NFL Network on Kam at 4PM Pacific

Our Man in Chicago

Reaction score
CalgaryHawk":3lva05lc said:
The Outfield":3lva05lc said:
Frankly, if it's true, I can't even believe we're offering him any kind of deal. The offer to move 3mil from 2017 to 2016 blows me away. That could have a huge impact on our 2016 salary cap.

If this is true, then Kam has clearly already won this negotiation by holding out, and he should accept his decisive victory over the Hawks by joyfully returning and marching through the center of the Hawks locker room dragging behind him a naked John Sneider with a heavy chain around his neck.

Kinky.

A

Anonymous

I'm guessing his D-to-A balance sheet needs only that much to qualify him for his financing for "Kam Chancellor Chrysler/Plymouth/Dodge".

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
Sealake80":2jzdm9sl said:
Kam is a warrior. He won us a championship. Go back and look what he's done for us in the playoffs. People calling him names and judging him... I'm having a hard time not calling you names. I'm your fine people just upset. Don't act like you know a man when you definitely do not.

You don't know him either. Anyone acting the way he is acting deserves everything that comes along with it. If you remove the name from the situation I doubt you would feel the same way.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Exactly. So if you like a player, it's ok he's being an idiot and hurting the team?
He's one of my favorite players on the team, and I wear his jersey, but I certainly won't until he gets his butt back with the team.

c_hawkbob

Reaction score
SoulfishHawk":397ehsgq said:
Kam won us a championship? Just Kam? Ok
Not as much of an exaggeration as it seems, the guy made the entire Denver receiving corps wet their collective pants seconds into the game. He did have a HUGE impact on the outcome of XLVIII.

SoulfishHawk":397ehsgq said:
And him calling the team "petty" is beyond ridiculous. :roll:
Agree 100%, dude's gone off the chain. He's lost more money with his obstinate petulance than he stood to gain with that $900K he can't believe they won't go. Claims of the club being petty are actually childish at this point.

He can be a d!ck and a great player at the same time.

HansGruber

Reaction score
Rocket":3bp98ysd said:
NFL players are not, for the most part, business wizards. They pay people to handle their financial and contractual affairs. These people are called agents.
In a negotiation, if you're good, you need to know the perspective of the other side and balance your needs with their needs and form a compromise.
Whomever is calling the shots on the Kam side is generally unaware of how CONTRACTS work, is seemingly clueless as to the concepts of precedent, doesn't AT ALL understand the Science of Capology. Plus, more importantly, is ignoring the alleged statement of the OWNER that Kam ain't getting another dime.
Agents know all this stuff, or they should.
Kam Chancellor is a spectacular football player, that is a fact. He is getting BAD advice from his agent and is ignoring the world around him. Kam needs to fire the fool and get to work, because I don't think the Hawks are gonna forgive his fines and he seems to be three days away from being a quarter of a million dollars in the payroll hole.

Kam old man, your agent done ya wrong. Boot his a$$ and get yours to work. Ya effed up, you trusted him. It happens. Really, Bro. Give it up.

EDIT - while negotiating Kam' current contract, his idiot agent went for cash... but no incentives, no bonuses, and low guaranteed money. Now the clown is roasting his client trying to fix his stupidity.
Again, another genius that doesn't understand contracts and his clients employers way of doing business.
FIRE THE IDIOT and get to work.
Yep. His agent got Maxwell paid and Kam wanted more.

You've got to wonder how much of this is the agent giving bad advice.

Kam, you've alienated your fan base, destroyed your credibility in future negotiations, and given the guy behind you a chance to steal your job. Please, Kam. Wake up. Get back to work. Stop shooting yourself in both feet.

HansGruber

Reaction score
rigelian":7xtii39t said:
HansGruber":7xtii39t said:
His agent Alvin Keels also represents Byron Maxwell:
https://twitter.com/alvinkeels

Dude got Maxwell paid. But he's giving really bad advice to Kam.

Clayton says the Seahawks are being pressured by the other owners not to cave. I don't think JS or Carroll could pay him even if they wanted to. I'm not even sure they can get all his fines dropped.

FWIW, he's not asking for $1 million. He said he wants $3m pushed into 2016. So, not sure what people are talking about with 900k or whatever.
If the other owners are presuming the Seahawks not to renegotiate then the league is risking an antitrust lawsuit by the NFLPA. That could get really nasty.
seahawk12thman":7xtii39t said:
He pulls a sneak attack by holding the team hostage by holding out the day before training camp. Now he want's to play nice? Please

He either is injured and doesn't want to reveal this

or

He lost and it trying to save face.

HHHTGT":7xtii39t said:
tifferradish":7xtii39t said:
Kam is caving, he wants to be out there with his team. My guess is he will be back this week, probably won't play in Rams game though. I think with the right PR, this whole situation can be spun into something positive and we will take him back with open arms. Cause, c'mon, it's Kam Chancellor. We still love him.

Not all of us. I'm am done with him, flat out. I realize this team is better with him on it, but we will be just fine in a scenario without him as well. I'm one of those fans he banned on social media, for voicing my opinion in an extremely polite and concise way. That to me proved how chicken $h! + Kam is as a person.
The owners collude on things all the time. And they've never lost a meaningful case about it. When you own all the lawyers, the cash, and the politicians, being sued is not a huge concern. Most of these owners made their billions by being really good at that game.

RCATES

Reaction score
From Kam's side of things this has gone from dumb to just worse. First off I really hope the Hawks FO isn't willing to negotiate with this clown and his ridiculous demands. Why on earth would they move over 3 million of his 2017 salary into 2016 basically leaving him making under 4 million in 2017. You really think Kam will play for that dollar amount in 2017 and won't be doing this exact same thing in training camp 2017. He hoped by giving his side of the story yesterday would move the fans and the media to sway things in his favor like he was being reasonable and the Hawks front office was being "Petty." Instead he made himself look even worse. Something I didn't think was even possible at its current stages. I'd send him a bill in the mail for all the fines he's accured and keep subtracting game checks until he shows up and plays for the contract he signed 2 years ago. If Hawks give into his demands this will be the beginning of the end of this teams ability to keep this core of talent together for future championship runs.

seahawk12thman

Reaction score
Jazzhawk":396gflg5 said:
seahawk12thman":396gflg5 said:
Why are we jumping to conclusions? Lets see how this plays out.
Did you really just say that? You know this is the internet, right? And this is .net, right? It's what everyone does here.

It's one thing to say we "think" JS is going to cave but to assume he has already done so when nothing of the sort has happened is ridiculous. This derails threads and dumbs down the conversations.

cdn hawk fan

Reaction score
RCATES":2ihktu2e said:
From Kam's side of things this has gone from dumb to just worse. First off I really hope the Hawks FO isn't willing to negotiate with this clown and his ridiculous demands. Why on earth would they move over 3 million of his 2017 salary into 2016 basically leaving him making under 4 million in 2017. You really think Kam will play for that dollar amount in 2017 and won't be doing this exact same thing in training camp 2017. He hoped by giving his side of the story yesterday would move the fans and the media to sway things in his favor like he was being reasonable and the Hawks front office was being "Petty." Instead he made himself look even worse. Something I didn't think was even possible at its current stages. I'd send him a bill in the mail for all the fines he's accured and keep subtracting game checks until he shows up and plays for the contract he signed 2 years ago. If Hawks give into his demands this will be the beginning of the end of this teams ability to keep this core of talent together for future championship runs.

plus 1. Agree completely and think that the "needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few..." selfish players regardless of how good Kam might be. If anything, it would be a slap in the face to Kam if the FO gave his fine money and missed game cheques to bennett as a reward for showing up and doing his job but I dont think that would happen with this management team.

edogg23

Reaction score
The amount of damage the seahawks will cause this franchise if they give Kam a 3-4 million bump next season will almost certainly be greater than if they do nothing and Kam sits out. No player on the seahawks would ever respect their contract again under PC/JS. That doesn't even take in for the extra cap space we would lose.

mikeak

Reaction score
BlueTalon":1zlypg68 said:
HansGruber":1zlypg68 said:
He's sitting this week and will pay $300k to do so. Further, his actions just told every other GM in the NFL that his signature on a contract doesn't mean anything. Which will significantly hurt his ability to negotiate in free agency.

His agent is greedy to the point of being clueless. It is impossible to sustain success when you only care about tiny short term gains to the detriment of long term earnings.
Damn good point.

Funny - I was going to post the exact opposite.

GM's and Owners will sign people who have assault and arrest records as long as they can produce. If anyone thinks that Kam can help their team to be a better fotball team they would sign him in a heartbeat.

"signature doesn't mean anything" - none of the GMs / Owners like holdouts but they understand that it happens. Sometimes it is justified and sometimes it is not - it means nothing in regards to a players integrity. In this case it will be deemed less justified mainly because of when it happens. To do it 1 year into the new contract (2 if you count extension) with 3 years left is not very common

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
Trade his ass to Jacksonville or Oakland and let them deal with it.

I'm done with Kam.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
HansGruber":256qm7ee said:

Kam, you've alienated your fan base, destroyed your credibility in future negotiations, and given the guy behind you a chance to steal your job. Please, Kam. Wake up. Get back to work. Stop shooting yourself in both feet.

Couldn't have said it any better

SussexSeahawk

Reaction score
Hasselbeck":youynfwv said:
HansGruber":youynfwv said:

Couldn't have said it any better

+1
And I would think damaged your working relationship with your fellow players as well

Shadowhawk

Reaction score
Kam in 2013: "I've got so many words it's hard to throw them out there. I just feel great right now. The Seahawks organization has blessed me. It just feels good. I'm a happy person right now."

Kam in 2015 (per Dan Hellie): "He also feels like he did the team a solid by signing his current deal as early as he did. He felt like he did that -- it was a team move -- it was to win a Super Bowl, and now he wants to get paid after the rest of these guys have signed their deals."

Quite a difference in tone, huh?

hawknation2015

Reaction score
Much as Chancellor and his agent Alvin Keels — the same agent who in 2013 negotiated the four-year extension for Chancellor that is now only 25-percent complete — privately are making the case he should be paid in line with the $9 million-plus Byrd, McCourty and Thomas are getting, the fact is Chancellor still has the best deal of any NFL strong safety. The Miami Dolphins' Reshad Jones is technically the highest-paid strong safety on a per-year basis by a margin of $2,500 over Chancellor, though Chancellor's contract edged Jones' deal in the key metrics of guaranteed money ($17 million for Chancellor to $15 million for Jones) and two-year payout ($16.1 million for Chancellor, $13.7 million for Jones).

http://www.foxsports.com/nfl/story/seat ... off-090915

TwistedHusky

Reaction score
The question asked here should be: Does Kam have a reasonable contract based on how players with similar contribution to success are allowed to set their agreements?

My opinion is no. The current contract has very few incentives based structure (like Pro Bowls, MVP, etc.) based on the information provided by FG (I choose not to try to read the contact and extract all the T&Cs from it, so I am relying on their interpretation which I believe is at least acceptable)

Based on that issue, I think Kam should be able to amend his contract to reflect those issues. And it should be in the Seahawk's best interest to do so as well, because they should want to reward their performers.

When Kam signed the contract, there were a lot of risks associated with signing him. In fact, much of the fan base was up in arms about it, when they felt other guys needed to be the priority. Kam not only delivered on what was believed to be a rich contract, but exceeded it and I would argue has proven his value to exceed what the typical SS brings to the table. SS get less than FS because they are assumed to be less valuable, but I doubt any organization would consider Kam not to bring more to the table than their FS does.

Kam delivered, but to get the organization to take a chance on him - there had to be some concessions in the terms of the contract. Those concessions have now proven to be unncecessary and so the organization should reasonably reward him with the compensation he should have gotten had the deal been standard. That means more incentive opportunities and it means a more reasonably structured deal.

I think if the organization at least offered a fair amendment, and moved a little money around - Kam would take it. Not sure why people think he doesn't deserve it. At the least, he deserves 2x what he is getting but for the salary cap.

Latest posts