Offensive play breakdown from the Browns game

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Great stuff. Way deeper than the announcers ever get on Sundays, and usually more correct because announcers only have 30 seconds to discuss a play. Citizen analysts like this guy, whether he set foot on a football field or not, has all week to dissect it and figure out what they were trying to do.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
I found this because I follow Danny Kelly and he retweeted it. Pretty cool stuff regarding some of the more memorial plays on Sunday and how they were designed.

Awesome - only got to watch 1/3 of this - but nice post!!!!! Watch the rest tonight....

edit: I especially like this because I've been slagging Waldron a bit on playcalling. Makes me rethink that a bit.

SonicHawk

Reaction score
This is a good video and breakdown that shows how much the playcalling is designed for specific routes and not necessarily a progression.

OP
OP
H

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
I still think it's fair to question some of the play-calling during a game. But a breakdown of the plays and how well designed they are shows that the "Waldron sucks" "our OC is trash" comments are completely off

BASF

Reaction score
Waldron's problem is not play design, it is going to the same play too many times at the same down's and distances. It's why so many routes have been jumped in the past sixteen games.