NFL Network on Kam at 4PM Pacific

kearly

Reaction score
Cartire":4ptprxcr said:
I didnt think he'd be dumb enough to holdout. I was wrong.
I didnt think he'd be dumb enough to miss the first week and forfeit all that money. I was wrong.

At this point, I think Kam is pretty dumb, and nothing would surprise me now.

I was expecting him to miss several games from the start. Now I'm starting to feel a bit more optimistic.

Hearing that Kam is asking for so little, it makes all those fines and missed game checks loom much larger than I first thought. Originally, I figured that Kam wanted maybe $15 million to $20 million in new money from a fat new contract. With such a mentality, losing four or five million in fines and game checks is an acceptable sacrifice should he ultimately win.

But instead, he's asking for way less than that amount, and the FO is only $900k away from meeting his demands. $900k is roughly the same amount of money Kam would lose by missing the first two games (fines and lost game checks).

This means that Kam is the one feeling a sense of urgency. I now think there is a solid chance he might be suited up for the Packers game.

HHHTGT

Reaction score
tifferradish":171f1hi0 said:
Kam is caving, he wants to be out there with his team. My guess is he will be back this week, probably won't play in Rams game though. I think with the right PR, this whole situation can be spun into something positive and we will take him back with open arms. Cause, c'mon, it's Kam Chancellor. We still love him.

Not all of us. I'm am done with him, flat out. I realize this team is better with him on it, but we will be just fine in a scenario without him as well. I'm one of those fans he banned on social media, for voicing my opinion in an extremely polite and concise way. That to me proved how chicken $h! + Kam is as a person.

HansGruber

Reaction score
His agent Alvin Keels also represents Byron Maxwell:
https://twitter.com/alvinkeels

Dude got Maxwell paid. But he's giving really bad advice to Kam.

Clayton says the Seahawks are being pressured by the other owners not to cave. I don't think JS or Carroll could pay him even if they wanted to. I'm not even sure they can get all his fines dropped.

FWIW, he's not asking for $1 million. He said he wants $3m pushed into 2016. So, not sure what people are talking about with 900k or whatever.

12thbrah

Reaction score
Right now everyone is losing. :roll:

I would rather Kam sit out if he doesn't get what he wants. I don't want to see a disgruntled or compromised Kam on the field who is playing to not get hurt or not giving 100%

mikeak

Reaction score
Simple really. Let him miss four games =$1 million that will roll over. Move the million from 2017 which is now funded by Kam's 2015 salary :)

kearly

Reaction score
HansGruber":2z57dk6d said:
FWIW, he's not asking for $1 million. He said he wants $3m pushed into 2016. So, not sure what people are talking about with 900k or whatever.

Seattle's offer on the table is 900k short of Kam's demands.

hawknation2015

Reaction score
kearly":15duphd7 said:
HansGruber":15duphd7 said:

According to an NFL Network reporter's quotation of Chancellor on a later radio broadcast that was cited on twitter.

Dear God, let this end.

dontbelikethat

Reaction score
hawknation2015":29eg0j6l said:
kearly":29eg0j6l said:
HansGruber":29eg0j6l said:

According to an NFL Network reporter's quotation of Chancellor on a later radio broadcast that was cited on twitter.

Dear God, let this end.

900k short/ 300k a year....cmon Kam, let's just get this done.

BigMeach

Reaction score
Maybe someone has already said these things, I didn't read the entire forum.

But there are two key points to take from this that dispel any idea that PC/JS have been willng to give up any more money.

Point A: The sides are "about" 1 Million apart. - Stated by Kam translated through reporter.

Point B: Bringing 2017 into 2016. - Stated by Kam translated through reporter.

Using these two points in combination we know all we need to know.
There is no way we are willing to even come close to combining the two years into 2016 so obviously it's not 5.1M + 6.8M in 2016. Which means that it is swapping the two years. If it is swapping the two years it's not hard for the man on the other side (Kam) translated by a reporter not speaking in quotes to say "Seahawks are only about 1 Million off' when indeed it is more like 1.7M.

If this is the case then that means there was no Seahawk negotiation and PC/JS haven't offered to give up anything at least based on what Kam is saying.

All in all it doesn't really matter much, until Kam comes out and says these things on camera I find it hard to trust anything a reporter says on the matter as they are all looking to get a headline, especially NFL network analysts other than MRob.

frosted21

Reaction score
HansGruber":2q0l0zma said:

Clayton says the Seahawks are being pressured by the other owners not to cave. I don't think JS or Carroll could pay him even if they wanted to. I'm not even sure they can get all his fines dropped.

That would be collusion.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
ShaunPope":3g42fns5 said:
Kam is being a greedy, petty POS right now. Plain and simple. I don't know who or what got to him between OTA's and camp, but he's showing his true colors. What a punk.

We didnt see Rodgers whining about his contract after his rookie year. I looked around and found this.. Rodgers signed a six-year, $65 million deal in 2008. Thats only like 11 million a year and he was arguably the best QB in the nfl only a year or two into that deal.

makkapakka

Reaction score
If this rumor of the Hawks agreeing to shift 3 million in salary from 2017 to 2016 is true, then I'm disappointed. How many players will be lining up next year (if not this this year... MB) asking for the same.

CodeWarrior

Reaction score
frosted21":2y4hbbkj said:
HansGruber":2y4hbbkj said:

That would be collusion.

No, it wouldn't. The other owners are just voicing their opinion.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
c_hawkbob":fmsipvpb said:
The Outfield":fmsipvpb said:
I'm definitely to the point where I want to see Bailey play this game and see what he can do. See how much of a legitimate replacement he is for Kam or if it's just been hype and games.

Oh me too, look what happened when Sherm got his chance to show what he can do.

I hope he gets a pick six..we will see how quickly Kam comes back then

mikeak

Reaction score
Shifting would mean there is less for his final year. It makes it so he can retire without giving up much or force a new contract before the final year because Seattle would give up their leverage.

The way to do it which I am sure Kam doesn't want is to turn it to signing bonus. He gets the money earlier but can't retire earlier without having to pay it back.

Rainger

Reaction score
pmedic920":ks0efp3x said:
iigakusei":ks0efp3x said:
The part I don't get is being less than a million apart. Does that mean the Seahawks are willing to redo it?

I don't see the FO doing anything mor for #31 than they did for #24, nor do I think they should.
Saddens me to say because like many #31 has been one of my Favs.
Bottom line for me is, I'm a Seahawks fan. I'm a Seahawks fan regardless of who is on the roster and who is on the staff.
I love #31 being on our roster, he's a huge part of what we've gotten to experience recently.
I hate what he is doing at this point in time. I think he is hurting the team in ways that we can't really measure.
No he doesn't owe the fans anything, I get that but I've lost a measure of respect for him.
Having said that, #31 has to do what he thinks is best for him. I just don't see how any of this is best for him.
THIS:

Hawkfan77

Reaction score
Kam=Hutch IMO, only worse.

I'll never be a kam chancellor fan again

HawkFan72

Reaction score
Glasgow Seahawk":2yjalzcd said:
710 seemed to suggest the near 1 million was the fines and that the hawks won't budge on it. I could see the pettiness in some of that from his end maybe. I hope Schneider holds firm and gives nothing to his contract then next week offer him 50% of the fines. No way does he get off with paying nothing.

I agree. If the Hawks are willing to negotiate, fine. Get him back on the team.

But Chancellor needs to pay his fines and face the consequences of holding out. The Hawks have to hold on to the fines or they are meaningless in the future. They will basically have no leverage in future negotiations if they give Chancellor a raise AND wipe out the fines.

Recon_Hawk

Reaction score
HansGruber":h7vp6n6g said:

His agent has him getting a $3m raise as it stands now (according to reports). Perhaps demanding 4m is getting greedy, but it's hard to argue that he's not helping his clients earn max value.

Latest posts