Norwood and Richardson

Seanhawk

Reaction score
HawkWow":242jxmdl said:
Seanhawk":242jxmdl said:
If our receivers gave less than 100% blocking when Harvin got the ball, they can leave too as far as I'm concerned. Way to be team players guys, real middle school (girl) stuff right there.

So would you have shown the door to our entire 2007 team? That team definitely laid down to expedite the departure of Jim Mora. Again, it happens and it used to happen with regularity, especially to young, smart assed QBs. Piss the line off, or show them up, and you'd get the matador treatment.

I know these things from actual NFL players that joke about such things.

Yup, sure would have. That's petty BS and there are very few players leftover from that squad. I'm aware that some of it is due to the ebb and flow of the league, but it's no coincidence that the Hawks led the league in transactions in Pete and John's first year. Off the top of my head, the only players that were on 2009 squad that are still here are Brandon Mebane, Max Unger, and Jon Ryan.

Grahamhawker

Reaction score
There's a lot being pinned on two pretty much totally unproven rookies here.

Hawks drafted Norwood and Richardson after decently successful college careers.
Both have seen very limited action so far.
I am hoping to actually see them play.
We will be lucky if one of the two turns into a reliable NFL level receiver; unbelievably lucky if both do.

sc85sis

Reaction score
I don't know that guys would deliberately let Harvin get lit up--they want to win the game, after all. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some subconscious effect however. They're only human.

QuahHawk

Reaction score
I have played sports all my life, I have never been a part of a situation where we allowed the failure of one of our players but I could easily see it happening. I think Baldwin and Kearse love being here and coming from up from the undrafted ranks have the work ethic and buy in required on this team. Harvin pushing their buttons and talking crap would get on my nerves and showing him that it takes the whole team to win by whiffing on a few blocks so he gets blown up makes a lot of sense to me.

jlwaters1

Reaction score
I'm happy that both are active, I'm hopeful both will get some good reps. I think both rookies could be valuable contributors, the less I see Walters on the field the better.

Latest posts