O Line and Russ today.

ivotuk

Reaction score
RichNhansom":13xbqrv5 said:
John63":13xbqrv5 said:
MontanaHawk05":13xbqrv5 said:
John63":13xbqrv5 said:
At times they were goos. Other time not so good. Game plan did not help them much.

Okay...I have been trying not to take your bait, but this I HAVE to hear. We're a straight pass-first team, Wilson threw for five touchdowns and God knows how many yards, and the gameplan is STILL bad? How?

ahh again let me try this, they game plan for games 1-2 was great, quick passes that helped oline, This game we did not do much quick passes, this did not help the oline. Thats all. I said the game plan did not help the oline, they obviously saw what Atlanta did and went bombs away. But I think more short passes especially in qtr 1-2 would have helped the oline.

Agree with John here,

Russ seemed to go back to his old style of swinging for the fences on nearly every snap. I don't know if that was play calling or Russ but I was saying during the game it seemed we were making no attempt at crossing routes or short quick hits. Those type of plays draw the defense in, get the ball out quickly, reduce sacks, keeps the O-line fresher, reduces holding calls and false starts and overall help the long ball when you go to it and it was what we were doing the first two games.

I love it when people just make stuff up. :lol:

Russell Wilson Yards per Attempt:

Week 1 ~9
Week 2 ~10
Week 3 ~7.8

John63

Reaction score
ivotuk":xly3t6pg said:
RichNhansom":xly3t6pg said:
John63":xly3t6pg said:
MontanaHawk05":xly3t6pg said:
Okay...I have been trying not to take your bait, but this I HAVE to hear. We're a straight pass-first team, Wilson threw for five touchdowns and God knows how many yards, and the gameplan is STILL bad? How?

ahh again let me try this, they game plan for games 1-2 was great, quick passes that helped oline, This game we did not do much quick passes, this did not help the oline. Thats all. I said the game plan did not help the oline, they obviously saw what Atlanta did and went bombs away. But I think more short passes especially in qtr 1-2 would have helped the oline.

Agree with John here,

Russ seemed to go back to his old style of swinging for the fences on nearly every snap. I don't know if that was play calling or Russ but I was saying during the game it seemed we were making no attempt at crossing routes or short quick hits. Those type of plays draw the defense in, get the ball out quickly, reduce sacks, keeps the O-line fresher, reduces holding calls and false starts and overall help the long ball when you go to it and it was what we were doing the first two games.

Week 1 ~9
Week 2 ~10
Week 3 ~7.8

and I love when people thing that ypa = the game plan. How may of these shorter passes were Russ making something out of nothing rather than the actual game plan? If you watched this game and saw a quick passing attack then you should try it again with your eyes open.

Polk738

Reaction score
Overall they did fine, a couple plays I remember better than fine as Russ I swear stood in the pocket for what seemed like an eternity and STILL took a sack, hmmm okay coverage sack I guess? Which I found odd considering how many starters were out for the Dallas secondary, I think they were playing a lot of man coverage an our receivers were struggling to get open, Russ may have the best accuracy in the league but he's obviously learned to not push it when the game is on the line. He was damn lucky they committed a PI on that pass to Lockett that was picked off. The offense overall was great but they were kind of struggling on 3rd down, someone mentioned crossing routes? I think Schotty was scheming them up but I can't know for sure without looking at the all-22, I feel like Greg Olsen would shine in moments like this but like I said I'll check out the All-22 when FG puts it up.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
How was he lucky? The guy literally pulls on Lock's arm, thus the throw was where Tyler would have been without that hold. Zero luck involved there. The holding created the interception.

ivotuk

Reaction score
John63":1927uow7 said:
ivotuk":1927uow7 said:
RichNhansom":1927uow7 said:
John63":1927uow7 said:

Agree with John here,

Week 1 ~9
Week 2 ~10
Week 3 ~7.8

and I love when people thing that ypa = the game plan. How may of these shorter passes were Russ making something out of nothing rather than the actual game plan? If you watched this game and saw a quick passing attack then you should try it again with your eyes open.

Bend reality to fit your preference and perception, and thus completely miss the point. There hasn't been a quick passing game all season. And who cares? Let me tell you who, perennially unhappy people that prefer to perpetuate their misery.