Oh yeah... we have Stephen Williams!

Hawken-Dazs

Reaction score
Remember that guy we signed a few months back? That guy from the Cardinals? That wide receiver whom Larry Fitzgerald saw as his future replacement? That 6'5 208 lb guy? That guy whom Schneider was happy to acquire?

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately of people wanting that BIG man in our WR corps. I, personally, can't wait to see this guy compete out on the field this summer. I'm definitely rooting for him because I feel like he's got the potential to attract some attention with his height, hops, and hands.

There are short clips of his TD receptions in the interwebs, but here's a solid compilation of his college tape just to show some of his abilities.

If anyone has more info on dude, please share.

[youtube]ehMxI_i61xE[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/ehMxI_i61xE

[youtube]TjOGGpgMjk4[/youtube]
http://youtu.be/TjOGGpgMjk4

NYCoug

Reaction score
This is my boy right here! I'm thinking that he's being groomed to fill the Sidney Rice role. I expect that they'll draft another WR with a similar build, have em duke it out for the #5 WR spot in camp, let them develop on the roster this season with limited touches as the #5 and then NEXT SEASON go to Sidney with the ultimatum. You wanna be a part of the greatest dynasty of all-time? Restructure or it ain't happening.

I expect they'll do the same to Zach Miller. They'll draft a 3rd TE, groom him for a year with limited touches, and then give him the restructure ultimatum too with McCoy and said young guy ready to take over if he doesn't.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
NYCoug":27179j09 said:
They'll draft a 3rd TE, groom him for a year with limited touches, and then give him the restructure ultimatum too with McCoy and said young guy ready to take over if he doesn't.
Could that be Zach Ertz?

NYCoug

Reaction score
onanygivensunday":2t13uit4 said:
NYCoug":2t13uit4 said:
They'll draft a 3rd TE, groom him for a year with limited touches, and then give him the restructure ultimatum too with McCoy and said young guy ready to take over if he doesn't.
Could that be Zach Ertz?

If he's there at 56 I think it could be. Don't know if he'll last that long, I'm leaning towards no in my mind but what the hell do I know?! What I do know is that the Hawks have apparently been fans of Ertz for over a year now. I could see it happening.

ivotuk

Reaction score
That QB, Opelt made some nice throws. At 2:20 he just flicks the ball downfield about 35 yards.

pinksheets

Reaction score
It's going to be hard to make this roster as a WR. Barring any surprises Sid, Percy, Tate, and Dougie are all locks. That's 4 guys on a team that's often only kept 5 wideouts. What if the right guy is there at the right time in the draft as well? It'll be interesting to see how the bottom of that wide receiver chart settles. Love the idea of churning at the bottom trying to find a guy who can potentially replace Rice or Tate for the time cost becomes prohibitive.

NYCoug

Reaction score
pinksheets":3visytvu said:
It's going to be hard to make this roster as a WR. Barring any surprises Sid, Percy, Tate, and Dougie are all locks. That's 4 guys on a team that's often only kept 5 wideouts. What if the right guy is there at the right time in the draft as well? It'll be interesting to see how the bottom of that wide receiver chart settles. Love the idea of churning at the bottom trying to find a guy who can potentially replace Rice or Tate for the time cost becomes prohibitive.

I think if the right guy is there, they'll go for him. Now, they have the flexibility to pretty much draft whoever they damn well please which is truly amazing. I think Stephen Williams, Phil Bates, Jermaine Kearse, maybe an FA like Braylon last year and the rookie draftee will duke it out for the 5th and final spot with a few of the dudes that don't make it hitting the practice squad. ComPete!

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
pinksheets":3hggpm15 said:

True, but I think we're trying to turn into a team that's much more than a run-first team, one that can smash it down your throat but also just flat outpace you down the field. It wouldn't surprise me to see us keep an extra WR than normal on the team this year, especially now that we have a quarterback who can get them the ball.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":1flz6is4 said:
pinksheets":1flz6is4 said:

True, but I think we're trying to turn into a team that's much more than a run-first team, one that can smash it down your throat but also just flat outpace you down the field. It wouldn't surprise me to see us keep an extra WR than normal on the team this year, especially now that we have a quarterback who can get them the ball.

Good thinking. This way you can keep BOTH your "future Rice" and "future Tate" on the roster and develop them in live game action. That would be something. Maybe the Tate-like WR can also play RB as well? That way you fill the 3rd RB spot and 5th/6th WR spot with one guy? A Kerwynn Williams (Utah State) kind of guy, or someone like him? The possibilities are endless now! I love it!

jake206

Reaction score
I hope his legs have become more sturdier than the video, cuz he looks like Manningham from waist down. Looks like he would snap in half if he took a hit.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
That's a squat, looked like he went 1/8 of the way down, I sure hope Seattle trainers don't let us pull half ass squats like that.

I do agree that a big WR is a need as the #5 WR in case Rice gets hurt. Make a 5 way battle for one roster spot this year. when Tate walks in FA next year we will have a guy who is ready for the X and spot opposite Rice. and a battle for #5 is open again.

Right now we have a spot for a #3 TE, I'd love to draft one early that can secure the #2 TE role and let McCoy battle to stay on the roster.

kearly

Reaction score
Hawken-Dazs":2nttjjl4 said:
Remember that guy we signed a few months back? That guy from the Cardinals? That wide receiver whom Larry Fitzgerald saw as his future replacement? That 6'5 208 lb guy? That guy whom Schneider was happy to acquire?

I've been seeing a lot of posts lately of people wanting that BIG man in our WR corps. I, personally, can't wait to see this guy compete out on the field this summer. I'm definitely rooting for him because I feel like he's got the potential to attract some attention with his height, hops, and hands.

You bring up an excellent point. We definitely forgot about this guy. Yeah, sure, maybe he's just roster fodder. But so was Danario Alexander this time last year. He was a 6'5" 200+ former NFC West cast off that landed in San Diego and caught fire down the stretch posting the kind of numbers in the second half of the year that Harvin had in the first half of the year.

I still think Seattle drafts at least one WR, maybe two if you count Denard Robinson as a WR.

pinksheets

Reaction score
kearly":165r7l5p said:
Hawken-Dazs":165r7l5p said:

You bring up an excellent point. We definitely forgot about this guy. Yeah, sure, maybe he's just roster fodder. But so was Danario Alexander this time last year. He was a 6'5" 200+ former NFC West cast off that landed in San Diego and caught fire down the stretch posting the kind of numbers in the second half of the year that Harvin had in the first half of the year.

I still think Seattle drafts at least one WR, maybe two if you count Denard Robinson as a WR.
If we get Denard, do you think it's possible we keep 3 RBs, 6 WRs, and Denard separately, just based on his versatility? Or use him as the COP back 3rd on the depth chart? I'm so so so behind drafting Denard, just trying to get an idea if he fits into a roster spot I already imagine will be made available or forces something different.

bmorepunk

Reaction score
Wenhawk":1hl1s1g0 said:
That's a squat, looked like he went 1/8 of the way down, I sure hope Seattle trainers don't let us pull half ass squats like that.

Somebody posted that video a few weeks ago of him and I was not impressed. If the Cardinals S&C coaches were involved in that then I seriously question what they're doing. A partial squat that high can be done with much higher weight than one done to parallel. I'd be surprised if he could squat 405 to parallel, which isn't a particularly impressive feat especially for his height and the fact that he's an elite athlete.

Basis4day

Reaction score
Seahawk Sailor":2posmvou said:
Bump. Hey, look at this. Looks like he's doing a lot better than many of us thought. They're listing him as a #2 on the depth chart, and I'm hearing good things about him most ever day.

http://www.seahawks.com/team/depth-chart.html

I wouldn't take too much stock in that. It has Harvin ahead of Baldwin despite the surgery.

Latest posts