Odds on Bevell to the Titans?

edogg23

Reaction score
If anyone from the Titans is reading this, I was just kidding about Bevell being a horrible coach, he would make an excellent head coach :2:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
marko358":3llfw04n said:
Siouxhawk":3llfw04n said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.

Are you straight up trolling people now? Isn't that against forum rules?

Just put him on ignore like I did. He's not contributing anything.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":2rususzx said:
Bev will be Pete's successor when he decides to hang 'em up. That's the way it should be.
If Vegas had odds on this, I'd bet the farm against what you claimed and would have fun counting money on the way to the bank! :th2thumbs:

hawksfansinceday1

Reaction score
Well if they want a HC that is currently in charge of the 32nd ranked red zone offense despite having a Pro-Bowl level QB, RB and TE as well as a dynamic rookie WR that could contend for offensive ROY, then hell yeah Bevell is their guy! Woo hoo!

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":2pv6m9h4 said:
Well if they want a HC that is currently in charge of the 32nd ranked red zone offense despite having a Pro-Bowl level QB, RB and TE as well as a dynamic rookie WR that could contend for offensive ROY, then hell yeah Bevell is their guy! Woo hoo!
Thread winner right there! ^^^^

rideaducati

Reaction score
I think in order for the Titans to hire Bevell as their head coach, Seattle would also have to send their next two first round picks.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":ryrs7vep said:
Thread winner right there! ^^^^

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
I don't think Bevell eventually being the Hawks' head coach is that far fetched. It wouldn't happen for at least 3 or 4 years, likely, and by then, with the Hawks winning a couple more Super Bowls, would be in the running if they decided stay in-house.

Cartire

Reaction score
Siouxhawk":jhm1jmgp said:
I don't think Bevell eventually being the Hawks' head coach is that far fetched. It wouldn't happen for at least 3 or 4 years, likely, and by then, with the Hawks winning a couple more Super Bowls, would be in the running if they decided stay in-house.

Listen, I defend Bevell, because he gets way more blame then he deserves. And its not even funny. Hes become the go to guy on blaming after every offensive funk, because he holds the title. Self proclaimed football minds, have even flocked to the idea, because YES, Bevell does screw up from time to time and you can show the mistakes. It reinforces the idea, that every failed play, is the result of horrible planning. But its not nearly that much. I think he doesnt get enough credit for working with one of the most unorthodox offenses. Hes got a QB thats completely different then others. Both in unique skillsets and unfortunate limits. A weak WR core of slot/3rd stringers on most other teams. Im not saying they arent all good in their own right. But they are a weak group compared to most others.

Hes got a new toy in Graham. A TE who cant block, on a team that wants to run.

And an Oline, that, yea......

But yet, I would be PISSED OFF if Paul Allen made such a stupid move.

Bevell isnt top 10. Buts hes not the reason most our plays fail. You can see the bad executions. You can see the breakdowns. You can sometimes, just see the other team playing better. Newsflash, the other team are professionals too. This isnt the Harlem Globetrotters. We dont play the Washington Generals. You are gonna get beat, because sometimes, thats the way the games goes. They beat a guy this play. They make a great move this one. Sometimes it adds up. Their CB jumps a route because he studied his ass off too. It happens. Were not the only team that tries to get better. We play the best in the world.

Regardless. No to your notion. The Seahawks have marketing staff. They already know the opinion of Bevell. This would never happen for finical reasons alone. But also, this would be such a step down.

Siouxhawk

Reaction score
Cartire":173hns4r said:
Siouxhawk":173hns4r said:

Listen, I defend Bevell, because he gets way more blame then he deserves. And its not even funny. Hes become the go to guy on blaming after every offensive funk, because he holds the title. Self proclaimed football minds, have even flocked to the idea, because YES, Bevell does screw up from time to time and you can show the mistakes. It reinforces the idea, that every failed play, is the result of horrible planning. But its not nearly that much. I think he doesnt get enough credit for working with one of the most unorthodox offenses. Hes got a QB thats completely different then others. Both in unique skillsets and unfortunate limits. A weak WR core of slot/3rd stringers on most other teams. Im not saying they arent all good in their own right. But they are a weak group compared to most others.

Hes got a new toy in Graham. A TE who cant block, on a team that wants to run.

And an Oline, that, yea......

But yet, I would be PISSED OFF if Paul Allen made such a stupid move.

Bevell isnt top 10. Buts hes not the reason most our plays fail. You can see the bad executions. You can see the breakdowns. You can sometimes, just see the other team playing better. Newsflash, the other team are professionals too. This isnt the Harlem Globetrotters. We dont play the Washington Generals. You are gonna get beat, because sometimes, thats the way the games goes. They beat a guy this play. They make a great move this one. Sometimes it adds up. Their CB jumps a route because he studied his ass off too. It happens. Were not the only team that tries to get better. We play the best in the world.

Regardless. No to your notion. The Seahawks have marketing staff. They already know the opinion of Bevell. This would never happen for finical reasons alone. But also, this would be such a step down.
Cartire, I'm not talking tomorrow. As I said, it's possible it could happen 3 or 4 years down the road. Cable also could be in the running. Perhaps Kris Richard. Look, I'd like Pete to be in that seat as long as possible, but let's say we rattle off 2 Super Bowl wins in the next 3 years ... he might just decide to go out on top and who in their right mind would change the dynamics of a team that has won the Super Bowl 2 times in the last 3 years? It certainly is within the realm of possibility because I think this team has the talent and resourcefulness to become a dynasty.

marko358

Reaction score
Cartire":37wax0w0 said:
A weak WR core of slot/3rd stringers on most other teams.

I actually think this group of WRs would put up pretty darn good numbers on several other offenses. Did you know Baldwin currently has the most consecutive receptions without a drop? That Graham guy was a TD machine before he got here.

400WattHPSHawk

Reaction score
hawksfansinceday1":1uqw7bjg said:

Lol.

OkieHawk

Reaction score
What a lot of people are either overlooking, or just not factoring in is how often do the plays breakdown and RW has to scramble and play backyard football? This can be from a failed blitz pickup or the OL simply failing, whatever. Now, with that said, how many of those times have been successful? What is the breakdown of those to actual plays that happen w/out a hitch?

I'm just a simple aircraft mechanic, but it seems to me that more often than not lately, like the last 2 years almost, the playbook is thrown out and RW makes the magic happen. So, with all that said, is Bevell that good, or is Russ really the reason the offense sparks more times than not?

Cartire

Reaction score
marko358":qf31rv4x said:
Cartire":qf31rv4x said:
A weak WR core of slot/3rd stringers on most other teams.

I actually think this group of WRs would put up pretty darn good numbers on several other offenses. Did you know Baldwin currently has the most consecutive receptions without a drop? That Graham guy was a TD machine before he got here.

You are correct. Like I said, Each reciever in their own right, is good. But combined, they are not even close to the calibur of other WR cores. Baldwin would FLORISH if he was playing with Jordy Nelson or Dez Bryant, or any most any other team. But here, the sum of each player does not equal most other groups.

Graham was a TD Machine. On a team with a way better Line and Colston to take the edge off. I would take Colston over any WR we have, right now. Any. Not to mention, an Elite veteran QB. His lack of TD's isnt all Bevells fault, this is the point. EVERYONE knew he wasnt gonna put up the same stats before we even played the first pre-season game. So at this point, its just a subjective argument about how much is "acceptable".