Overconfident?

Hawks46

Reaction score
Blitzer88":24i90vt8 said:
I am definitely not overconfident after seeing the home teams go 1-3 this weekend.

The players all said they were watching the games causually, as fans this weekend. Most of us took note of this fact above, and I hope it sinks into our players as well.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Pete will have them ready to play their best game of the year.

This next game is what this team has been working for this whole season and preseason.

Our defense will win this game...

Hawks 23

Saints 17

AgentDib

Reaction score
Bigpumpkin":31kxq3ex said:
Are there posters on this forum who "get the cart before the horse"? Of course...I pay no attention to them.....as do most serious thinking Hawks fans.
On the other hand, any Seahawks fan who is wildly overconfident about the Saints game is also probably happier about it right now. If we are all spending entertainment time and dollars and the overconfident ones are getting more satisfaction, then aren't they truly better off?

terrytogo

Reaction score
VivaEfrenHerrera":193l5uq6 said:
I'll admit it: I'm dangerously overconfident at this point. I didn't see a single thing from any of the eight teams that played this weekend that concerned me even a little bit. I've thought all year long that refs and injuries are the only two things that can really slow this team down. And I still think it. These Hawks are on another level right now. We're not used to this in Seattle, and it's pretty damn cool.

How did the Cardinals go into Clink and beat you guys while committing 4 turnovers?

I know that the seahawks were trying to win the game because HF advantage could've been earned, and they could've rested two weeks instead of one.

The cardinals don't nearly have the offense we have and our defenses are comparable, just look at the season stats, but I do understand that you guys must be on cloud nine.

It's very difficult in this league to get HF advantage, but even more difficult to keep it.

I look forward to a great game and if anyone thinks 34-7 will be the outcome, they are greatly mistaken.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
terrytogo":19iudi11 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":19iudi11 said:
I'll admit it: I'm dangerously overconfident at this point. I didn't see a single thing from any of the eight teams that played this weekend that concerned me even a little bit. I've thought all year long that refs and injuries are the only two things that can really slow this team down. And I still think it. These Hawks are on another level right now. We're not used to this in Seattle, and it's pretty damn cool.

How did the Cardinals go into Clink and beat you guys while committing 4 turnovers?

I know that the seahawks were trying to win the game because HF advantage could've been earned, and they could've rested two weeks instead of one.

The cardinals don't nearly have the offense we have and our defenses are comparable, just look at the season stats, but I do understand that you guys must be on butt nine.

It's very difficult in this league to get HF advantage, but even more difficult to keep it.

I look forward to a great game and if anyone thinks 34-7 will be the outcome, they are greatly mistaken.

I look forward to a blowout so we can hurry up and get to the Super Bowl.

AgentDib

Reaction score
terrytogo":1b10nmp0 said:
With really good defense, stacking the box with a LB spy on Wilson and single man coverage on our receivers. I'm sure you respect the Cardinal's defense given that they almost took your playoff spot with it despite playing in the NFC West, and are currently #6 in the Sagarin rankings.

Given our earlier matchup the burden of proof is still on the Saints to show that they can execute that defensive game plan. Will you risk man coverage on the outsides when we had so much offensive success through the air in our previous contest?

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
terrytogo":610z3q29 said:
VivaEfrenHerrera":610z3q29 said:

The cardinals don't nearly have the offense we have and our defenses are comparable, just look at the season stats, but I do understand that you guys must be on cloud nine.

Some good points, but you're sadly mistaken if you think the Saint's defense is comparable to the Cardinals. The Saint's don't have even 50% of the athletes and physicality of the Cards defense.

chiltech500

Reaction score
ZagHawk":3upcevvj said:
amill87":3upcevvj said:
Blitzer88":3upcevvj said:
I am definitely not overconfident after seeing the home teams go 1-3 this weekend.

One could also argue we are 1-1 in our last two home games, and 2-2 of our last four games. Defense has looked awesome, but we could use some work in offense. Either way should be a good game. It will be interesting to see how we defend Graham with KJ out.

I will be flamed - but this is a very good point.

I saw a creative offense when I looked at San Diego. Even Cincinatti was trying to be creative. Have you watched our last 4 games, really?

Sorry but I see our offensive play calling and I want to puke! Yes I think we will win but I would like to see solid offensive play, take some chances and run up the points. Show folks on national TV how good we are.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Out of the three home teams, Indy was the only one that really impressed me.

Green Bay: Their defense sucks, and for the third straight time let the douche bag have his way with them.
Cincinnati: Choke artists
Philly: Paper tiger defense

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":1insjhz8 said:
Out of the three home teams, Indy was the only one that really impressed me.

Green Bay: Their defense sucks, and for the third straight time let the douche bag have his way with them.
Cincinnati: Choke artists
Philly: Paper tiger defense

Not to take anything away from the Colts, cause that was an epic comeback. But IMO that comeback was 80% the Chiefs dropping like flies left and right. I don't think I've ever seen a game with more players getting hurt.

If Charles and a bunch of guys on their defense don't get hurt, that comeback never happens.

2_0_6

Reaction score
Well its not like Luck hasn't come back from a deficit before. The thing that impressed me the most is that they never gave up. They kept grinding and grinding, and waited until' Andy Reid had his poor clock management breakdown like he always does.

terrytogo

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":2gd6ms7s said:
Cardinals Defense > Saints Weee-fense

They gave up more yards and points per game, and had an easier schedule. We had the second toughest schedule in the entire league, and the Cardinals' schedule wasn't even in the top 5.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
terrytogo":3w4p7f5s said:
Hawk_Nation":3w4p7f5s said:

They gave up more yards and points per game, and had an easier schedule. We had the second toughest schedule in the entire league, and the Cardinals' schedule wasn't even in the top 5.

Listen homey, we're not saying the Cards are a better team (although a lot could argue they were by the end of the year). But you're insane if you think your defenses match up.

Next to the Hawks, Niners and Carolina the Cards have just as physically punishing of a defense. They're weaker in the secondary, but their front seven is nasty.

Overall the Saints are a better team, but that's ALL on the offensive side of the ball.

AgentDib

Reaction score
terrytogo":223hvaxq said:
We had the second toughest schedule in the entire league, and the Cardinals' schedule wasn't even in the top 5.
... based on paper theory using division agnostic SoS. In reality, you guys just lost to the 4th place team in the NFC West who also has a better defense than you do.

2_0_6

Reaction score
terrytogo":2yaiduic said:
Hawk_Nation":2yaiduic said:

So what happened when you went to STL? Brees went 39/56 393 yards and 1 td but yet your defense still found a way to lose.

Largent80

Reaction score
terrytogo":26z388sn said:
Hawk_Nation":26z388sn said:

Cards were #1 against the rush this year, the Saints are not close to that, and your secondary is down to nothing. I would be concerned if I were you.

The Cards had to play all the NFC west teams twice, and this is the toughest div. in the nfl this year.

AgentDib

Reaction score
For comparison purposes, here are the winning percentages of the four NFC divisions outside of their own division.

NFC North: 42%
NFC West: 75%
NFC South: 47%
NFC East: 40%

One of these things is not like the others...

2_0_6

Reaction score
AgentDib":2dr3rrns said:
For comparison purposes, here are the winning percentages of the four NFC divisions outside of their own division.

NFC North: 42%
NFC West: 75%
NFC South: 47%
NFC East: 40%

One of these things is not like the others...

He at least they aren't last!!
:les: