Oluwatimi biggest steal in draft?

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
I like what they did overall in the draft. Not to be negative, but I don't really get the Hall pick? Seems to much like Mafe? I understand they are looking for high character guys, I just felt there were better options then Hall, I mean Branch, Ojulari, White, and Benton were sitting there? I'm ok with the Charbonnett pick, we now have the youngest/best 1-2 punch @ rb!
Nothing like Mafe, though. Much stronger and tougher pass rusher.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
If you haven't read/heard, John and his scouts had a 1st round grade on Derick Hall... one of 20 players they rated that high. So, from their knothole, they came away with 3 of the top 20 players in this draft. Not.Too.Shabby.

hoxrox

Reaction score
I read somewhere that they were interested in center Jake Andrews, but Patriots picked him in the 4th round.

Mad Dog

Reaction score
Don't get me wrong, I don't wish bad on the dude, At the end of the day I'm a Hawks fan, there were just other guys I felt made our team better. Hopefully Hall can at t least become a strong rotational DE.

No hopefully Hall can become an all pro stud DE. Why hope for good when its fine to hope for great?

Besides, none of the players you preferred have any better inside track to greatness than Hall. They are all piles of clay at this point and frankly none of us fans know anything about scouting players. We think we can make educated guesses based on some measurables and watching some college games, but that's like baking a cake with only have the ingredients. Fans don't get interviews, medical information, or opinions from coaches.

So for now I'm going to hope every pick was a steal and pro bowls and all pros are all in sight for these players. Time will tell.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
The coaches were blown away by Oluwatimi in rookie camp. He may be our starting center. This OL may be vastly improved.

samwize77

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I love all the input :) I personally like the whole draft so it tough for me to pick just one.
HOWEVER, I'll submit we are missing something here, the true gem(s) are in the UDFA's. I understand this thread is about "the draft" but hell, we've had our share of Seahawk stars come out of UDFA ranks also. Can anyone say Baldwin?...Or Kearse?...those guys were true "steals".

BleuEyedHawk

Reaction score
i don't know it this is posted anywhere else, but here's an interview with Olu after the first day of OTA's by Seattle Sports:

bsuhawk

Reaction score
He is going to surprise you and make you smile!
Just curious. Would you have been okay selecting Hall at pick #20? From what I've read, had JSN not been on the board at #20 the pick would have been Derick Hall. My guess is there would have been all kinds of howling on .net had that happened.

Rainger

Reaction score
Just curious. Would you have been okay selecting Hall at pick #20? From what I've read, had JSN not been on the board at #20 the pick would have been Derick Hall. My guess is there would have been all kinds of howling on .net had that happened.
Hall is my adopt a rookie, so I am all in on him however I think number 20 had to be either a CB or a top WR.

I don't entertain speculation from writers about who would of or would not have been drafted at some particular place, because 99% of all writers and mock drafts are always 99% wrong.

So I don't think they would have taken him at 20 when they knew from their board they could get him later.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Hall is my adopt a rookie, so I am all in on him however I think number 20 had to be either a CB or a top WR.

I don't entertain speculation from writers about who would of or would not have been drafted at some particular place, because 99% of all writers and mock drafts are always 99% wrong.

So I don't think they would have taken him at 20 when they knew from their board they could get him later.
I don't have a link to the article (maybe someone else remembers where it was) but JS said that at pick #20 the only players on their board with first round grades were JSN and Derick Hall and that the choice was between those two. The Hawks chose JSN and were pleasantly surprised that Hall was still available at #37. The implication here is that if JSN had not been available at #20, the pick would have been Hall.

Rainger

Reaction score
I don't have a link to the article (maybe someone else remembers where it was) but JS said that at pick #20 the only players on their board with first round grades were JSN and Derick Hall and that the choice was between those two. The Hawks chose JSN and were pleasantly surprised that Hall was still available at #37. The implication here is that if JSN had not been available at #20, the pick would have been Hall.
Well if they thought that highly of him then yes I would be happy because I trust them on player evaluation over myself or all the others on .NET

FattyKnuckle

Reaction score
Ladies and Gentlemen, I love all the input :) I personally like the whole draft so it tough for me to pick just one.
HOWEVER, I'll submit we are missing something here, the true gem(s) are in the UDFA's. I understand this thread is about "the draft" but hell, we've had our share of Seahawk stars come out of UDFA ranks also. Can anyone say Baldwin?...Or Kearse?...those guys were true "steals".
They aren’t steals of the draft.

bsuhawk

Reaction score
Well if they thought that highly of him then yes I would be happy because I trust them on player evaluation over myself or all the others on .NET
Given that the Hawks have hundreds of hours invested in the draft and I have less than ten I also tend to trust the Hawks evaluations above my own. However, I have to admit that had the Hawks selected Hall at #20 I would have had a bit of a WTF moment.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Eugene Robinson was another one.

BASF

Reaction score
Exhibits 1A and 1B in my case against spending high draft picks on wide receivers.
Your 1B had career highs of 65 catches, 810 yards and 5 touchdowns, which is pretty damn pedestrian. Not really all that strong a 1B.