byron Maxwell
46 6CB Jeremy Lane
PUP CB Tharold Simon
XX CB Will Blackmon

47 FS Earl Thomas
48 FS Chris Margagos
49 SS Kam Chanchellor
50 SS Jeron Johnson
PS/XX 08 Deshawn Shead/ Ron Parker
XX SS Winston Guy

SPECIAL TEAMS (3)
51 K Steven Hauschka
52 P Jon Ryan
53 LS Kyle Nelson
XX LS Clint Gresham

Poster's Note: For some reason my tab spaces didn't cut and paste over, so I will come back later and clean it up to make it easier to read.

Also, my copypasta left out Doug Baldwin and my numbering ended up wrong...but that is fixed, now.

OP
OP
P

Pandion Haliaetus

Reaction score
JSeahawks":168xftsr said:
Now that we have Baldwin figured out, I don't think they'll PUP Clemons.

Yeah, its really if Clemons is good to go then I would leave Mayowa off but if not then Mayowa would be left on.

McDonald is likely cut when Hill is healthy but thinking about that now it would make sense to go with a cheaper option, if i'm just going to end up cutting McDonald anyway once Hill is can come back.

Jazzhawk

Reaction score
I can't argue too much with your predictions. They seem pretty spot on. Tho lets face it, JS/PC always find a way to surprise us at this time of year.

Cartire

Reaction score
Its possible they keep Mayowa and Clemons and make the extra cut at CB. I dont think Lane is making the cut.

DavidSeven

Reaction score
Cartire":1uautl3u said:
I dont think Lane is making the cut.

He's arguably the best ST player on the team given his capabilities as both a gunner and kick returner. He's also a good corner. He's a lock.

Mayowa makes the team, even with Clem healthy. Perhaps at the expense of McDonald or Morgan.

Cartire

Reaction score
DavidSeven":u2gx4vwb said:
Cartire":u2gx4vwb said:

He's arguably the best ST player on the team given his capabilities as both a gunner and kick returner. He's also a good corner. He's a lock.

Mayowa makes the team, even with Clem healthy. Perhaps at the expense of McDonald or Morgan.

Lane has not shown me anything his rookie year or this preseason to make me think he's anything more then fast. He reacts slow in coverage and his lighter weight gives him no physical presence.

His return capabilities are fine, but not needed with a team that already has good skilled returners.

His speed is what makes him a good gunner, but once again, not enough to guarantee a lock. He'll make the 75 on Tuesday. I dont think he makes the 53.

cover-2

Reaction score
Nice job on predicting the final roster! I would only make one tweak to your final roster, and that is DT Sealver Siliga. Siliga was outstanding vs. the run, he gets a nice push into the pocket. Red Bryant has been playing some DT this pre-season and I have not been impressed with him playing inside, he is easily blocked by one offensive lineman when opposing teams run. Whereas Siliga held his ground and showed the ability to shed o-lineman to get to ball carrier. Siliga will not bring much as a pass rusher, but I think he should backup Mebane at the 1-technique. At 6-2 325 lbs Siliga has the size and strength to win the leverage battle against offensive lineman more so than Clinton McDonald.

I also could see CB Antoine Winfield not making the final roster. He has admitted he is more comfortable in zone coverage than he is in man coverage, and he has not really stood out so far this pre-season. His strength is zone coverage and he is good against the run...why not just go big nickel; Earl Thomas covering the slot with Maragos at FS or keep Thomas at FS and put Jeron Johnson or Byron Maxwell covering the slot.

I also, like your idea of signing TE Mercedes Lewis although I doubt he gets cut. I think Lewis is one of the team leaders and there isn't much proven depth behind him at TE.

Hendo66

Reaction score
Guys on the fringe:
McDonald
Morgan
Lane/Maxwell
Mayowa

Another option at TE is try to deal Lane or Maxwell to Detroit for Schefler.

NorthwestSportsFan

Reaction score
I don't think Gresham gets cut for Nelson. And I don't think anyone outside of the organization really knows whether Clemons will start on the PUP list. If he is active I'd take off Clinton McDonald. I know they're different positions, but I can't see them letting any of the LEO's go. I'm guessing we'll see a decent amount of double-LEO this year.

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
Cartire":gpuqelcv said:
DavidSeven":gpuqelcv said:
Cartire":gpuqelcv said:

Lane has not shown me anything his rookie year or this preseason to make me think he's anything more then fast. He reacts slow in coverage and his lighter weight gives him no physical presence.

His return capabilities are fine, but not needed with a team that already has good skilled returners.

His speed is what makes him a good gunner, but once again, not enough to guarantee a lock. He'll make the 75 on Tuesday. I dont think he makes the 53.

Just going off my memory here, but wasn't Lane the fill in for Browner last year during his suspension? If that was him, I thought he did fairly well.