None of this would be possible without this man.

usChawks

Reaction score
Russell_Wilson,_November_2012.jpg

It's amazing how our franchise has changed in the past 3 years. Pete Carroll and John Schneider deserve so much credit, but none of this would be happening if Russell Wilson didn't happen. I'd give a 0% chance all these players come to the Seahawks at a discount rate.

Here's another Russell Wilson Appreciation thread I guess.

#ChampionshipOffSeason
Hi res 159415987 crop exact

bestfightstory

Reaction score
Good Grief.

Build a shrine, why don'tcha. I'm pretty sure Russell Wilson is only here BECAUSE OF JS and PC who are only here BECAUSE OF Paul Allen.

So there.

rickychen

Reaction score
I totally agree with you. Without Paul Allen, we never have this GREAT FO and GREAT TEAM. Look at Mariners. one remote Japanese owner never attend a single game. Even he did Seattle city a big favor to save baseball team in town. but he is not a big fan for winning ball game.

Floridahawk79":3f5vofgw said:
Right on my brother!

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
Two friends of mine - a Viking fan and a Browns fan were lamenting their QB situations. Hard to believe it was only 2 years ago that we were going into the year with the Jackson / Whitehurst combo (shudder)

Happy

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":2dc1ahmg said:
Hard to believe it was only 2 years ago that we were going into the year with the Jackson / Whitehurst combo (shudder)

I remember watching the 1s play in the 3rd preseason game and I was like 'oh F%$k, we're gonna be lucky to win a game with this offense.' It was truly putrid and painful to watch. And then they beat the Giants and it was like woah!. Then, enter the browns game. oh FFS, that was a pathetic display. Losing 6-3 are you kidding me? At least that put a fatal bullet in the argument that the team might have something in whitehurst.

It's amazing what's happening now. I'm beyond stoked.

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":rs6zn57w said:
Even more important then that man is this man:

Paul zps6b9434dd

Watching PA raise the flag vs. Carolina had to be one of the most gratifying experiences of my (sports related) life. I want a title for him as badly as I do for myself (and other fans). Thank you Mr. Allen. You are the answer.

Seahawk Sailor

Reaction score
California via Negros Occidental, Philippines
I'd say it's a tribute to all these guys, starting at the top down.

If it wasn't for Paul Allen, we'd all be random 49ers, Broncos, Vikings, Raiders, and Cardinals fans. Well, no. Not entirely true. Cardinals have no fans, but my point still stands.

If it wasn't for him, we'd have no team, and no Pete Carroll and John Schneider.

And if it wasn't for them, we wouldn't have the stellar team we have now, including Russell Wilson.

And if it wasn't for Wilson, fewer players would be as excited to come play for us as they are.

It's a domino effect.

bestfightstory

Reaction score
HawkWow":30am6rl0 said:
JSeahawks":30am6rl0 said:

Paul zps6b9434dd

Watching PA raise the flag vs. Carolina had to be one of the most gratifying experiences of my (sports related) life.

No Lie. I cried.

NYCoug

Reaction score
Kinda funny how before this whole FA frenzy started I made a ridiculous post about the chain of command in Seattle and who is ultimately more important to what the team does and their success. Everyone had different opinions on the matter, but can we agree on one thing!?

These ARE the Four Horsemen! In the words of JonRud, they're better than the Beatles!

HawkWow

Reaction score
JSeahawks":34uyzhk9 said:
lukerguy":34uyzhk9 said:
JSeahawks":34uyzhk9 said:

Paul zps6b9434dd

I beg to differ.

Would you root for Russell Wilson Qbing the Los Angelas Seahawks?

Not a chance. My lack of maturity disallows me from rooting for OKC, it would be way worse if the Hawks were elsewhere. Can't imagine it. Won't imagine it.

HawkWow

Reaction score
bestfightstory":1amtc9rb said:
HawkWow":1amtc9rb said:
JSeahawks":1amtc9rb said:

Paul zps6b9434dd

Watching PA raise the flag vs. Carolina had to be one of the most gratifying experiences of my (sports related) life.

No Lie. I cried.

You're an honest man and the most passionate of fans.

In a rare moment of compassion, my ex put my son on a plane to meet me in Seattle. I flew in from Hawaii to watch the game with he and my grandfather. Their presense had me emotional as it was. When PA raised the flag, they both looked at me with this "you're about to cry, huh"? look. It was all I could do to stay composed. Thankfully, it wasn't much after this that Lofa changed the whole emotional landscape. ;) My gramps won't be make it this year (RIP), but my son and I sure will! Go Hawks!

OP
OP
U

usChawks

Reaction score
No doubt everything starts with Paul Allen. I just figured that Paul's been here for over a decade, and this is really the first time where free agents actually wanted to come play for Seattle (without us vastly overpaying them). And sure, PCJS built this foundation and drafted RW, but its clear this team truly went over the hump with RW.

But seriously, who cares? Lets hope Paul Allen stays healthy, and all four are here for the next decade or so. Pete can coach until he's 72, right? (P.S. also wow, did you know Pete Carroll is 2 years older than Paul Allen?)

Latest posts