Overconfident?

terrytogo

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":su50fxnj said:
terrytogo":su50fxnj said:
Hawk_Nation":su50fxnj said:
Cardinals Defense > Saints Weee-fense

They gave up more yards and points per game, and had an easier schedule. We had the second toughest schedule in the entire league, and the Cardinals' schedule wasn't even in the top 5.

So what happened when you went to STL? Brees went 39/56 393 yards and 1 td but yet your defense still found a way to lose.

Drew had a terrible game and the offensive line couldn't protect him at all. The defense lacked intensity and looked like they took the rams for granted. We didn't commit to the run and couldn't stop the run.

We always have trouble in St. Louis for whatever reason; us Saints fans can't put our hands on why. I honestly think any team in the league would have beaten us that day.

terrytogo

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1vq0h3w1 said:
terrytogo":1vq0h3w1 said:
Hawk_Nation":1vq0h3w1 said:

They gave up more yards and points per game, and had an easier schedule. We had the second toughest schedule in the entire league, and the Cardinals' schedule wasn't even in the top 5.

Listen homey, we're not saying the Cards are a better team (although a lot could argue they were by the end of the year). But you're insane if you think your defenses match up.

Next to the Hawks, Niners and Carolina the Cards have just as physically punishing of a defense. They're weaker in the secondary, but their front seven is nasty.

Overall the Saints are a better team, but that's ALL on the offensive side of the ball.

We beat the cardinals by three touchdowns when their defense was the strongest. When you played them, they were without tyrann Mathieu.

2_0_6

Reaction score
terrytogo":2epf0nzn said:
Sgt. Largent":2epf0nzn said:
terrytogo":2epf0nzn said:
Hawk_Nation":2epf0nzn said:

Listen homey, we're not saying the Cards are a better team (although a lot could argue they were by the end of the year). But you're insane if you think your defenses match up.

Next to the Hawks, Niners and Carolina the Cards have just as physically punishing of a defense. They're weaker in the secondary, but their front seven is nasty.

Overall the Saints are a better team, but that's ALL on the offensive side of the ball.

We beat the cardinals by three touchdowns when their defense was the strongest. When you played them, they were without tyrann Mathieu.

You played them at home, on the third week of the season, with their new coaching staff still working out the kinks with personnel and play calling.

Dont forget, we played them a few weeks later in a primetime game in their house and imposed our will the entire time.

I understand your a passionate fan as am I, but there is a time to be a realist and look at the stats.

:thirishdrinkers:

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
terrytogo":2a9bctnn said:
Sgt. Largent":2a9bctnn said:
terrytogo":2a9bctnn said:
Hawk_Nation":2a9bctnn said:

Not the first time in Glendale

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Considering the popular thing among a lot of media seems to be annointing the Niners as the best team in the NFC, I don't think listening to the media is going to make the team over-confident.

HansGruber

Reaction score
jake206":19yyn0rn said:
Seahawks need to focus on the Saints and forget the media hype. In the NFL, its any given Sunday. Otherwise they're asking to be upset this weekend.

You just blew my mind.

But I'll bet all the Seahawks are just getting high on glue right now and celebrating the win against the saints.

SF-Wald

Reaction score
terrytogo":3glo7ksz said:
Hawk_Nation":3glo7ksz said:

Are you sure about your strength of schedule stats? This link shows a pretty average SOS. http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/ ... card-round

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
terrytogo":36oztag2 said:
Hawk_Nation":36oztag2 said:
terrytogo":36oztag2 said:
Hawk_Nation":36oztag2 said:

So what happened when you went to STL? Brees went 39/56 393 yards and 1 td but yet your defense still found a way to lose.

Drew had a terrible game and the offensive line couldn't protect him at all. The defense lacked intensity and looked like they took the rams for granted. We didn't commit to the run and couldn't stop the run.

We always have trouble in St. Louis for whatever reason; us Saints fans can't put our hands on why. I honestly think any team in the league would have beaten us that day.
Your Saints also always have problems in Seattle too, just sayin'!

RussellMania

Reaction score
I know a good fan always keeps expectations low, but even if I weren't a Seahawks fan I just can't see New Orleans winning this game. Seattle isn't unbeatable but the Saints just match up so poorly against against them.