One point that works in DQ's favor

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
At some point, it's time to move FORWARD. Something DIFFERENT, imo.

We don't need to have Quinn here. Regular season records are cute and all, but they just got blasted in the playoffs, AGAIN.

Last edited:

Chawker

Reaction score
I would think that the best way to build a team is to start with a defensive minded HC. To get the defense up and running so to speak. With a true great OC the team will be hard to beat, but the defense comes first. Once we can stop them, then you can stand on the gas.

You need to have a broad mind and a deep play book with a OC. Having a great HC isn't enough in today NFL, the OC needs the ability to throw any defense off there hinges at any point in the game, great mixing of both run and pass.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
At some point, it's time to move FORWARD. Something DIFFERENT, imo.

We don't need to have Quinn here. Regular season records are cute and all, but they just got blasted in the playoffs, AGAIN.
I don't think Quinn is the best candidate, but how new can it get with a 14 year tenure GM being retained?

A wholly clean break just isn't possible with JS running the show. It'll always have some of that DNA.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Aaron Glenn is a name not thrown around, but listen to him, a lot to like. I don’t see Vrabal or Quinn, just don’t see it. Glenn is not a finished product but his core might align with Schneider and Jody.
He's not getting a lot of love in Detroit and based on how his secondary is holding up I'm not surprised.

SeaWolv

Reaction score
I don't think Quinn is the best candidate, but how new can it get with a 14 year tenure GM being retained?

A wholly clean break just isn't possible with JS running the show. It'll always have some of that DNA.
The problem is how much of the past 14 years worth of decisions were his and how many were Carroll's? Does he really have 14 years doing this?? We may actually be getting a new GM after all.

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The problem is how much of the past 14 years worth of decisions were his and how many were Carroll's? Does he really have 14 years doing this?? We may actually be getting a new GM after all.
He had enough latitude to feel good turning down a million offers of huge control elsewhere. They were definitely a partnership and John was nothing like a lackey.

His decisions will certainly be altered going forward collaborating with a new coach, but he was a real GM in most ways I'd say

SeaWolv

Reaction score
He had enough latitude to feel good turning down a million offers of huge control elsewhere. They were definitely a partnership and John was nothing like a lackey.

His decisions will certainly be altered going forward collaborating with a new coach, but he was a real GM in most ways I'd say
I'm not suggesting he was deferring every decision to Pete but it's different when you don't have to worry about appeasing anyone else.

Ozzy

Reaction score

But if he loves the ownership and the city and they promise him it will be his gig fully then I could see turning down offers from other organizations that are ran poorly.

nwHawk

Reaction score
He's not getting a lot of love in Detroit and based on how his secondary is holding up I'm not surprised.
Most DC are getting blasted these days. The league has tilted the playing field, next year who knows.

MyrtleHawk

Can I get a hoyyaaa
Reaction score
You posted it on a public Internet forum, you did the opposite of keeping it to yourself. ;)
I was wondering how long it would take someone to point out my mistake :ROFLMAO: I meant I'll keep the theory as to WHY I think MM is on top of John's list to myself. Thanks Roland ;)

SeaWolv

Reaction score
Most DC are getting blasted these days. The league has tilted the playing field, next year who knows.
Maybe so but probably not Schwartz, Wilks, Ulbrich or Macdonald. Glenn is not what I would call a top ten DC.

Ozzy

Reaction score
After today’s press conference I’ll be shocked if it’s Quinn.

LTH

Reaction score
Quinn was also Pete's line coach in 2009-2010 before going to Florida and coming back. So four years total.

How long does someone need to be a coordinator before he's officially a disciple? Same schemes, same principles, same philosophies.

Maybe Quinn would be good, but IMO Schneider wants to go in a different direction.
As he should...find the identity you want the team be and hire a coach off of that identity.

Clearly management is saying Pete is stale, so with that understanding why would you want to build off of something that you think doesn't work?...

I don't think we are being told the truth about how this thing went down there is a lot more that we don't know because after Schneiders PC it doesn't make since to me... they keep talking about keeping the same culture.... what culture, the one you just fired because it doesn't work?

LTH

OP
OP
Maelstrom787

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
NO Hairball. God, I can't wait til he gets the deal done with the Chargers.
He makes a hell of a lot of sense for Atlanta.

If he wants JJ McCarthy, Atlanta is the place to get him. Great stadium, pretty good ownership. Supporting cast wise, they have Bijan and Allgeier so the 1-2 punch at RB is already set. Drake London is a talented young wideout, and they have two very good tight ends in Pitts and Jonnu Smith. Good offensive line with two decent-to-very good tackles and a good center in Dalman.

If Harbaugh wants to go to Atlanta, he instantly has a fantastic 12 and 21 personnel to drop McCarthy into and a team that's built to run wild. Just needs another receiver, maybe a guard, and then can hammer the defense with resources.

I was originally on the Chargers fit for him, but Atlanta would be a genius fit the more I think about it.