NHL Seattle Hockey club

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
chris98251":31cy8aq9 said:
BlueThunder":31cy8aq9 said:
Also heard a great name suggestion from some guy on Kiro... The Seattle Sockeye's. I think that's pretty good. Starts with an "S" to go with Seattle, is a Northwest salmon, and "Sockeye" speaks to Hockey itself... I would approve of this name.

We see enough damn fish every time a sports media event happens here, Pike place market, Sockeye Salmon, born in a river swim out to sea eat like hell, swim back up the river, either lay eggs or squirt sperm on them, Fight like hell if you get one on line though.

Totems or Steelhead are my top two choices. I know Steelhead is still a fish, but at least it's a tough sounding fish.

Not crazy about Sockeye or Metropolitans.

chris98251

Reaction score
IndyHawk":16z3rhuw said:
chris98251":16z3rhuw said:
BlueThunder":16z3rhuw said:
Also heard a great name suggestion from some guy on Kiro... The Seattle Sockeye's. I think that's pretty good. Starts with an "S" to go with Seattle, is a Northwest salmon, and "Sockeye" speaks to Hockey itself... I would approve of this name.

We see enough damn fish every time a sports media event happens here, Pike place market, Sockeye Salmon, born in a river swim out to sea eat like hell, swim back up the river, either lay eggs or squirt sperm on them, Fight like hell if you get one on line though.
I agree..BUT if we are named after a fish it should be the King Salmon..
I miss seeing those ..People around here think a 5lb Bass is elite but they
have never seen saltwater fish to know any better.

Yeah my dad used to fish a lot in the Sound and we had a cabin on Hat Island right close to a shelf in the Sound and caught fish all the time, he got a 56 pounder one year which is a big fish inland. Damn thing was in his freezer for a year before he actually cut it up.

Caught several that size or so off of Westport back in the 80's, now that size is a rarity with the amount of over fishing done.

kobebryant

Reaction score
Ace_Rimmer":2dsvy5gj said:
kobebryant":2dsvy5gj said:
tacomahawk":2dsvy5gj said:
I am plunking the dough for two seats, I won’t be able to make anywhere near all of the games, so I am hoping to offset some of the ticket cost by selling them. I may break even, I may get hosed, who knows. I do know that there is nothing in my mind that compares to seeing an NHL game live. The speed, and athleticism is amazing. It might be a one and done year for me, but I hope it will be a hell of a year.

You should be able to get pretty good money on the secondary market if you opt to sell tickets for the Caps,Pens,Leafs,Bruins,Canadiens,Oilers x 4, Canucks x4, Blackhawks. Especially if they happen to be on a Friday/Saturday night or Sunday afternoon. You'd obviously have to weigh that against the appeal of seeing Ovi, Crosby and McDavid in person yourself. The frequency with which McDavid will be playing in Seattle is a huge bonus if Seattle is placed in the correct division.

One team will have to be moved from the division though, and my money would be on Phoenix moving to the Central division.
Edmonton and Calgary will definitely stay in the Pacific, so you'll be getting McDavid a bunch of times a year for sure.

Your absolutely right. No way that Seattle, Vancouver and the Alberta teams aren't in the same division. Throw in Cali and it is going to be a lot of fun.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
The speed at which Seattle hit those numbers with deposits has certainly gotten a lot of attention here in Canada. I didn't realize that there would be that much interest even though I knew there was a pretty good following for the junior teams in that area (took me a while to get over that game 6 OT loss for my Pats vs Seattle last year).

Would make for a nice sports trip for those of us who have to travel to get to Hawks games to tie in a Sat night NHL game with a Sunday NFL game.

HawkRiderFan

Reaction score
BTW it's a Key Arena upgrade right? How is it being funded? The fight for a need for a new stadium in Calgary and public money has gotten pretty nasty here in Calgary between the team and city.

KK84

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":pcx0u91n said:
BTW it's a Key Arena upgrade right? How is it being funded? The fight for a need for a new stadium in Calgary and public money has gotten pretty nasty here in Calgary between the team and city.

It's being funded privately by OVG. I don't think any of this would have happened other wise.

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
HawkRiderFan":1n3i4xqg said:
The speed at which Seattle hit those numbers with deposits has certainly gotten a lot of attention here in Canada. I didn't realize that there would be that much interest even though I knew there was a pretty good following for the junior teams in that area (took me a while to get over that game 6 OT loss for my Pats vs Seattle last year).

Would make for a nice sports trip for those of us who have to travel to get to Hawks games to tie in a Sat night NHL game with a Sunday NFL game.

Seattle's a true metropolitan city full of people from all over the place that love hockey. It's also why soccer is so popular.

I also think there's a LOT of anger and resentment from affluent sports fans within a 50 mile radius over the Sonics leaving, so they were fired up and were ready to show the sports world how passionate they are for a winter sport.

BlueThunder

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":12dlj1r0 said:
chris98251":12dlj1r0 said:
BlueThunder":12dlj1r0 said:

Totems or Steelhead are my top two choices. I know Steelhead is still a fish, but at least it's a tough sounding fish.

Ooooo... I like Steelheads. "The Seattle SteelHeads". That is pretty baddass... I approve... That's my new #1 until I hear something better. Would require chrome helmets though... Which would also be baddass...

hawkfan68

Reaction score
I'm starting to warm up to the Totems as the name for the NHL franchise. Would the T-Birds move now that NHL is in Seattle? This has to impact them considerably.

Maulbert

Reaction score
hawkfan68":38ninidp said:
I'm starting to warm up to the Totems as the name for the NHL franchise. Would the T-Birds move now that NHL is in Seattle? This has to impact them considerably.

Eh, they're already based in Kent. I could see them changing the name from Seattle Thunderbirds to Tacoma Thunderbirds, though. I mean, they're technically closer to Tacoma, anyway, and the name would be alliterative, which I think is cool.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":3j0t8wmq said:
seaky12":3j0t8wmq said:
Considering the overwhelming interest for season tickets, I'm curious as to how many single game tickets will be reserved for the general public. I read on Reddit that Vegas had capped season tickets at 16k and reserved 1,500 for single game purchase, but I don't know how legit that is. I wouldn't think they would fill every seat with a season ticket holder, but who knows?

I think it'd go the same as Vegas, every sports franchise holds a small amount of single game seats whether the season tix are maxxed out or not.

Seahawks do it, it's just good fan relations.

Just noticed someone asked the question regarding single game tickets on the NHL Seattle facebook page. They stated they indeed would have some singles for gen pop and suggested that anyone interested in single games tickets should join the waitlist (which is free, obv). Good call.

ballhawks12

Reaction score
BlueThunder":2xiu9ozo said:
Sgt. Largent":2xiu9ozo said:
chris98251":2xiu9ozo said:
BlueThunder":2xiu9ozo said:

Ooooo... I like Steelheads. "The Seattle SteelHeads". That is pretty baddass... I approve... That's my new #1 until I hear something better. Would require chrome helmets though... Which would also be baddass...

I wasn't overly fond of SteelHeads as a name but the thought of chrome helmets just changed the game.

chris98251

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":orx4mn58 said:
HawkRiderFan":orx4mn58 said:

Seattle's a true metropolitan city full of people from all over the place that love hockey. It's also why soccer is so popular.

I also think there's a LOT of anger and resentment from affluent sports fans within a 50 mile radius over the Sonics leaving, so they were fired up and were ready to show the sports world how passionate they are for a winter sport.

Soccer has been Popular here since the 70's with the Original Sounders. On January 22, 1974, the team was christened Seattle Sounders.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
chris98251":2k2rpgmi said:
Sgt. Largent":2k2rpgmi said:
HawkRiderFan":2k2rpgmi said:

Soccer has been Popular here since the 70's with the Original Sounders. On January 22, 1974, the team was christened Seattle Sounders.

Went to many a Sounders game, and it was a lot more fun at the Memorial stadium than the Kingdome.

Crizilla

Reaction score
was reading an article from the oh-so-trusted media and it was saying most hockey fans in Seattle are newcomers to the city. I have a hard time believing that. LOTS and lots of hockey fans have been in the area for as long as i can remember.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Crizilla":96rztmzm said:
was reading an article from the oh-so-trusted media and it was saying most hockey fans in Seattle are newcomers to the city. I have a hard time believing that. LOTS and lots of hockey fans have been in the area for as long as i can remember.

Most of Seattle is new to the City, well it seems.. and a lot of them come from hockey towns so it's not surprising to me at all.

I"ve really, never have heard one Seattle native, or long time Seattlite, ever say, they wish there was hockey here.

chris98251

Reaction score
We have had several Junior level teams in the areas for years that have been successful, there area a lot of new people in the area to be sure, not why it's popular, most are here because were a sanctuary state now and a hot bed for liberal expression and acceptance, add in the Business growth with Google, Amazon and other support, hardly the Blue Collar support Hockey fans typically are.

I will say it's new and the first of it's kind so money people are going top be all in because of the novelty, lets see in 5 years who is attending games.

Glad they are getting the seats sold however.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Bobblehead":1wgx28zk said:
Crizilla":1wgx28zk said:

Most of Seattle is new to the City, well it seems.. and a lot of them come from hockey towns so it's not surprising to me at all.

I"ve really, never have heard one Seattle native, or long time Seattlite, ever say, they wish there was hockey here.
Yes you have, I’ve stated it here over and over. Born in Seattle, raised and lived just North of the city limits.
I’ve wanted the NHL HERE most of my life. Got quite a few lifelong friends that were born and raised here that feel the same as I. We are here.

hawxfreak

Reaction score
I think we should be named the volcanos and a writer already trademarked sockeyes in a set of books about a seattle nhl team
I like the eruptions as well but I can think of a few slangs for that one
Yes 12 comes up an awful lot here

Latest posts