NHL Seattle Hockey club

tacomahawk

Reaction score
twisted_steel2":2idqfpi1 said:
Bobblehead":2idqfpi1 said:

Hhhhmmmm.... not bad

Giphy

Every time I hear the Breakers name floated around, I think about the Omaha Ice Breakers from Slap Shot 2. I doesn’t sit well with me.
I am having a hard time not loathing just about every name I have heard thrown out so far. The Metropolitans most of all, it is a huge yawn for me. Which is a shame, since I am usually a fan of historical things.

I also don’t think that we will be able to have blue, and green, as our color scheme, since the Canucks already have it. I think it might end up being purple, and yellow, as there is not currently a team using those colors. They were last used by the LA Kings.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Sgt. Largent":1bq93qfu said:
Bobblehead":1bq93qfu said:

That was Portland's old name in the USFL.

Latestcb20170220221650

Not a bad name, but we couldn't endure the next 50 years of Portland pukes saying we stole their name.

Could give a rats behind what Portlandia thinks,
It's a perfect hockey name, far away from the usual bunch of crappy themed names that are out there and.. it's instant classic, timeless and it just sounds good.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
tacomahawk":3e1gnhpk said:
twisted_steel2":3e1gnhpk said:
Bobblehead":3e1gnhpk said:

Hhhhmmmm.... not bad

Giphy

Every time I hear the Breakers name floated around, I think about the Omaha Ice Breakers from Slap Shot 2. I doesn’t sit well with me.
I am having a hard time not loathing just about every name I have heard thrown out so far. The Metropolitans most of all, it is a huge yawn for me. Which is a shame, since I am usually a fan of historical things.

I also don’t think that we will be able to have blue, and green, as our color scheme, since the Canucks already have it. I think it might end up being purple, and yellow, as there is not currently a team using those colors. They were last used by the LA Kings.

I dont think I ever saw Slap Shot 2, buy hey the name from Slap Shot 2 ain't that bad. Could be worse, the team could be named after a kids Disney movie about a team named the mighty ducks!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

And regarding Portland using the name Breakers before..... eh. Who cares what anyone from Portland thinks. :Dunno:

DJrmb

Reaction score
I still really like the Aviators and the different concepts. Especially since it draws on Seattle area history.

DKiFLhIUQAA2cBI

That logo is just really cool and the color scheme is good overall but I would like to tweak the colors still a bit to more resemble this alternative logo here:

Ff86eb898f7d1710647f9b7  aviators logo inspiration

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
DJrmb":2270h3t3 said:
I still really like the Aviators and the different concepts. Especially since it draws on Seattle area history.

DKiFLhIUQAA2cBI

That logo is just really cool and the color scheme is good overall but I would like to tweak the colors still a bit to more resemble this alternative logo here:

I like it too.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2tc2ydl5 said:
DJrmb":2tc2ydl5 said:

DKiFLhIUQAA2cBI

I like it too.

Its a cool name. :2thumbs:

DJrmb

Reaction score
Something I haven't seen yet mentioned is the "Seattle Destroyers".

Maybe it's too aggressive for Seattle fans and not seen as PC in this day and age? It would be a cool name though to reflect back to the 50+ Destroyer class Battleships built in Seattle during WW2 helping to elevate the US naval fleet to the most powerful in the world. Still to this day this area remains one of the most important US naval areas, protecting America's (and possibly the worlds) largest stockpile of nuclear weapons (in Hood Canal).

A team that honors the Seattle area maritime and naval history would be really cool for the area.

KK84

Reaction score
chris98251":xwt87xx3 said:
Orange and blue, green and orange or a burnt red color.

Already in use by both the Oilers and the Islanders, otherwise I'd be a fan.

twisted_steel2

Reaction score
DJrmb":1wlc0lnq said:

Maybe it's too aggressive for Seattle fans and not seen as PC in this day and age? It would be a cool name though to reflect back to the 50+ Destroyer class Battleships built in Seattle during WW2 helping to elevate the US naval fleet to the most powerful in the world. Still to this day this area remains one of the most important US naval areas, protecting America's (and possibly the worlds) largest stockpile of nuclear weapons (in Hood Canal).

A team that honors the Seattle area maritime and naval history would be really cool for the area.

Great logo potential there too.

tacomahawk

Reaction score
Got my priority number in my email today. Higher than I was hoping for (thanks Ticketmaster) but looks like I should be able to get tickets for sure. It would be nice if the NHL officially announce, so we can get a name in place.

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
Thought of the destroyers, but, yeah, pretty aggressive,'
but.. on the Navy theme..

How about the

Growlers..

Brett

Reaction score
Bobblehead":odkgfi0c said:

Anyone remember the TV show Coach ? The Orlando Breakers were the NFL expansion team Coach Fox was coaching when the series ended I believe.

Orlando Breakers

Glasgow Seahawk

Reaction score
Chris Hansen bought more land at SODO.

Wonder what the plan is there? Would be an expensive FU to the port.

Hansen would need a big financial backer too, unless Ballmer is moving home and bringing the Clippers with him.

DJrmb

Reaction score
Bobblehead":2sjm41ek said:
Thought of the destroyers, but, yeah, pretty aggressive,'
but.. on the Navy theme..

How about the

Growlers..
When I here Growlers I think beer haha. However that's not a bad thing! I actually kind of like Growlers. Especially with the great Seattle beer scene!

I also thought of the Seattle Admirals which would pay tribute to the rich naval history here and be less aggressive and more PC for people that care about that sort of thing...

Maybe the historic Admiral theater on Admiral way in West Seattle could show games of the Seattle Admirals on the big screen too! :irishdrinkers:

chris98251

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":3qi1g1nr said:
Chris Hansen bought more land at SODO.

Wonder what the plan is there? Would be an expensive FU to the port.

Hansen would need a big financial backer too, unless Ballmer is moving home and bringing the Clippers with him.

First SODO then Seattle, I will get my arena if I have to buy the whole City!!!!!

:)

IndyHawk

Reaction score
DJrmb":2tzdd0qp said:

Not bad at all..I like it
We could use the military for a few names, Ft.Lewis is around and the navy..
My dad was in the [email protected] so how does the "Seattle Barrage" sound?

chris98251

Reaction score
Well if your going all Military how about the Seattle Bangers :)

It's where the Submarine Races are :)

OP
OP
Bobblehead

Bobblehead

Reaction score
chris98251":2n15hayl said:
Well if your going all Military how about the Seattle Bangers :)

It's where the Submarine Races are :)

Or.. Bombers or Bombadiers

XxXdragonXxX

Reaction score
Im telling you guys, Trident, so many cool logo possibilities.

Poseidon s trident tattoo by pumpkinsoup d3fm4v1

The-Trident-Race-WP1.png