Oluwatimi biggest steal in draft?

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
IMO he can’t be seen as the steal of the draft rds 4-5 is about where he was expected to go, he had a lower graded value due to his physical testing I feel Oluatimi plays faster than his testing shows. Kenny McIntosh was the real steal of the draft he was thought of in rds 2-3 while being drafted in the 7th

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
To me, the steal of the draft is the player that best outperforms their draft position.

It could be a 3rd round pick that goes on to be selected as an All Pro multiple times. Or it could be a 6th or 7th rounder that earns significant playing time as a rookie and then goes on to have a real solid 10 years career. Or it even could be a player drafted in the Top 10 that goes on to win MVP of the league. All could be considered as the steal of the draft candidates.

Bobblehead

Reaction score
A lot of experts are saying Njigba is possibly the steal of the draft.. seems some think he's a generational talent and only fell due to his hammy issue lastyear.

chris98251

Reaction score
Stealing is the least of John and Pete's crimes, what they did to Denver is on a serial Killer level, they keep doing it over and over to them.

Hard to say which is the biggest steal, Hall, Oluwatimi, McIntosh, or Morris and Bradford even, JSN mostly because nobody was expecting it nor Witherspoon whom Detroit's whole draft was set up with and they scrambled the rest of the first day. I think the big surprise will be Reed however, may not be a star, but as far as under the Radar guy he could become a fan favorite.

We took guys at times that were unexpected, guys that were award winners and some best at their positions in their conference but ranked lower then others. Players that make plays, succeed despite small hands, a bit light, coming off injuries, not being in a big name conference, or had bad combine showing, but make a difference and others better on the field of play and are winners in their own right. Oh and almost to a man play with a chip on their shoulder for one reason or another.

Attyla the Hawk

Reaction score
There are plenty of candidates. If JSN reverts to 2011 form, he's the clubhouse leader. I liked the Bradford pick too, but in the interior not sure you're really able to be labeled a steal.

When I think steal, I'm thinking Chris Carson in the 7th round, Sherman in the 5th or Dre Greenlaw in the 5th kind of deal. Not sure I see that kind of impact from our day 3 guys. And don't expect ZC to be the next Chubb or Kamura as a day 2 bombshell.

Getting a good (even PB caliber) IOL in the 3rd through 5th isn't even abnormal. If either Bradford or Olu prove out to be that kind of player it's kind of 'meh, you and like half the PB roster'.

James in PA

Reaction score
This entire draft class is a steal. I cannot find a weak link. Not one. No fillers here. The biggest criticism they are getting is regarding one of the guys I' most excited about, Zach Charbonnet. We are gonna be relying heavily on this guy. Not a reach at all. Boy, did John and Pete get their mojo back after shipping off Mr. I'm Limited.

GemCity

Reaction score
This entire draft class is a steal. I cannot find a weak link. Not one. No fillers here. The biggest criticism they are getting is regarding one of the guys I' most excited about, Zach Charbonnet. We are gonna be relying heavily on this guy. Not a reach at all. Boy, did John and Pete get their mojo back after shipping off Mr. I'm Limited.
Agreed. I mainly see criticism on where Charbonnet was selected and not necessarily about the player himself due to us having K9.

They must not know how much PC likes to jam the ball down opponent’s throats.

12forlife

Reaction score
I like what they did overall in the draft. Not to be negative, but I don't really get the Hall pick? Seems to much like Mafe? I understand they are looking for high character guys, I just felt there were better options then Hall, I mean Branch, Ojulari, White, and Benton were sitting there? I'm ok with the Charbonnett pick, we now have the youngest/best 1-2 punch @ rb!

CactusJack

Reaction score
I like what they did overall in the draft. Not to be negative, but I don't really get the Hall pick? Seems to much like Mafe? I understand they are looking for high character guys, I just felt there were better options then Hall, I mean Branch, Ojulari, White, and Benton were sitting there? I'm ok with the Charbonnett pick, we now have the youngest/best 1-2 punch @ rb!
I thought Hall was a late 2nd/3rd rounder (value). He's the one guy, in this class, I viewed as a reach.

Charbonnet is a stud. He's a better all around player than Walker. Love the pick.

Bradford is all upside. Could be a starter down the line.

Cam Young is going to get significant snaps this year.

Morris will be a solid rotational piece.

Oluwatimi is your long-term starter.

McIntosh is your 3rd down back.

Last edited:

Lagartixa

Reaction score
There are plenty of candidates. If JSN reverts to 2011 form, he's the clubhouse leader. I liked the Bradford pick too, but in the interior not sure you're really able to be labeled a steal.

I'm sorry. I don't follow Pop Warner football. Just how good was Smith-Njigba at age nine?

OK, I know it was just a typo and @Attyla the Hawk meant 2021. Just screwin' around.

Bear-Hawk

Reaction score
IMO he can’t be seen as the steal of the draft rds 4-5 is about where he was expected to go, he had a lower graded value due to his physical testing I feel Oluatimi plays faster than his testing shows. Kenny McIntosh was the real steal of the draft he was thought of in rds 2-3 while being drafted in the 7th
It is just a guess at this point, but Kayshon Boutte might be the steal of the draft. Like Carter, he has tons of talent but had physical issues last year, off the field scandal, and a bad performance at the combine.

If Oluatimi plays well in training camp, he might make the 53-man roster and even see some playing time. This is the weakest position on the time at this time.

Lagartixa

Reaction score
To me, the steal of the draft is the player that best outperforms their draft position.

It could be a 3rd round pick that goes on to be selected as an All Pro multiple times. Or it could be a 6th or 7th rounder that earns significant playing time as a rookie and then goes on to have a real solid 10 years career. Or it even could be a player drafted in the Top 10 that goes on to win MVP of the league. All could be considered as the steal of the draft candidates.

I don't think a third-round pick has to be an All-Pro multiple times to be a "steal. "

Within Pete Carroll's system, Russell Wilson was a top-ten NFL QB several times and a top-three NFL QB once, and he "only" has one second-team All-Pro selection. But he was clearly a "steal" in the third round of the draft, and still would be even if he hadn't gotten that one second-team All-Pro selection.

A good (at least within the system!) starting NFL QB for ten years, with nine selections for the Pro Bowl, from overall pick number 75 is a steal.

Last edited:

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
I don't think a third-round pick has to be an All-Pro multiple times to be a "steal. "

Within Pete Carroll's system, Russell Wilson was a top-ten NFL QB several times and a top-three NFL QB once, but he "only" has one second-team All-Pro selection. But he was clearly a "steal" in the third round of the draft, and still would be even if he hadn't gotten that one second-team All-Pro selection.

A good (at least within the system!) starting NFL QB for ten years, with nine selections for the Pro Bowl, from overall pick number 75 is a steal.
I was speaking in generalities... if that wasn't obvious.

Last edited:

warden

Reaction score
The fifth round picks are going to be what makes this draft really special

Rainger

Reaction score
Hey don't go after Hall!! I adopted him as my rookie. Take that back. Don't you be calling out my boy!

12forlife

Reaction score
Hey don't go after Hall!! I adopted him as my rookie. Take that back. Don't you be calling out my boy!
Don't get me wrong, I don't wish bad on the dude, At the end of the day I'm a Hawks fan, there were just other guys I felt made our team better. Hopefully Hall can at t least become a strong rotational DE.