Official Road Trip (Now Official)

A

Anonymous

Tech Worlds":3q163ebc said:
The official road trip is the one to Green Bay that BestFightStory, MysterMatt, Seatown, nycoug, myself and others to be named are going on. All other trips that claim to be official are just riding on the coattails of our road trips of yesteryear that others wouldn't go on because the Seahawks weren't as successful. #onlyrealofficialroadtrip

So, the trip you have decided to take is the only "official" one because you have more wrinkled ticket stubs then, right Dom? All 5 of you? The five you see as most tenured, banned, and/or with the highest amount of perceived battle scars?

We love you around here, but you better put down grand-dads old cough medicine while you pilot that boat.

According to my official statistics, I'm counting about 25 of us meeting at the Dallas game, including the Godfather of .NET himself. You can draw all the separatist lines in the sand you'd like, it makes no difference. We choose to call our trip to Jerry's playground official, as it includes the highest number of current and active .NET users ticketed and travelling to that particular game.

:roll:

MysterMatt

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":35q7c9ky said:
Tech Worlds":35q7c9ky said:
The official road trip is the one to Green Bay that BestFightStory, MysterMatt, Seatown, nycoug, myself and others to be named are going on. All other trips that claim to be official are just riding on the coattails of our road trips of yesteryear that others wouldn't go on because the Seahawks weren't as successful. #onlyrealofficialroadtrip

So, the trip you have decided to take is the only "official" one because you have more wrinkled ticket stubs then, right Dom? All 5 of you? The five you see as most tenured, banned, and/or with the highest amount of perceived battle scars?

We love you around here, but you better put down grand-dads old cough medicine while you pilot that boat.

According to my official statistics, I'm counting about 25 of us meeting at the Dallas game, including the Godfather of .NET himself. You can draw all the separatist lines in the sand you'd like, it makes no difference. We choose to call our trip to Jerry's playground official, as it includes the highest number of current and active .NET users ticketed and travelling to that particular game.

Fair point. It's all about album sales, so to speak. The point is that our official was official before official was cool, which it no longer is. I love everybody here, but respectfully suggest the name of the Dallas trip be renamed to "Popular and Most- Convenient/Affordable Roadtrip 2015". Or not. What's important is that fans get together and tame wild rivers and party with legends! Both trips accomplish that, to one extent or another, so let's just be happy.

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
MysterMatt":1pfijxd7 said:
HoustonHawk82":1pfijxd7 said:
Tech Worlds":1pfijxd7 said:

Fair point. It's all about album sales, so to speak. The point is that our official was official before official was cool, which it no longer is. I love everybody here, but respectfully suggest the name of the Dallas trip be renamed to "Popular and Most- Convenient/Affordable Roadtrip 2015". Or not. What's important is that fans get together and tame wild rivers and party with legends! Both trips accomplish that, to one extent or another, so let's just be happy.
You are really good at this.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Good at what? I'm just trying to encourage happiness and unity in the face of personal tragedy. I didn't want to bring this up, but it turns out that I can only get 1st Class seating on the flight there. Coming home I have to sit in coach. COACH!!! Me! I considered canceling the whole thing.

DTexHawk

Reaction score
pmedic920":3l6i3pzx said:
peachesenregalia":3l6i3pzx said:
So for the official Dallass trip, are the dotnetters all gonna meet up for a photo op before the game? I'm just driving down and then back on the Sunday. I can probably get there about 2-ish for some meet-n-greets before the game starts.

For the few that may be in a hurry like you, I recommend that we pick a spot inside the stadium, just prior to kick off.
We could get our picture made as a group.
You aren't the only one I've heard say, that they will be only there for the game it's self, and it would be a shame to not have that photo.

My 2 :{)

Lon, the stadium has different gates for different levels and areas of the stadium, so it would be unlikely that once inside everyone could meet up unless all are sitting in the same area. Might want to do the group photo outside before or after the game.

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Before this thread really goes sideways with phalic-measuring contests, I think we all should rarely around the REAL issue here.

Aros needs a game ticket!!

:16:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
FlyHawksFly":2mt8rdie said:
Tech Worlds":2mt8rdie said:
MysterMatt":2mt8rdie said:
HoustonHawk82":2mt8rdie said:
Tech Worlds said:

You are really good at this.

Not really, you all come off as jilted lovers. We get it, you guys have gone to away games. So have literally thousands upon thousands of people since the dawn of the Hawks era. You aren't special, and neither are your trips, to anybody outside of your clique. The quicker you realize those and move along, the quicker the pointing and snickering will stop.
Your right! Thanks!

grizbob

Reaction score
If you guys want to make it official you should post your win loss record. I know I wouldn't want to accompany a jinx :lol:

Tech Worlds

Reaction score
grizbob":1rxw7bp9 said:
If you guys want to make it official you should post your win loss record. I know I wouldn't want to accompany a jinx [emoji38]
You are right. The Hawks weren't as good back in the day so we tended to watch road defeats each year. It was rough. But that's probably why our group was smaller than the official trip is now.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
But let's not get sidetracked by win/loss stuff, as that starts the bandwagon debate, which gets us nowhere. Phallus types of all genders are much more interesting, just like official road trips of all types are all worth celebrating, to one degree or another and things of that nature.

grizbob

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":cc0brtdo said:
grizbob":cc0brtdo said:
If you guys want to make it official you should post your win loss record. I know I wouldn't want to accompany a jinx [emoji38]
You are right. The Hawks weren't as good back in the day so we tended to watch road defeats each year. It was rough. But that's probably why our group was smaller than the official trip is now.

Or you didn't know many that could afford the trip and buy you drinks ;)

Subzero717

Reaction score
The real road trip is to Santa Clara this year and we will be playing someone from the AFC. I will be there.

MysterMatt

Reaction score
grizbob":168bmhns said:
Tech Worlds":168bmhns said:
grizbob":168bmhns said:
As I recall, we bought you drinks that time you made it up to Seattle and I'm pretty sure your last name isn't Buffett. Or someone did. I think I accidentally left without covering my share of the tab, much to my dismay. I take that sort of thing pretty seriously.

The point is that nobody around here ever makes money or lack of it a lever. Some years we can go, maybe others we can't. When the "old" crew started doing road trips it was a smaller affair, but it's grown over time and I'm sure the team's win/loss record has something to do with that. Maybe some of us are more connected to a certain group, but that's neither here or there to me. What I love about the road trip is the tradition, adventure, risk, and camaraderie. For me I get more value from the older official group. Others around here who may or may not have been a part of the earlier years have a different preference, which is fine, too. I look at it like comparing a trip I'd take with either Rick Steves on one hand or Anthony Bourdain on the other. Both are likeable in distinct ways, but maybe Bourdain is more to my taste. This larger group is more like Steves, with careful scripting and a detailed plan, and that's okay as well. Sometimes the divergent paths intersect, which makes me happy.

OP
OP
pmedic920

pmedic920

Reaction score
I take all blame.

My original post was a simple lobby to get the Dallas game named the "official" road trip.
Fact of the matter is, I really wasn't aware of any "official" trip and was really just stirring up interest. I know that official trips have been mentioned before but really kinda thought that was more in fun than truly official.
I chose Dallas because I knew I would be able to make it and didn't want to miss out on the official trip, if we had one.

I would have been fine if the majority had picked any other game.
I try to plan for Two trips a season. One home, one away.
With the cost of travel my away game will almost always be a game the I can drive to, if one is on the schedule.
I've been posting info from the Texas Seahawkers because they are great hosts and plan some fun stuff, and I wanted our members to be able to take advantage of any discounts.
I'd love to personally host a party for our group but the logistics just won't allow that. Besides there is no way that I could do anything close to what the Seahawkers have planned.

My original post was an effort to bring us together, not to drive a wedge between us.
It seems that I've failed miserably.

I assure all, that I never intended for anybody to be alienated by any of this.

:{(

MysterMatt

Reaction score
Dude! I've met you. You're a good guy who clearly wants fans to have a great time. It's true feelings can get ruffled, and it's good of you to acknowledge that, but it doesn't hurt to keep a little perspective. The truth is that no Road trip should be considered "official" unless I'm in attendance, or not, but there are no wedges as far as I'm concerned. I was just enjoying a bit o' lurching.

grizbob

Reaction score
MysterMatt":2a4ocpix said:
grizbob":2a4ocpix said:
Tech Worlds":2a4ocpix said:
grizbob":2a4ocpix said:
As I recall, we bought you drinks that time you made it up to Seattle and I'm pretty sure your last name isn't Buffett. Or someone did. I think I accidentally left without covering my share of the tab, much to my dismay. I take that sort of thing pretty seriously.

The point is that nobody around here ever makes money or lack of it a lever. Some years we can go, maybe others we can't. When the "old" crew started doing road trips it was a smaller affair, but it's grown over time and I'm sure the team's win/loss record has something to do with that. Maybe some of us are more connected to a certain group, but that's neither here or there to me. What I love about the road trip is the tradition, adventure, risk, and camaraderie. For me I get more value from the older official group. Others around here who may or may not have been a part of the earlier years have a different preference, which is fine, too. I look at it like comparing a trip I'd take with either Rick Steves on one hand or Anthony Bourdain on the other. Both are likeable in distinct ways, but maybe Bourdain is more to my taste. This larger group is more like Steves, with careful scripting and a detailed plan, and that's okay as well. Sometimes the divergent paths intersect, which makes me happy.

Yeah the alcohol flowed freely, was just trying to jerk Dom's chain a little. When you see Leif give him my best and have fun dammit :th2thumbs:

Jealousy is an ugly thing and this thread has me looking hideous :cry:

A

Anonymous

Aros":20io70ai said:
Before this thread really goes sideways with phalic-measuring contests, I think we all should rarely around the REAL issue here.

That's it, I see an opportunity, and I am going to take it...

Godfather, I have yet to pull the trigger on the actual ticket purchase, but go ahead and pack your bags, you're going to be rooting alongside HH and his #1 son in Dallas. My treat. 8)

We plan to caravan/co-travel from Hou to Dal with The Stache, in some form, but will probably take an additional vehicle with higher horsepower than is his broken-down, rusted-out, shit-box, H3. (I kid, I kid...) {)

You can fly into Hou (Bush) or Dal, you're choice. Either way, you'll have a place to sit down at halftime. Nick and I are trying to decide on a few stadium locations, including that which Lon has presented, but valid tickets will be procured within 36 hours from now.

:les:

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":1akmy5sw said:
Aros":1akmy5sw said:

Godfather, I have yet to pull the trigger on the actual ticket purchase, but go ahead and pack your bags, you're going to be rooting alongside HH and his #1 son in Dallas. My treat. 8)

We plan to caravan/co-travel from Hou to Dal with The Stache, in some form, but will probably take an additional vehicle with higher horsepower than is his broken-down, rusted-out, shit-box, H3. (I kid, I kid...) {)

You can fly into Hou (Bush) or Dal, you're choice. Either way, you'll have a place to sit down at halftime. Nick and I are trying to decide on a few stadium locations, including that which Lon has presented, but valid tickets will be procured within 36 hours from now.

Caravan....as in wagon train?? Are you leaving next week as it takes a while to get there??? :mrgreen: :twisted: :stirthepot:

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":y428s1ke said:
Aros":y428s1ke said:

DUDE! Thank you thank you, the gesture is humbling to say the least but please let me purchase the ticket! I already have my airfare and hotel paid...Extremely kind of you, I am just happy to sit next to a fellow NETTER and 12! Please let me buy the ticket from you!

As for hotel, I am staying at a hotel not too far from the stadium. I can't recall the town off hand but I think it is about a 10-15 minute taxi ride to the stadium...

You da man!!