Officiating is so bad, I quit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

el capitan

Reaction score
WestcoastSteve":1bq7tt9w said:
Cyrus12":1bq7tt9w said:
see you next week........

Lol best post in the thread. Everyone thinks the refs are out to get them, the refs helped us against Atlanta.

Yes the officiating was bad but you win some and you lose some.

Or maybe the point is that too many games are decided by bad calls, irrespective of whether those calls are for or against the Hawks.

Hollandhawk

Reaction score
Jville":1wa04jye said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/gbellseattle/status/792831114087837696[/tweet]

Wow, just wow, this is a major call out of the refs and NFL. He doesn't bluntly say it, but he's definitely saying it. The NFL has an agenda.

billcat479

Reaction score
I agree that the refs seem to be watching one team and not the other team. Same thing went on the whole Arizona game. If Seattle made a penalty and got called, that I can live with easy. When the other team makes a penalty and nothing is done about it is where I have serious issues with. It's hard enough to win as it is but when the refs take a active role in the outcome of any game then it's not much of a sport and certally it's not a fair game. The damm refs need to start throwing flags at each other because they are obviously part of that team and they have too many players on the field.
No one can win against the refs. when they choose to become active players.

I'm totally burned out on football and am not going to watch it anymore, I prefer to enjoy a game but that little luxury has been taken away from Seattle fans. I just hope they make a issue about it on Monday press conf. about that horrible game. Brings me back to that good old superbowl when it was anything but super because the refs screwed that game as well.

THERE HAS TO BE A WAY TO MAKE THE REFS ACCOUNTABLE FOR THEIR ACTIONS!!!!!!

Largent80

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":1o2d0bj4 said:
Willyeye":1o2d0bj4 said:
I've been a HUGE football fan for over 50 years, and a Hawks fan for over 20 years. I just can't take it anymore. For 3 seasons now, the Seahawks get screwed on calls all game long, and the refs just let every violation by the opposition slide. Today was a blatant exhibition of officiating bias against the Hawks. Every time the Hawks made a good play, it gets called back. Every time the Saints are up against 3rd down and they fail, the refs throw flags against the Hawks. It's pretty easy to succeed on 3rd down when you get two shots at it almost every time. Even when I watch games that I don't care about this year, the refs make it unbearable. They choose a team that they "help" to lose the game or they throw so many flags that I just can't watch anymore. It's become so ridiculously blatant that I just can't take it any longer. I am officially joining the 15% of football fans that stopped watching games this year. I'M DONE NFL...I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

So were you just as outraged when Sherman grabbed Julio vs Atlanta and the Seahawks won on a blown call?

You didn't even mention the illegal slap to the head that Jones laid on Sherman right as the ball was snapped. Weak assed argument.

Largent80

Reaction score
Jville":2hvxr6n0 said:
I think Pete Carroll nailed it. Their scouting and game plan for that group of officials was off this week. To me that was the difference in the game. It happens.

When it gets to the point that the coaching staff has to scout and gameplan for officials is the day I'm done. My foot is already outside the door, I'm just tired of wasting so much time, energy and more importantly my hard earned money and THIS is the end result.

Sea....11 penalties for 76 yards

N.O...2 for 10 yards,

And the AZ game was very similar.

morgulon1

Reaction score
You know what? I think I'm about done myself. I said something similar after XL yet came back , this time with all the national anthem bullshit and the horrible one sided officiating, I'm close to being a NCAA fan .

I'll always cheer for Seattle. I have since 1977 , but this is close to WWE and I have better things to do with my time.

Year of The Hawk

Reaction score
Yes the refs were worse than usual but so was our offense. Our D was showing fatigue from being on field to much.

hedgehawk

Reaction score
I haven't watched a single game this year other than the Hawks games. I will continue to do just that. NFL football is basically unwatchable nowadays. I really hope ratings continue to plummet and I will not be purchasing any NFL gear. I know it means nothing, but it's the only thing I can do to show my displeasure in the league and how it's run.

Osprey

Reaction score
As much as I'd like to chalk it up to anti-Hawk bias the semi-rational side of me says it's about ratings.

The League believes that keeping the game close leads to extended viewership and dollars. While truly competitive games will drive viewership, when the game is turned into a farce like today, it's devalues the entire brand.

I haven't missed a single play of Hawks football since 1987 and yet I find myself in the same boat as the OP: fed up and losing the desire to even watch. Sadly my addiction is too strong, but what I will do is refuse to spend a dime on NFL merchandise this year and won't watch any non-Hawk game in order to drive ratings down ever more. Hell, I'm even tempted to illegally stream the Hawks games just so they won't get viewing credit for that!

Coug_Hawk08

Reaction score
I see it in all games I watch. It upsets me less when hawks aren't involved, but it definitely still bothers me. Mainly knowing how much it is impacting outcomes. Just too many mistakes going on.

TaFeargOrm

Reaction score
I can't give up the Hawks but I won't watch any other games which will be the first time I've ever done that. Fix the NFL. I will be back next week just as passionate but I can't even stomach the NFL until then.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":1c088tn0 said:
Willyeye":1c088tn0 said:
I've been a HUGE football fan for over 50 years, and a Hawks fan for over 20 years. I just can't take it anymore. For 3 seasons now, the Seahawks get screwed on calls all game long, and the refs just let every violation by the opposition slide. Today was a blatant exhibition of officiating bias against the Hawks. Every time the Hawks made a good play, it gets called back. Every time the Saints are up against 3rd down and they fail, the refs throw flags against the Hawks. It's pretty easy to succeed on 3rd down when you get two shots at it almost every time. Even when I watch games that I don't care about this year, the refs make it unbearable. They choose a team that they "help" to lose the game or they throw so many flags that I just can't watch anymore. It's become so ridiculously blatant that I just can't take it any longer. I am officially joining the 15% of football fans that stopped watching games this year. I'M DONE NFL...I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY!

So were you just as outraged when Sherman grabbed Julio vs Atlanta and the Seahawks won on a blown call? Don't get too bent out of shape, you guys blasted Falcons fans here for crying about the refs a few weeks ago. Bad calls are being whistled in every game, but you've been on the good side of plenty of them.
And Julio got away with hands to the face on the same play so the no calls on that play evened out, like it or not.

Let me know next time your team gets jobbed all game with a series of bad calls that extended opponents drives (3 times) after stops on 3rd down and we will talk, or your team gets XL*'ed in a super bowl, until then.........

Oh and If you are here to troll your stay here will be short.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
I'm about done also..There are many different plays we can use to show what the hells wrong with todays NFL and they will do nothing about it.The WWFing and Pussification of the game is pushing some of us away too..I'll always be a Hawk fan but the NFL is pushing fans out in more ways than just one.

stizz19

Reaction score
TorontoHawk":3cu4h0p0 said:
SFVikeFan":3cu4h0p0 said:
Willyeye":3cu4h0p0 said:

So were you just as outraged when Sherman grabbed Julio vs Atlanta and the Seahawks won on a blown call? Don't get too bent out of shape, you guys blasted Falcons fans here for crying about the refs a few weeks ago. Bad calls are being whistled in every game, but you've been on the good side of plenty of them.

Got to agree, most on this board were blasting Falcon fans for doing the same thing that is going on today.

We're the penalties as one sided as 12-2 in that game?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

scutterhawk

Reaction score
SFVikeFan":2zxmc2fq said:
Willyeye":2zxmc2fq said:

So were you just as outraged when Sherman grabbed Julio vs Atlanta and the Seahawks won on a blown call? .
NOT at all, There were non calls against the Falcons for doing the same damned ' Non-Called" thing to Kearse earlier in the game, and in the play where the Sherman hold went uncalled?, Julio Jones ILLEGALLY slapped Shermans helmet at the LOS to gain a step on Sherman, so pound sand. :roll:

Northwest Seahawk

Reaction score
Goodell is ruining this league . Ratings will only get worse with this kind of Officiating , this blatant screw you Seattle bias is really glaring and has to be addressed by Pete and imo Ownership it's time for them to call out the Officials.

Status
Not open for further replies.