one thing i hate about super bowl parties

Rainger

Reaction score
Crizilla":2lxlnyxb said:
Is its hard to really sit down and focus on the game. Drinking, food, and all the people seem to take away from the game. The only reason I'm going is because of lots of family members will be there and stuff. I want to dissect every play when its happening. At least the halftime show is a great time to get away from the tv

I'm thinking about staying in the basement like that broncos fan in the bud light commercial haha. Jk
Staying home alone watching the game by myself. Hawks gear all around surround sound up loud sitting 6 feet from my 60" TV :D

Tical21

Reaction score
My wife wants to go to a party really badly to be around other 12's. I despise Super Bowl parties. If you're lucky enough to get a seat, it is gone the second you stand up to go to the bathroom. You can't hear anything on the tv over all of the talking about the last set of commercials, you've got people walking in front of the tv all game long. Now I've got a 1 year old son, and I'm sure my wife will be chatting and I will be chasing him around all game. I'm thinking of just taking him to the zoo during the game, and then coming home after the game to watch it by myself on the DVR.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
I'm literally going to be a wreck tomorrow. I'm not going to enjoy watching this game.

muxpux

Reaction score
My predicament. Gf wants to watch alone with her 2 kids (2 and 5), bunch of friends want to go to the bar. I want a small house gathering. Maybe 15 people tops. Low key. I want people around but I wanna hear the game and be able to pay attention

-The Glove-

Reaction score
Its a moment I'll look back on and be thankful I got to share it with my close friends and family. Nothing like watching football with food, booze, and high-fives all around

baumer64

Reaction score
I usually attend a party with my fantasy league friends but not tomorrow. During that party in 06, there were kids and i hated having to keep my thoughts and words quiet. That made a frustrating game much more frustrating. Tomorrow, I'm either going to be in my basement watching by myself (wife and kids upstairs) or I'll be at a buddies with just him and me screaming.

GO HAWKS!!!

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
The Superb Owl is the championship game of professional football, not an excuse to party. If you're a true football fan to the core, Superb Owl parties suck.

Largent80

Reaction score
I just bought a new 60" tv and my wife and I will be parked in front of it with just my parents there. Food will be cooked before the game.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
No large parties here either, no way. I need to be able to focus on the game.

It's just going to be me and a golfing partner and his son 14, my son also 14 and daughter 18.

What really kinda sucks right now is I am laid up (broken ankle) and won't be able to pace. Oh man, if this game is close, this is going to be agony.

I want/NEED a BLOW OUT!

James in PA

Reaction score
I will be watching with just my closest relatives. When the Hawks made it 8 years ago, I wanted to watch it in seclusion. No distractions. Just the wife and I. Well, that didn't work out too well, so I'm letting more people in to my world this time. Plus I've always said after that last one that if the Hawks ever make it back, I'm going to try to enjoy the overall experience more this time. And that's exactly what I'm doing. Sure there will be some minor distractions, but maybe having more relatives around will help calm me down.

seahawk 17

Reaction score
Do huge parties every year, not in 05, and not tomorrow either. Just my wife and my sister. Will do all of the cooking tonight first thing tomorrow. Both of them know to leave me alone during the game.

Win or lose, I am having an after party, so all the guys can still come over and celebrate or watch me cry.

keatonisballin

Reaction score
No clue how you guys can sit at home alone and watch a Seahawks game, especially this one lol. A couple friends are trying to talk me into going into Seattle for the game. Not gonna do that but will be having a party at my place. I've gone out to the bar for 3 or 4 games this season. Always a blast but everywhere will be a madhouse and 10 dollar beer night is just crazy.

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
keatonisballin":j9tmgh8t said:
No clue how you guys can sit at home alone and watch a Seahawks game, especially this one lol. A couple friends are trying to talk me into going into Seattle for the game. Not gonna do that but will be having a party at my place. I've gone out to the bar for 3 or 4 games this season. Always a blast but everywhere will be a madhouse and 10 dollar beer night is just crazy.

Maybe they are all :les:

seahawk2k

Reaction score
Every year I throw a huge Super Bowl party, except this year. I only watch Seahawks games with a few trusted people and the wife. I watched XL with a bunch of people I hardly knew and it ended up being a miserable experience.

I don't like getting asked stupid questions when I'm watching a Seahawks game. I'll watch football with people and be helpful, but not when its the Seahawks.

Raptor12

Reaction score
I'll be hosting a "small gathering" of rabid 12's.
No kids. No bandwagoner's. No distractions.
I'm all about that boss