Obo is no mo'

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
In 2010, Ben Obomanu's longest reception was for 87 yards.
Who was the opponent?

T / F The result of the play was not a touchdown.

You have 15 seconds

GoHawks

Reaction score
color me surprised . . . couldn't help masef- mispel intentional :lol:

TDOTSEAHAWK

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1u2p22tf said:
sutz":1u2p22tf said:
Blitzer88":1u2p22tf said:
Fought for everything given to him. Like he said a 7th rd pick being on one team for 7 years is pretty amazing. God speed Obo, always appreciated your effort. He was just not worth the money that he was due to make anymore.
I doubt if it was a money issue. More just counting heads. Not enough roster spots.

If I may respectfully disagree, Seattle saves about 2.45M by cutting Obomanu. We are somewhere near (right up against?) the cap, so this money will come in handy for us.

I disrespectfully agree with this.

Obo was a special teams baller. We will draft his replacement in the 6th round this April.

drdiags

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":39jsoe3w said:
Who was the opponent?

You have 15 seconds

Cardinals from Matt H at the Clink

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":2a1n4edi said:
FlyingGreg":2a1n4edi said:
How bizarre is this? Ben was #87...he has 87 receptions...and his career long is 87 yards.

He was also 87th on the depth chart.

Bizarre.

Well played Tech, I wonder how many people don't get it.

Loved the next post (my bad forgot who) and now he's 86'd.

Back to back comedy gold right there.

Best wish's for a guy that has been all over our depth chart including even being our #1 for a stint in 08 when out entire WR core went down to injury including Seneca Wallace who was going to fill in at WR due to need but pulled a hammy coming out of the tunnel. God what a putrid year of football that was.

He definitely got in at the right time though. The biggest reason for him lasting 7 years is directly related to turmoil in the WR corps, compliments of one Mr Tim Ruskell.

I believe that leaves Hill as the last man standing from the Ruskell era though I suspect that experiment won't last much longer either.

Edit: I know Trufant is still here but he wasn't drafted by TR. I'm referencing TR draft picks of which Hill and Obo, I believe were the last two.

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":jngd2f17 said:
Who was the opponent?

You have 15 seconds

Chiefs?

And false, it was a TD.

I think that was the same game Earl had his first regular season TD...on a blocked punt return.

:th2thumbs:

RichNhansom

Reaction score
By the way, earmark this info guy's. Obo is chalked full of trivia questionnaire.

chris98251

Reaction score
Kearse if he sticks is pretty good also as a special teams player.

RichNhansom

Reaction score
Watch him end up a 49er. It actually males sense. He could beat out some of the depth on that roster including Jenkins, would possibly bring trade secrets and is a great special teams guy. It wouldn't surprise me at all.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
He was a survivor, and a player that simply competed and survived for 7 years. I had respect for him but in the end his talent was surpassed by the depth on the team and the writing was on the wall.

His contract made him expendable. I think that survivor's mentality may be missed but there is a focus here that speaks of inevitability and Ben's time here was up.

He'll find a job as he competes and is an undoubtedly talented ST player. I'd not be surprised to see him surface in Jacksonville or with the NY Jets.

Thanks for your time here Obo. Good Luck going forward!

NYCoug

Reaction score
Mah boy Obo!

I'll always love that guy for playing through an injury against the Saints in the playoffs and having a solid game. The dude was a team player all throughout and gave up his body for the team numerous times. And an excellent, excellent gunner. If Lane can be as consistent as Obo was, he'll have a solid career for himself just as a gunner alone.

I really hope he catches on somewhere and has a bit of a revival. He deserves it.

Goodbye Ben! Best of luck for the rest of your life.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Tech Worlds":799yveh3 said:
FlyingGreg":799yveh3 said:
How bizarre is this? Ben was #87...he has 87 receptions...and his career long is 87 yards.

He was also 87th on the depth chart.

Bizarre.

Damn, we got some seagulls in our midst. Don't wear dark clothing or they'll pepper you with excrement.

A

Anonymous

FlyingGreg":vntgcnt9 said:

Bizarre you say?

My wife and I were married in 1987. My first son was born on the 6th and the other son born on the 9th, leaving the 8 and 7 bracketed. My car has 87,000 miles on it as of today. I sold a car last month to a guy for $8700.

And it appears the Hawks decided to let Obo go on the 15th.... the sum of 8 and 7.

Spooky...

ClumsyLurk

Reaction score
HoustonHawk82":2j82gk07 said:
FlyingGreg":2j82gk07 said:

Bizarre you say?

My wife and I were married in 1987. My first son was born on the 6th and the other son born on the 9th, leaving the 8 and 7 bracketed. My car has 87,000 miles on it as of today. I sold a car last month to a guy for $8700.

And it appears the Hawks decided to let Obo go on the 15th.... the sum of 8 and 7.

Spooky...
Are we the same person? My wife and I married in 87, have 2 children born on the 6th and the 9th, and my car also has 87,000 EXACT (0 tenths!!) right now!

I'm off to church tomorrow, fellas.

Subzero717

Reaction score
ClumsyLurk":5e1ky6ud said:
HoustonHawk82":5e1ky6ud said:
FlyingGreg":5e1ky6ud said:

Bizarre you say?

Spooky...
Are we the same person? My wife and I married in 87, have 2 children born on the 6th and the 9th, and my car also has 87,000 EXACT (0 tenths!!) right now!

The Outfield

Reaction score
CALIHAWK1":195yismf said:
ClumsyLurk":195yismf said:
HoustonHawk82":195yismf said:
Bizarre you say?

Spooky...

8 + 7 + 8 = 23 !!!1!1!

or

- 1 + 9 + 8 + 7 = 23 !!!

BlueTalon

Reaction score
BullHawk33":1bx6fxc5 said:
He's been around the bubble for the last few years but he was definitely one of the guys that had the right attitude...
He has been on the bubble every off-season since the year he was drafted in the 7th round.

jammerhawk":1bx6fxc5 said:
He was a survivor, and a player that simply competed and survived for 7 years. I had respect for him but in the end his talent was surpassed by the depth on the team and the writing was on the wall. His contract made him expendable. I think that survivor's mentality may be missed but there is a focus here that speaks of inevitability and Ben's time here was up.
True dat.