Niner fans here: How's the crowd at the new stadium?

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
BocciHawk":ipf5zg9z said:
YYZHawksFan":ipf5zg9z said:
it is not fair to talk about tix on sale on stubhub as to fan support...

what is telling is when i noticed some for sale at facevalue via ticketbaaster yesterday...that is telling. or they just price them WAY WAY to high. which might explain the crowd.

leafs tickets here in YYZ are WAY to expensive and so the real fans sit up high and barely get things going for all those rich buggers below...

Actually, no, it is reasonable to talk about tickets for sale on StubHub at 28 hours before kickoff as an idea of fan support.

Right now they have over 4,000 tickets for sale. As an aside, StubHub removes all listings that don't have uploaded tickets at 3 days before the game. That number obviously is only for StubHub and doesn't include people who sell via RazorGator or NFL Ticket Exchange by Ticketmaster or Craigslist and so forth.

It is a sign of an unmotivated fan base that 10% of the seating capacity of the building is available on the secondary market, at what seem to be bargain prices, for a prime time game against a major rival.
You've converted me to your thinking. I agree. Made worse by tickets that one could just walk up and buy at box office.

YYZHawksFan

Reaction score
byau":2swqvnxj said:
5_Golden_Rings":2swqvnxj said:
Don't smile at me I'm not your friend right now :mad:. You sold your ticket to SEAHAWK FANS.

Hehe just kidding

You got me going there... :)

Marvin49":2swqvnxj said:
LOL.

No idea if they were Seahawks fans or not....

....but those 2 seats to one game will pay for one of my seats for the ENTIRE SEASON next year.

"Sacrifice" one game so you can cheer the entire season next year. Not a bad choice.
I have to do that with my leafs hockey tickets. It gets expensive. Harder to sell this year at a profit.

IndyHawk

Reaction score
5_Golden_Rings":d7smtbn4 said:
Marvin49":d7smtbn4 said:
5_Golden_Rings":d7smtbn4 said:
byau":d7smtbn4 said:
Hey Niners fans here

Per this thread

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=101710

I'm just curious to here your thoughts of what you've seen now at the 49ers games this year?

The 49ers are still the team I am most scared of this season, I think both 49ers and Seahawks have the best potential of all teams in the NFC (and it's a shame both teams seem to have gotten to a slower start and hampered by injuries) and 49ers seem to have the Seahawks number when it comes to when they host the Seahawks.

So curious how you feel about the new stadium and the buzz about hosting the Seahawks? Big time game this past Sunday you guys squeaked out the win and AZ on a possible downtick
Lol we don't have a home field advantage if that's what you're wondering.

Sure we do....its the elimination of the other teams HFA. :D

New stadium, new Season Tix Holders....it'll get there.
Don't smile at me I'm not your friend right now :mad:. You sold your ticket to SEAHAWK FANS.

Hehe just kidding I don't blame you for putting your family before the 49ers. Not something I would have done, but I can understand it.

:0190l:
Thanks for the Tickets Marvin! :D

lucky49

Reaction score
i was at the game and the crowd was pretty good. in YOUR face

tacomahawk

Reaction score
lucky49":1wr090fd said:

Thats adorable, what was the outcome? Did you have a good time? I heard the turkey was good.

mjwhitay

Reaction score
lucky49":33i2bnv0 said:

This is factually incorrect. I was at the game. Section 230. End Zone. Row 4. For reference, I was also in the stadium in 2012 when the Hawks spanked the Niners on Sunday night at Century Link. I'd imagine I'm one of not too many to have experienced primetime games in both stadiums at this point. This crowd and the high school pep rally atmosphere in that stadium had my wife and I laughing all night long.

- The "Beat the Seahawks" flag.... They had a flag made with our name on it. Like a high school spirit squad might do.

- The crowd has to be prompted to do everything. The announcer pleads for noise and bring the noise/be loud flashes on the screen before every single play.

- They don't make a peep while the opponent is in the huddle and the decibel level at the line of scrimmage is noticeably less than the Clink. The volume gradually decreased throughout the night and was nearly on mute when the Niners needed it most.

- The cheers turned to boos and venom exceedingly quick for such a close game on the scoreboard and an overwhelming majority of fans wearing red left early. Some as early as the 3rd quarter and nearly all cleared out with 7 minutes left. When their team needed them most.

- They tried to get a Beat the Hawks chant going numerous times and were successful exactly one time... the first time.

- They had to explain a Let's Go/Ni-ners chant or something similar to the opposite sides of the stadium and that barely worked. The way our SEA-HAWKS chant happens organically rivals a pro wrestling crowd. Their Let's Go Niners chant rivals that of a Kindergarten class learning to cheer for their local NFL team at the assembly in the auditorium.

- The PA announcer is, without a doubt, the very worst I've ever heard. It sounds like he's reading a play log to his secretary to provide a transcript. Not a bit of emotion. Just awful.

All that being said. The stadium is great. With a capital 'G'. I've been lucky enough to visit a few and that is the nicest one by quite a bit. Just a beautiful, innovative, high tech structure. Now I didn't have to deal with the sun or traffic, so that helped my experience greatly, but I recommend seeing a game there for sure. Pretty incredible WiFi too.

Anyway. in YOUR face

OP
OP
byau

byau

Reaction score
mjwhitay":6d4w6otz said:
All that being said. The stadium is great. With a capital 'G'.

Haha..laughed at that comment

Interesting first-hand report. Thanks, I was curious !

TheHawkster

Reaction score
Hawk_Nation":ea96j3w1 said:
MidwestHawker":ea96j3w1 said:
Kap4president":ea96j3w1 said:
But the NINERS are one of the top 5 GLAMOR franchises in the league along with (Cowboys, Steelers, Packers, Patriots). And yes im basing this on Superbowls and Hall of famers.

Did it disappoint you when daylight savings happened and the clock only fell back one hour instead of 20+ years?

That's some funny stuff right there. :th2thumbs:

On the bright side for them.....
32.8 yards per Lombardi on Thursday.
Slow clap it out!

Chawks1

Reaction score
mjwhitay":3plbm9lu said:
lucky49":3plbm9lu said:

This is factually incorrect. I was at the game. Section 230. End Zone. Row 4. For reference, I was also in the stadium in 2012 when the Hawks spanked the Niners on Sunday night at Century Link. I'd imagine I'm one of not too many to have experienced primetime games in both stadiums at this point. This crowd and the high school pep rally atmosphere in that stadium had my wife and I laughing all night long.

- The "Beat the Seahawks" flag.... They had a flag made with our name on it. Like a high school spirit squad might do.

- The crowd has to be prompted to do everything. The announcer pleads for noise and bring the noise/be loud flashes on the screen before every single play.

- They don't make a peep while the opponent is in the huddle and the decibel level at the line of scrimmage is noticeably less than the Clink. The volume gradually decreased throughout the night and was nearly on mute when the Niners needed it most.

- The cheers turned to boos and venom exceedingly quick for such a close game on the scoreboard and an overwhelming majority of fans wearing red left early. Some as early as the 3rd quarter and nearly all cleared out with 7 minutes left. When their team needed them most.

- They tried to get a Beat the Hawks chant going numerous times and were successful exactly one time... the first time.

- They had to explain a Let's Go/Ni-ners chant or something similar to the opposite sides of the stadium and that barely worked. The way our SEA-HAWKS chant happens organically rivals a pro wrestling crowd. Their Let's Go Niners chant rivals that of a Kindergarten class learning to cheer for their local NFL team at the assembly in the auditorium.

- The PA announcer is, without a doubt, the very worst I've ever heard. It sounds like he's reading a play log to his secretary to provide a transcript. Not a bit of emotion. Just awful.

All that being said. The stadium is great. With a capital 'G'. I've been lucky enough to visit a few and that is the nicest one by quite a bit. Just a beautiful, innovative, high tech structure. Now I didn't have to deal with the sun or traffic, so that helped my experience greatly, but I recommend seeing a game there for sure. Pretty incredible WiFi too.

Anyway. in YOUR face

Great recap. Thanks for the insight. All of this was pretty obvious from watching on TV too. We didnt know about the beat the Seahawks banner until we saw a picture posted the next day. Very high school pep rally stuff. I don't think you can manufacture crowd enthusiasm. The Seahawks fans have a long history of excitement for their team since the Kingdome days. Anyone else remember Bill the Beer man? Natural born cheer leader... He can be given credit for pumping us up into a frenzy. Raider busters anyone? Again we have decades of fan support that brought us to where we are today. The #12
Was retired in 1984, and not as a gimmick but an homage to all of us.

seahawksgirl411

Reaction score
mjwhitay":2pd0jruk said:
lucky49":2pd0jruk said:

Anyway. in YOUR face

:13: Great recap! I'd second pretty much everything that was said here. Hubby & I were boo'd - a LOT, which was to be expected. Lots of "F*** the Seahawks!" while we were walking in - we just smiled and waved. We were even told we won the ugliest couple award in our Hawks jerseys, so I guess we have that going for us... :roll: One kind fan even told us to "go back to Yakima!" hmm ok. When I told him that wasn't where we were from, he replied with "Ok then Walla Walla! Just get out of California!" - we happily obliged the next morning. It is a strange experience being one of very few in your section cheering when the Seahawks were making big plays.

Not gonna lie, we left when there was about 7 minutes left in the 4th quarter - just before the 2nd Sherman interception - which was good, since my husband was wearing a Sherman jersey & was already getting plenty of flack for it :lol: surprisingly, as was mentioned above, there were a LOT of 49ers fans leaving when we left... I mean seriously a TON of people. They were quick to abandon ship when things weren't going their way, & very quick to boo or scream at the refs whenever they didn't like something - I know that happens at any stadium you go to, but it seemed like they did it constantly (hence the 40whiners nickname I guess...). Their announcer is boring - the only emotion you'd hear in his voice was when he was trying to get the crowd going for "another 3rd down for the Seahawks", but even then... zzzzzz.

It was fun, & I'm glad we got to experience it, but I don't know that I would be super excited to do it again anytime soon... the stadium itself is gorgeous, & being stuck at the end of a dead-end row full of 49ers fan, the ability to order food & beer directly to your seat is so nice! The company my husband works for designed the security system in the stadium, so he'd been there a few times before and toured it & knew what to expect - it is definitely a high tech facility!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
The crowd was 50% gone by 3:00 into the 4th quarter. End of discussion.

Marvin49

Reaction score
Largent80":25vll1ya said:
lucky49":25vll1ya said:

This is the definition of IN YOUR FACE...

H98dhnF

Gotta be honest on that one.

That really pissed me off...but not at the Seahawks. It seemed to me that RW wasn't really even that comfortable with it and when asked directly about it kinda sidestepped the question. Even when Sherman said a few words...he could have taken it much further than he did (and I've never made my distaste for the guy a secret), but he didn't.

It seemed much more like an organized burn by the Network...and THAT's what pissed me off about it.

The Seahawks earned their win, but a preset insult like eating turkey on the logo? Seriously?

pehawk

Reaction score
Can we move this thread to Marvin49's forum?

pehawk

Reaction score
Marvin49":396h3523 said:
pehawk":396h3523 said:
Can we move this thread to Marvin49's forum?

Do we need to? You always seem to find me anyway.

Use more LOL's, Marvin. It makes me envision you laughing. And when I envision you laughing, I smile. And when I smile, Brian Denehy bludgeon's a porpoise with a tire iron. And when Brian Denehy bludgeons a porpoise with a tire iron, I LOL. And when I LOL, I think of Marvin. And when I think of Marvin, I remember how 49er fans can only talk about the 49ers and type LOL.

rigelian

Reaction score
Marvin49":924l42uf said:
Largent80":924l42uf said:
lucky49":924l42uf said:

H98dhnF

That really pissed me off...but not at the Seahawks. It seemed to me that RW wasn't really even that comfortable with it and when asked directly about it kinda sidestepped the question. Even when Sherman said a few words...he could have taken it much further than he did (and I've never made my distaste for the guy a secret), but he didn't.

It seemed much more like an organized burn by the Network...and THAT's what pissed me off about it.

The Seahawks earned their win, but a preset insult like eating turkey on the logo? Seriously?
I'm sure they would have let the 49ers have turkey on their own logo if they had won.

I thought it was disgraceful, however, I think Wilson was Wilson and Sherman was reasonably measured. It could have been a lot worse.

Marvin49

Reaction score
rigelian":3m1ovri2 said:
Marvin49":3m1ovri2 said:
Largent80":3m1ovri2 said:
lucky49":3m1ovri2 said:

H98dhnF

I'm sure they would have let the 49ers have turkey on their own logo if they had won.

I thought it was disgraceful, however, I think Wilson was Wilson and Sherman was reasonably measured. It could have been a lot worse.

Well of course...

...I'm just saying the Network knew EXACTLY how that was gonna look and Michelle Tafoya asked Sherman and Wilson about it directly because she KNEW how it was going to look.

If something happens in the moment...hey, that's passion. If your are coordinating a burn? That's disrespectful...and not by the Seahawks. My beef there is with the Network.

Latest posts