Offensive Line...

razor150

Reaction score
What planet do you have to be from to say the line played well today? It played like crap. All it can do is run block. Russel was running for hos life all day. Sweazy is exactly what is wrong with the entire line. All Cable seems to care about is if the lineman can run block and doesn't really seem to care if they can protect the QB.

Jville

Reaction score
razor150":2s04b57t said:
What planet do you have to be from to say the line played well today? It played like crap. All it can do is run block. Russel was running for hos life all day. Sweazy is exactly what is wrong with the entire line. All Cable seems to care about is if the lineman can run block and doesn't really seem to care if they can protect the QB.
So ...... you see Cable as the problem?

SeatownJay

Reaction score
pehawk":2ypr1ru9 said:
SeatownJay":2ypr1ru9 said:
The offensive line definitely played better this week than they did last week. I'm still going to say that Pete & John need to improve the depth.

Its the "depth" that played today.
I said they played better than last week, not that they played great.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
I know what you said. But the upside of injuries is you build depth.

I'm just a very positive, sunny fella though. So....that's how I CHOOSE to see it.

Evil_Shenanigans

Reaction score
IMO the Oline was actually solid today. Perhaps the playcalling to move Wilson outside at the first sign of pressure helped in this respect. He wasn't spending that much time dallying around in the pocket today and the stats show that he took a lot fewer hits this week than last because of it. Had our receivers been able to get separation Bevell might be called a genius right now. As it stands the torch and pitchfork brigade is assembling as I type this.

OP
OP
P

pehawk

Reaction score
Evil_Shenanigans":omm2tf42 said:
IMO the Oline was actually solid today. Perhaps the playcalling to move Wilson outside at the first sign of pressure helped in this respect. He wasn't spending that much time dallying around in the pocket today and the stats show that he took a lot fewer hits this week than last because of it. Had our receivers been able to get separation Bevell might be called a genius right now. As it stands the torch and pitchfork brigade is assembling as I type this.

Fair.

justafan

Reaction score
Its a passing leaague.If they cant become pass blockers I would bet JS and Pete will find players who can.

justafan

Reaction score
The Texansdid what they could to keep him in the pocket by ddesign.3-4 d the way they played it made it tough

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
pehawk":757no6mb said:
Amazing, all the "oline sucks and they can't draft them" guys are quiet.

Hmmm

Lets not get confused and act like this O line would have been the same as one with all the starters today.

That being said it wasn't really noticeable.

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
w00t":1qbouxxy said:
Sweezy cost us atleast 3 points at the end of the first half

What about the 7 points Russell cost us on the very next play over throwing a wide open touchdown????

The Dirty Truth

Reaction score
If I said it once I will say it 100 times. Sweezy is by far the best run blocking OL we have and will be the best OL period in the next year or two. The future OL for the Hawks will be Okung @ LT, they will draft a LG, Max @ C, Sweezy @ RG, and Bowie @ RT.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
pehawk":20we6ply said:
They played WELL today. Very well.

I'm glad I didn't listen to you guys, panic and light myself on fire.

Most O-lines will look better when JJ Watt is no longer lined up across from them.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
The Dirty Truth":3dmp8odz said:
If I said it once I will say it 100 times. Sweezy is by far the best run blocking OL we have and will be the best OL period in the next year or two. The future OL for the Hawks will be Okung @ LT, they will draft a LG, Max @ C, Sweezy @ RG, and Bowie @ RT.
Kinda early to tell for sure, but Baily and Bowie have a ton of upside and actually do surprisingly well for rookies.

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
Well, someone has to take the blame for this. The Seahawks are simply too great a team - even with 4 starters missing up front. (incl TE Z. Miller) "Any Given Sunday" losses can't apply to this team. ;)

Somehow, it's gotta be Pehawk's fault.