Non Star player you're most excited to watch in camp/the seaso

jdemps

Reaction score
SF bay area, shaping young minds with a tinge of H
1. Bailey: shows up to OTAs fighting fit with the starting job "his to lose". I want him to make that Sweezy-esce leap (taking the job from Moffitt and become a rock on the line) and leaving no doubt at who should start at LG.
2. Britt: the kid showed flashes last year and at times could be a force in the run game. I'm really hoping he takes that second year leap and balls out.
3. Hill and KPL: both flashed before going down for the year.
4. Receivers not named Doug Baldwin. JG gets the best cover guy. ADB gets #2. Whoever else is on the field is going to be single covered by a 3rd corner and should run roughshod over them. Norwood, Matthews, Kearse, PRICH, and LOCKETT. These guys should have career years (esp LOCK and PRICH if healthy)

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
kidhawk":1uxilob0 said:
He's not a star yet, but I think he will be, and that is Tyler Lockett. I was disappointed with our return game last year, but am seriously excited to see what he can bring to the table there.

I'm also interested to see what Jordan Hill can do. He has had some really great flashes when he's gotten the chance. If he can stay healthy, I believe he can do some really great things.
Yep, Tyler Lockett........and Glow. Can't wait to watch Glow serve up some PANCAKES! :D

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
jblaze":3qe9akeg said:
I want to see KPL come in and do well. He'll fill the Malcolm Smith role this year and probably will take over Irvin's role next year. Big opportunities for him!

Other notables:

Offense: Norwood, Lockett
DL: Marsh
CB: Tye Smith (may take him a year tho)
S: Shead
Ah yes KPL, I think if he stays healthy he will be a very solid player in 2015.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I think Brandon Cottam sticks around.

Also, I think Frank Clark is one of the most disruptive Seahawk linemen by the end of the season.

Fade

Reaction score
Mark Glowinski

If he is legit it would go a long way towards easing OLine worries.

[youtube]QrVWq4G3dc0[/youtube]

On defense there are a lot of candidates, but I'm going with KPL. If he is legit PCJS won't feel like they have to force a high pick at LB in the draft in 2016.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Uberman":16rsvzz5 said:
Kristjan Sokoli without question. I'm just intrigued to see what kind of growth is capable of. I am also just dying to see if Cable is capable of creating another firebreathing meat eater like Sweezy!

Yeah, Cabs said he was excited about the competition at 'C.' and that we will get a really good Center out of whomever prevails. I'm really curious about the 3-way competition they are about to narrow this down to. If Sokoli is one of those names, it's a good bet that his combo of smarts and talent are off-the-charts for a rookie OL.

Overseasfan

Reaction score
Matthews for sure, that guy could either become a star or flop completely. Im also excited about KPL, Hill and Shead.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
HawKnPeppa":3lhzax2g said:
Uberman":3lhzax2g said:
Kristjan Sokoli without question. I'm just intrigued to see what kind of growth is capable of. I am also just dying to see if Cable is capable of creating another firebreathing meat eater like Sweezy!

Yeah, Cabs said he was excited about the competition at 'C.' and that we will get a really good Center out of whomever prevails. I'm really curious about the 3-way competition they are about to narrow this down to. If Sokoli is one of those names, it's a good bet that his combo of smarts and talent are off-the-charts for a rookie OL.

It's hard to see Sokoli playing much this year. Developing him at center pretty much ensured that the learning curve would be too great for him to make an impact in year one. Jeanpierre has been getting almost all of the first team reps, with Lewis as the backup. But I am excited about Sokoli's future potential. He is a truly one of a kind athlete.

jonkchar

Reaction score
I still want to see more of Norwood. Could be a tough year for receivers to have a spot on this team

Ruminator

Reaction score
Crazy reading this thread because some of the posts remind me "Oh yeah we have that guy." Feels like a bonanza of presents under the tree right now. We could still be a bit deeper on the OL, but other than that, huge kudos to the front office for solidifying our depth.

onanygivensunday

Reaction score
Count me as one in the Mark Glowinski camp. I have a feeling he could be our starting center come week 1. Long shot?... of course but the kid's college tape shows he can play and Center is a possibility.

Add me to the Tyler Lockett camp as well. My sense is this kid is going to impress to the point that he sees starter-type snaps at WR is a short time. He reminds me of Russell as a rookie... a true student of the game who is dedicated to his craft.

To a lesser degree, Hill and Marsh.

cheese22

Reaction score
The great part of this thread is seeing all the talented names that haven't even had a chance to play much.

I initially thought of KPL and Marsh. Then after watching town hall I had some interest in Ryan? Robinson, the DE that Pete mentioned. And then I remembered how high I was on Norwood when we drafted him. I've always had high hopes for Shead being that he's a Portland State guy. But my biggest crush is on Sokoli. When I first heard they were moving him to OL I immediately thought that he and JR were going to make a great pair of guard's because they have so many similarities. I thought it would be easier for Glowinski to move to center full time because he actually had some history there and I thought it would be easier to pick up the signal calling for him. Now, I just hope they aren't asking too much from Sokoli and dump him too early.

Seafan

Reaction score
The young receivers, Lockett, Norwood, Matthews and Richardson. Lockett obviously will have a huge impact on STs. I hope that one of these guys becomes a difference maker on offense.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
randomation":2624ubxq said:
Matthews Lock and Sok
I doubt that. I'm pretty sure showing up overweight speaks poorly about his comittment. The coaches and FO have shown they don't look favorably on that.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
cheese22":2r2nm013 said:
The great part of this thread is seeing all the talented names that haven't even had a chance to play much.

I initially thought of KPL and Marsh. Then after watching town hall I had some interest in Ryan? Robinson, the DE that Pete mentioned. And then I remembered how high I was on Norwood when we drafted him. I've always had high hopes for Shead being that he's a Portland State guy. But my biggest crush is on Sokoli. When I first heard they were moving him to OL I immediately thought that he and JR were going to make a great pair of guard's because they have so many similarities. I thought it would be easier for Glowinski to move to center full time because he actually had some history there and I thought it would be easier to pick up the signal calling for him. Now, I just hope they aren't asking too much from Sokoli and dump him too early.
Yeah, I'm intrigued with this Robinson cat. Looks like he lost the numbers game with the Raiders, but could be a good pass rusher for us.