(OPINION) Wilson won't sign an extension this year unless

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Teddy Bruschi. Ty Law. Viniteiri. Seymour. Maybe McCourty. Possibly Welker.

Pretty easy when the qb bucks the trend

Qbs are getting that money because thats the market. Seahawks arent setting a new precedent.

Id say the Patriots have had some exceptional players in Bradys time there. How many HoFers were with Wilson? Thomas, Sherman, Lynch? All maybes

Folly to believe hes done it with cheap scrubs

quadsas

Reaction score
Uncle Si":399y6kn8 said:

Qbs are getting that money because thats the market. Seahawks arent setting a new precedent.

Id say the Patriots have had some exceptional players in Bradys time there. How many HoFers were with Wilson? Thomas, Sherman, Lynch? All maybes

Thomas, Sherman and Lynch 'maybe' for HoF lmao. All 3 of them are 100% going in. Let's also ignore the lock HoFer Wagner but whatever. What a silly argument

Uncle Si

Reaction score
quadsas":1x7u0olu said:
Uncle Si":1x7u0olu said:

Thomas, Sherman and Lynch 'maybe' for HoF lmao. All 3 of them are 100% going in. Let's also ignore the lock HoFer Wagner but whatever. What a silly argument

You missed the point

(Lol)

The point was that Bradys contract has allowed the Patriots to build great rosters and ensure their long term success.

Tical21

Reaction score
I think you're kind of making the case for not paying a quarterback an exorbitant amount.

The trend seems to be that the teams paying this market rate aren't making the playoffs.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Tical21":fpwjlkdq said:
I think you're kind of making the case for not paying a quarterback an exorbitant amount.

The trend seems to be that the teams paying this market rate aren't making the playoffs.

Oh.. if the trend wasn't already set, i'd certainly be in agreement win Vin. ( i said as much).

The issue is that you need a top QB to win consistently to go with the good team. Brady is the only one who has allowed for both with his contract. Balance is almost impossible.

You can try and recapture 2012-2016 with the Seahawks. but that was lightning in a bottle, still only led to one title, and you have to reset the process as soon as the QB is ready for the big contract.

That's a big risk.

Tical21

Reaction score
Uncle Si":9ddu6umb said:
Tical21":9ddu6umb said:

Oh.. if the trend wasn't already set, i'd certainly be in agreement win Vin. ( i said as much).

The issue is that you need a top QB to win consistently to go with the good team. Brady is the only one who has allowed for both with his contract. Balance is almost impossible.

You can try and recapture 2012-2016 with the Seahawks. but that was lightning in a bottle, still only led to one title, and you have to reset the process as soon as the QB is ready for the big contract.

That's a big risk.
Yeah, they're both a big risk, I'm just starting to think paying that much is the bigger risk. Russ in his second year, Eli twice, Flacco, Foles. I'm not sure a top qb is as big of a necessity as a top roster is.

Jimjones0384

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":32fbh9i2 said:
It's at least 45 plus million a year. The market for him after this season will be much higher than it is now he will not sign an extension unless he gets a massive contract the man is going to maximize his earnings. He's still young at the top of his game and ambitious I think he's going to leave Seattle in a year or two for a bigger market team like a NY. Is it even in Seattle's best interest to sign him to that kind of contract, i'm ready for change if it happens. This is all speculation on my part but one thing is clear Wilson wants to be paid and it's not in his interest to sign a deal this season only to see his contract get dwarfed in a few months. He will wait now and let this play out until he can negotiate with other teams this gives him higher earning potential and more options.

Aaron Rodgers is the highest paid player, I think at around 32 million a year. Why then would that number jump over 10 million in one year? It's just not how it typically works in the NFL. I understand how the franchise tag works, and the number jumps to over 40 then 50, but that is only a tactic when another team is willing to pay someone over 45 a year, fully guaranteed. Fortunately, we aren't to that point yet, and wont be until the cap gets raised to the point that 45 to 50 million is about 15 to 20 percent of the cap.

D

DomeHawk

Northwest Seahawk":2j3jstp2 said:
It's at least 45 plus million a year. The market for him after this season will be much higher than it is now he will not sign an extension unless he gets a massive contract the man is going to maximize his earnings. He's still young at the top of his game and ambitious I think he's going to leave Seattle in a year or two for a bigger market team like a NY. Is it even in Seattle's best interest to sign him to that kind of contract, i'm ready for change if it happens. This is all speculation on my part but one thing is clear Wilson wants to be paid and it's not in his interest to sign a deal this season only to see his contract get dwarfed in a few months. He will wait now and let this play out until he can negotiate with other teams this gives him higher earning potential and more options.

If he is demanding (not asking) that much money then you can be assured that he wants a change BUT if he asking (not demanding) that kind of money it is merely a negotiating tactic.

We shall see.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
vin.couve12
Kudos for trying! :irishdrinkers: :2thumbs:

Fade

Reaction score
Uncle Si":28kat73p said:

Tom Brady's cap number in 2019: $27M
Russell Wilson's cap number in 2019: $25.287M

Yeah, Brady takes so much less. Bunch of cheaters.!

Maulbert

Reaction score
Northwest Seahawk":3k9doj0i said:

Feeling stupid yet?

GeekHawk

Reaction score
The 25% or so of this board who will never recognize that RW is the *WINNINGEST QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE WHOLE NFL* through his first seven years and therefore think he can be replaced by just about anyone (as long as they're tall) will never have enough self-awareness to feel stupid, even after laying it all out for everyone to see on this thread.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. Blatant refusal to admit they were wrong. And some will likely hope he plays bad so they can somehow feel better :roll:
We all are wrong at times, big deal. Man up and support your team and your QB.

scutterhawk

Reaction score
GeekHawk":3s53hili said:
The 25% or so of this board who will never recognize that RW is the *WINNINGEST QB IN THE HISTORY OF THE WHOLE NFL* through his first seven years and therefore think he can be replaced by just about anyone (as long as they're tall) will never have enough self-awareness to feel stupid, even after laying it all out for everyone to see on this thread.
Here Here!! :229031_cheers:

vin.couve12

Reaction score
IndyHawk":2nesmnx9 said:
vin.couve12
Trying what?

We're now the packers UNLESS Schneider hits on another once in a lifetime draft. On top of that, the ones celebrating this are the ones crying about Earl. It's an ironic vision of the future even though I don't give an ish about overrated Earl.

At any rate, this contract isn't proof of success. A superbowl ring is...and John Schneider just put a HUGE target on his back if there is no ring in the next 5 years. I watched the Blazers make the playoffs for 22 straight years and come up short. That's likely what's in the cards for the Hawks for the next 5, again, unless John and Pete can pull it off again with less resources.

chris98251

Reaction score
vin.couve12":uhpteuya said:
IndyHawk":uhpteuya said:
vin.couve12
Trying what?

We're now the packers UNLESS Schneider hits on another once in a lifetime draft. On top of that, the ones celebrating this are the ones crying about Earl. It's an ironic vision of the future even though I don't give an ish about overrated Earl.

At any rate, this contract isn't proof of success. A superbowl ring is...and John Schneider just put a HUGE target on his back if there is no ring in the next 5 years. I watched the Blazers make the playoffs for 22 straight years and come up short. That's likely what's in the cards for the Hawks for the next 5, again, unless John and Pete can pull it off again with less resources.

Cap continues to go up, resources will be there, Russell will look like a steal in a year. It's not your money so....

vin.couve12

Reaction score
chris98251":3dr8gn29 said:
vin.couve12":3dr8gn29 said:
IndyHawk":3dr8gn29 said:
vin.couve12
Trying what?

Cap continues to go up, resources will be there, Russell will look like a steal in a year. It's not your money so....
Lol what the hell is that? Course it's not my money. Were the resources there for the packers when they paid him the highest and the cap continued to go up? This is circular nonsense. You're happy you got your player. Great! If there is no superbowl ring, the scenario is a complete failure that went away from the model that actually worked for them. Time will tell. JS and PC have 5 years to prove it.

Seymour

Reaction score
vin.couve12":2vdx902c said:
Lol what the hell is that? Course it's not my money. Were the resources there for the packers when they paid him the highest and the cap continued to go up? This is circular nonsense. You're happy you got your player. Great! If there is no superbowl ring, the scenario is a complete failure that went away from the model that actually worked for them. Time will tell. JS and PC have 5 years to prove it.

What a load of crap that is!!

Between 2010 and 2012 we drafted 7 pro bowl caliber players!!
Wilson, Wagner, Chancellor, Baldwin, Thomas, Okung, Sherman (then picked up 2 more in FA Avril, Bennett).

That is the winning formula, saving money on 7 huge picks all across the roster!! Putting all this in Wilson's basket to keep that going with any less stellar drafts then 7 top picks is completely ridiculous!! :177692:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
vin.couve12":21h0gvdl said:
If there is no superbowl ring, the scenario is a complete failure

Is that going to be your criteria for whether or not Pete and John are successful in the future? Easy bet to make - that one of 32 NFL teams won't make the Super Bowl. :roll: Really setting yourself up for the ultimate toldyaso, aren't you.

Latest posts