NFL looking to shorten preseason and expand playoffs

VivaEfrenHerrera

Reaction score
I just glanced through wikipedia to get a rough idea of the teams that would get in with an expanded format. If they fulfilled my wish and got rid of the bye, tons of 7-9s would get in and at least *half* the time (over the past 10 seasons), a 6-10 would get in. Most of the beneficiaries are the 9-7s and 8-8s, obviously, and occasionally, the unfortunate 10-6 gets appropriately let in. But even with only two more teams in the playoff picture, 7-9s getting in goes from completely rare to barely uncommon.

SalishHawkFan

Reaction score
Hey, let's just play 82 meaningless games and let almost every team make the playoffs which will last almost as long as the season and be just like the worthless NBA.

We have too many teams making the playoffs already.

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
C-Dub":1m0wrsmc said:
JSeahawks":1m0wrsmc said:
I dont think anybody needed 4 preseason games to know that Russell Wilson was better then Matt Flynn. From what i've heard it was pretty obvious from the very first mini camp. Hell, some of us knew it the day that he was drafted.
They needed 4 to prove he was better. I doubt you start Wilson in the regular season after he's only played well against 3rd and 4th stringers. Those 3rd and 4th games against the 1's showed he was the real deal.

True.

But we did know he was a better option than Matt Flynn. :D

PlinytheCenter

Reaction score
Hate the idea of a watered down playoff picture. Two less pre-season games I could definitely get behind. My thinking is that Goddell is going to alter the contact rules so much that in his mind an 18 game regular season is feasible. Unfortunate but I think that's what is coming.

HawkWow

Reaction score
Too many great unemployed athletes out there. Let's expand to 50 teams and increase the roster size to 100 while doubling the cap. Football year 'round would be fine with me.

CaptainSkybeard

Reaction score
Preseason games give teams a chance to get the kinks and bugs out, result is a better product week 1.

They are important.

Latest posts