Ohtani $700M deal with Dodgers

NoGain

Reaction score
The Mariners barely missed out on him to the Dodgers. Damn.

AK49Hawk

Reaction score
Well, what is $700,000,000 worth after taxes in California anyway? Something like $330,000,000 is what I figure after Federal and State taxes…

Mizak

Reaction score
Well, what is $700,000,000 worth after taxes in California anyway? Something like $330,000,000 is what I figure after Federal and State taxes…
Not when you have a following in Japan and the amount of seats that will sell out for the Dodgers and the endorsements he will get. That’s a big making-bank-move the Dodgers just pulled.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
Your Owner is cheap as phucc. Like Mariners GM and owner.
Oh, I know. But I knew Ohtani wasn't gonna stay with the Angels, I was just really hoping he wouldn't go to the Dodgers. I would have loved to see him in Toronto playing alongside Vlad. But instead he had to go to the team with the cockiest fan base.

Chapow

Reaction score
Not when you have a following in Japan and the amount of seats that will sell out for the Dodgers and the endorsements he will get. That’s a big making-bank-move the Dodgers just pulled.

The Dodgers already led MLB in average attendance, and by a pretty large margin.

QWERTY

Reaction score
Dodgers need pitching badly.

You still have Kershaw, who is terrible in playoffs pitching.

And Lance Lynn.

sutz

Reaction score
Better the Dodgers than the Astros or some other AL team. ;)

OP
OP
Crizilla

Crizilla

Reaction score
He likes the Anaheim/LA area and weather. Wanted to just start making the playoffs every year. No shock to me. I mean, don't we all want to see him in the playoffs.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
He likes the Anaheim/LA area and weather. Wanted to just start making the playoffs every year. No shock to me. I mean, don't we all want to see him in the playoffs.
If it's not the M's or Cubs in.. I don't care so no.

12AngryHawks

Reaction score
To want him to win a world series is to want the Dodgers to win a world series...I just can't do it.

Weadoption

Reaction score
Dodgers are very proud proud of their 2020 Covid Series win that nobody remembers.
They like to spend money, but don’t ever win.

CactusJack

Reaction score
Your Owner is cheap as phucc. Like Mariners GM and owner.
I'm sure Dipoto would love to have Ohtani.

The problem is ownership is too worried about not making a profit (Root Sports).

Flyingsquad23

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that Ohtani deferred a large chunk of the money so the dodgers can keep acquiring players…
The mariners are feeling like Oakland level trash organization status.

Chapow

Reaction score
Just heard on the radio that Ohtani deferred a large chunk of the money so the dodgers can keep acquiring players…
The mariners are feeling like Oakland level trash organization status.

We could only dream of being Oakland A's level status. Yeah, they've had some bad seasons recently, and pretty much gutted that team over the past 2 years, but they've also been to the playoffs 6 out of the past 12 seasons. Mariners, on the other hand, have been to the playoffs once in the past 20+ seasons and have spent this offseason doing nothing but gutting an already not good enough offense instead of improving it.

Hawker

Reaction score
Well damn. Julio's contract (12 year, 207M / roughly 12M annually plus incentives) looks freaking awesome now. What a steal.

Ohtani's $70M/year is more than the A's and Orioles entire payroll in 2023. Yikes.