niners reveal their strategy to beating seattle

ceej22

Reaction score
Easier said than done and if Wilson is on his game then good luck even if you do take out Lynch.

seadoc30

Reaction score
Russell needs to show up this game if ever. At least he needs to pick up yards with his legs if not arm. Poor lynch. He can't always show up and try to drag 5 players with him for a first down.

Just imagine a QB like Manning, Rogers, Brady having to just deal with only one on one's the whole game.

NorCal

Reaction score
There are no secrets to the gameplans this week for either team. It just comes down to execution. Sounds cliche, but its the truth.

Polaris

Reaction score
NorCal":5icd5r6x said:
There are no secrets to the gameplans this week for either team. It just comes down to execution. Sounds cliche, but its the truth.

Much as I hate to agree with a Niner fan, this is the truth. I'd be stunned if either team suprises the other.

WarHawks

Reaction score
This thread is a real burst. I think we will win if we score more points than the 9'ers. It could work.

hawks4thewin

Reaction score
hoxrox":127t5pf6 said:
Read option run on a keeper, or read option pitch to Percy?

PA bootleg to a TE would be nice also.

The return of Mike Rob and I formation? FB wheel route?

I did like seeing that Percy fly sweep though.

You are talking about sasquatch plays... Plays that Bevel can not remember.. they do not exists.

AF_Hawk

Reaction score
Well he is right, sort of. Our offense has not been very effective the last few weeks even with a decent run game. I think this week things will be sorted out but there really is denying our offense has been stagnant lately.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
The one RB the 49ers have had a lot of problems with is Marshawn Lynch.

I think Lynch will make plays and Wilson is going to come up big when we need it the most.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
CANHawk":3krsb61s said:
Wasn't this NO's exact gameplan? They put 9 in the box trying to execute that gameplan and Shawn still put up a buck 40.

so........ okay. Good luck with that.
SF linebackers MIGHT be just a hare better than NO, but yeah, stopping Lynch will keep the hands full.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
Largent80":ap0psk76 said:
Getting Bowie in at LG is huge against their line. He played great. If we can control the trenches on offense it is gonna be a long day for SF.

Bowie is the better all-round O lineman, but I'm wonding if Carp might be the better matchup against Justin Smith. We will find out soon.

HansGruber

Reaction score
The problem is that San Francisco's biggest weakness is the secondary. Seattle exploited it in the last two games here in Seattle, and that resulted in a total score of 72-16. Russell had a heyday against that look.

And Marshawn still got his yards. In fact, Marshawn seems to love running on the San Fran defense. He ended their streak of scoreless runners, and has consistently put up 100+ yard performances against that same defense in every matchup.

What's so new that they suddenly can stop a runner they've never been able to stop previously? It's not like Marshawn is old or something.

strohmin

Reaction score
No duh..... its the same for the whiners. Kaep without a running game would be dead. he wouldnt know what to do.

Anthony!

Reaction score
Axx":x5n7jw0f said:
http://blog.sfgate.com/49ers/2014/01/13/whitner-on-49ers-strategy-vs-seahawks-make-the-qb-beat-us/

"To take away marshawn lynch and make the qb beat us" according to whitner

It appears the 49ers now view the passing game as a exploitable weakness?

That's great but unfortunately for them a lot of what they are saying is wrong. Ie Rw not playing well his last 6 game is wrong

Playoff game against NO not good
Game before 65% completion 102 qb rating Rams
Game before not good AZ
game before 67% completion 86 QB rating only because of one improbable int. NYG
game before 60% completion 82 QB rating again due to a hail mary int SF
game before 73% completion 140 QB rating NO

As you can see he has only had 2 bad games not 6

But hey whatever they need to think, meanwhile they are forgetting that Kaps numbers against us are worse.

Add to that there is no secret PC wants a run first team, so against a run first team of course you want to stop the run duh.

Let them link the way the want, and if given the chance RW will make them pay.

Anthony!

Reaction score
seadoc30":18md3mre said:
Russell needs to show up this game if ever. At least he needs to pick up yards with his legs if not arm. Poor lynch. He can't always show up and try to drag 5 players with him for a first down.

Just imagine a QB like Manning, Rogers, Brady having to just deal with only one on one's the whole game.

You do realize there was a span of games were lynch did nothing, and Rw carried this team

NorCal

Reaction score
HansGruber":2e3fj9wj said:
The problem is that San Francisco's biggest weakness is the secondary. Seattle exploited it in the last two games here in Seattle, and that resulted in a total score of 72-16. Russell had a heyday against that look.

And Marshawn still got his yards. In fact, Marshawn seems to love running on the San Fran defense. He ended their streak of scoreless runners, and has consistently put up 100+ yard performances against that same defense in every matchup.

What's so new that they suddenly can stop a runner they've never been able to stop previously? It's not like Marshawn is old or something.

Hans, why are you lumping last year with this year to make your arguments look better. RW did not have a "heyday" in Week 2. Lynch also did not break 100 yards in either game against the 9ers this year. I will give you that Lynch is the RB who gives the 9ers the most problems. If you want to talk history, I will then submit that Gore has historically given SEA the most issues.

Polaris

Reaction score
NorCal":qvfm8cid said:
If you want to talk history, I will then submit that Gore has historically given SEA the most issues.

Yes, but not in Seattle. Gore in Seattle has been VERY pedestrian. OTOH, Lynch has played his best games pretty consistantly against the Niners at home or away.

Sarlacc83

Reaction score
NorCal":gbnc1z1y said:
HansGruber":gbnc1z1y said:

Hans, why are you lumping last year with this year to make your arguments look better. RW did not have a "heyday" in Week 2. Lynch also did not break 100 yards in either game against the 9ers this year. I will give you that Lynch is the RB who gives the 9ers the most problems. If you want to talk history, I will then submit that Gore has historically given SEA the most issues.

Gore has 1 TD in his last 6 games versus Seattle. Lynch has 5 versus SFO in his last 3. C'mon man.

Edit: Gore has 1 TD since 2010 against Seattle, even.

Latest posts