NFL to end Pro Bowl

sutz

Reaction score
Meh, might as well. Probably best not to risk injury for basically nothing. Once they do the voting, that's all the accolades they need.

James in PA

Reaction score
It's about time. What a joke the Pro Bowl had become.

Rat

Reaction score
No one is going to miss it. Easily the worst All-Star game of the big four sports. Not that I blame the NFL for it necessarily, after what these guys put their bodies through, they're not giving full effort, or even showing up to an exhibition game if they aren't heavily incentivized.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
The skill competition is the way better event anyway. Used to be absolutely prime viewing back in the 2000s.

ElvisInBlue

Reaction score
Been saying for years they should just do skills competitions and forget about the half ass scrimmage.

Hope they get creative with something for the big bodies. Tug of war? Strongman events??

Could still keep the conference rivalry alive with an overall team points format.

SantaClaraHawk

Reaction score
What about the nominees who decline due to injury or fear of? Can they still do that now that it’s going to be flag?

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Honestly this is something they should have done years ago. I am all for a fun, competitive but safer way to celebrate the league's best players at the end of each season. Stretching it out a week is even better. Various challenges, games, opportunities to enjoy watching the NFL's best perform in a low-risk environment which could still be engaging and fun to watch.

OP
OP
M

Mizak

Reaction score
What about the nominees who decline due to injury or fear of? Can they still do that now that it’s going to be flag?
These guys still have to run. What if they pull a hammy or go down on a non contact injury?

nanomoz

Reaction score
These guys still have to run. What if they pull a hammy or go down on a non contact injury?
Fair point. I'm not sure I would do it unless I was handsomely insured against injuries (on the NFL's dime) sustained during the event.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
If I were an athlete worth a damn, this is what I'd be worried about. Popping my achilles, specifically.