NFL insiders believe Jadeveon Clowney will sign with Ravens

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawks85

Reaction score
MontanaHawk05":ofdkusuc said:
[tweet]https://twitter.com/joerexrode/status/1301521756029681664[/tweet]
I have a feeling that Clowney will be re-signing here. After the Josh Gordon signing, This dude better bring his A -Game.

Appyhawk

Reaction score
Ranch in Flint Hills of Kansas, formerly NW Montan
hawks85":2i18n4ly said:
MontanaHawk05":2i18n4ly said:
I have a feeling that Clowney will be re-signing here. After the Josh Gordon signing, This dude better bring his A -Game.

Oh PLEASE let it be so! Then we would be as near as we could get to my dream Seahawk team as we could get for this year.

hawks85

Reaction score
Appyhawk":3lmijwon said:
hawks85":3lmijwon said:
MontanaHawk05":3lmijwon said:

Oh PLEASE let it be so! Then we would be as near as we could get to my dream Seahawk team as we could get for this year.
Well a lot of people that know me in real life know I am not a Clowney fan. I dont have any links or evidence, but I was just told Clowney will be re-signing here in the next few days. I told my source I'll believe it when I see it. Just wanted to let all you Clowney fans know. This dude better bring his A-game thats all I'm gonna say.

groundchucklives

Reaction score
...i realize he apparently has plenty of little fan boys on this board who, for whatever reason, defend him, just as they defended loud-mouthed diva egotistical idiots like Dickie Sherman and Earl (that is until they left and put on another uniform, lol), but this guy is just too much. I would love it if he wasn't able to find a team stupid enough to pay him after pulling all of the garbage he has pulled for the past 6 months. per CBS Sports:

"The Titans and other interested teams haveall been frustrated with the lack of engagement by Clowney," Robinson said. "A number of interested teams have wanted to get him in for a physical. He had core muscle surgery this past offseason. He and his agent have refused. It has been an absurd process trying to figure out what he wants, where his commitment level is at, and I think figuring out whether or not he understands what the price tag is for a player coming off of a disappointing season and a significant injury that required invasive surgery to his core."

^^^yeah, go ahead clowney fan boys. put on your clowney jerseys and get out your autographed clowney footballs and defend this disinterested diva flake. He sure sounds like a real winner and competitor with a burning desire to play football to me, lol. Oh let me guess you clowney fan boys all know more then the various NFL teams (coaches, scouts and GM's/personnel execs, etc.) who apparently have had their fill of this guy and his antics over the course of the past 6 months. Go ahead and explain to me why you know more than they do about Clowney, and then the other dude who said that "sacks don't matter for pass-rushing DE's...pay him whatever he wants bc even though his sack numbers sucked last year and MOST years, durrr he is great against he run!" can chime in with some more of his "special" brilliance. :0190l: :0190l:

Tmagopis

Reaction score
Clowney doesn’t owe you, me, fans, or any organization anything. If he wants to wait a year rather than playing that’s entirely his decision. He might end up losing money - but it might just not matter to him.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
groundchucklives":1ahaxqfi said:
...i realize he apparently has plenty of little fan boys on this board who, for whatever reason, defend him, just as they defended loud-mouthed diva egotistical idiots like Dickie Sherman and Earl (that is until they left and put on another uniform, lol), but this guy is just too much. I would love it if he wasn't able to find a team stupid enough to pay him after pulling all of the garbage he has pulled for the past 6 months. per CBS Sports:

"The Titans and other interested teams haveall been frustrated with the lack of engagement by Clowney," Robinson said. "A number of interested teams have wanted to get him in for a physical. He had core muscle surgery this past offseason. He and his agent have refused. It has been an absurd process trying to figure out what he wants, where his commitment level is at, and I think figuring out whether or not he understands what the price tag is for a player coming off of a disappointing season and a significant injury that required invasive surgery to his core."

^^^yeah, go ahead clowney fan boys. put on your clowney jerseys and get out your autographed clowney footballs and defend this disinterested diva flake. He sure sounds like a real winner and competitor with a burning desire to play football to me, lol. Oh let me guess you clowney fan boys all know more then the various NFL teams (coaches, scouts and GM's/personnel execs, etc.) who apparently have had their fill of this guy and his antics over the course of the past 6 months. Go ahead and explain to me why you know more than they do about Clowney, and then the other dude who said that "sacks don't matter for pass-rushing DE's...pay him whatever he wants bc even though his sack numbers sucked last year and MOST years, durrr he is great against he run!" can chime in with some more of his "special" brilliance. :0190l: :0190l:

Little aggressive there guy

TraderGary

Reaction score
hawks85":14fgtgpd said:
Appyhawk":14fgtgpd said:
hawks85":14fgtgpd said:
MontanaHawk05":14fgtgpd said:

Well a lot of people that know me in real life know I am not a Clowney fan. I dont have any links or evidence, but I was just told Clowney will be re-signing here in the next few days. I told my source I'll believe it when I see it. Just wanted to let all you Clowney fans know. This dude better bring his A-game thats all I'm gonna say.

Would be interested to know who your source is.

The fact that the Titans or any other interested team has been unable to have any meaningful engagement with Clowney or his agent indicates to me that he has already made up his mind, and all indications are it will be Seattle. It's widely known he hates training camp so I think he comes in over the weekend or early next week in time to be ready to play against Atlanta.

Please let this be true. In my mind, he's the last piece of the puzzle to another Super Bowl run. With Clowney and the recent news about Gordon, this team is absolutely STACKED! I just hope he's in playing shape and ready to go.

GLio14

Reaction score
I loved what he brought to the team, and want him back regardless. But I'm withholding any excitement/angst about speculation until I see Schefter or Rappaport report it. The constant stories about this dude is exhausting.

Truthfully, I don't know how you can have the gall to demand $20M after posting a season with only 3.5 sacks. Mind boggling.

olyfan63

Reaction score
rcaido":3bpih1sq said:
I watched all season Clowney was disruptive in majority of the games, minus his injury...

Countless times you see him being held by the o-line...His teammates were also no shows pretty much all year.

Not sure where you guys getting only showing up a couple games.

Total agreement, thanks for the sensible take, RCaido.
Would love to have Clowney back. I think he gave what he had, and made lots of plays that helped the D even when stats didn't show it. Plus changing what the offense calls and making them account for him and his athleticism.

Sux that he has this "only-when-he-feels-like-it" tag attached to his effort level. I saw a guy who played through pain last year and had an impact.

That said, the $$ have to make sense for the Seahawks, and not leave us strapped for talent in other areas that opponents can exploit. I hope it works out that he lands here for this season; he could be a factor that puts us over the top. With Gordon signing, Adams on the team now, young talent Jordyn Brooks added, we are having a 2012-13-ish offseason, or whichever one it was where we got Cliff Avril and Michael Bennett on board.

hawks85

Reaction score
TraderGary":1hdezuu7 said:
hawks85":1hdezuu7 said:
Appyhawk":1hdezuu7 said:
hawks85":1hdezuu7 said:

The fact that the Titans or any other interested team has been unable to have any meaningful engagement with Clowney or his agent indicates to me that he has already made up his mind, and all indications are it will be Seattle. It's widely known he hates training camp so I think he comes in over the weekend or early next week in time to be ready to play against Atlanta.

Please let this be true. In my mind, he's the last piece of the puzzle to another Super Bowl run. With Clowney and the recent news about Gordon, this team is absolutely STACKED! I just hope he's in playing shape and ready to go.
Well it's not a media person it's just someone I know who has info with inner circles. All he told me was Clowney wants to win a SB and everybody knows that, but he said with the defense additions and he really likes Wilson and the coaching staff here, he said his best shot at winning a SB is here. I asked about the money stuff and he said Clowney knows the market has tanked for his position and is willing to negotiate if the dollar amount is right. I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I'm not saying I don't believe him I'm just saying I'll believe when I see it, but he assured me Clowney will be back here, and I said Ok.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
groundchucklives":1gpxci8j said:

Yikes dude. It's JUST football, were just fans of the team, I get it.

But it's his livelihood. He's making a business decision, just like the teams do. We're about to cut what 30 or so guys. Some of which have signed longer term contracts. But it's just business.

The NFL players have very little leverage, no guaranteed contracts, have to deal with the franchise tag. This is the only time in his life he has any control. Cut him some slack.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
He makes the team better, and acting like he's just some average player is hilarious. I don't expect him back, but hell yes I would be stoked if he came back.

bigskydoc

Reaction score
I havent commented much on this, because it is the business side of football, and the details are so opaque to fans, that we may as well be reading tea leaves.

But Clowney is in an interesting situation. He wants a ring, and he wants the money, and, despite the naysayers, he has the talent to pursue both. Realistically, the Hawks probably give him th best blend of both for the 2020 season, and that is why he will almost certainly be back.

He could go elsewhere for slightly more money, and a slightly lower chance of a ring. He could go elsewhere for a slightly higher chance of a ring, and slightly less, or similar, money. He simply isn't going to the Titans or the Browns, absent a monster contract. He might consider a little less money for a Chiefs or Ravens.

The biggest rub with Seattle is not this year's earnings. It's the fact that, in Seattle, he has no chance of generating the kind of stats that will land him a monster contract next year. With no other true star across from him, he is likely to draw the same kind of attention that opposing teams gave him last year.

I think he is doing the smart thing to hold out as long as possible to see if another contender loses a star player on a stud line. He would be better off playing for a little less if he is on a line that lets him shine, I just don't think that he will do that for a non-contender.

TraderGary

Reaction score
hawks85":2dkpk9ve said:
TraderGary":2dkpk9ve said:
hawks85":2dkpk9ve said:
Appyhawk":2dkpk9ve said:

Well it's not a media person it's just someone I know who has info with inner circles. All he told me was Clowney wants to win a SB and everybody knows that, but he said with the defense additions and he really likes Wilson and the coaching staff here, he said his best shot at winning a SB is here. I asked about the money stuff and he said Clowney knows the market has tanked for his position and is willing to negotiate if the dollar amount is right. I'm taking this with a grain of salt. I'm not saying I don't believe him I'm just saying I'll believe when I see it, but he assured me Clowney will be back here, and I said Ok.

Thanks hawks85. Hope you're right.

gowazzu02

Reaction score
bigskydoc":mvr260qt said:
I havent commented much on this, because it is the business side of football, and the details are so opaque to fans, that we may as well be reading tea leaves.

But Clowney is in an interesting situation. He wants a ring, and he wants the money, and, despite the naysayers, he has the talent to pursue both. Realistically, the Hawks probably give him th best blend of both for the 2020 season, and that is why he will almost certainly be back.

He could go elsewhere for slightly more money, and a slightly lower chance of a ring. He could go elsewhere for a slightly higher chance of a ring, and slightly less, or similar, money. He simply isn't going to the Titans or the Browns, absent a monster contract. He might consider a little less money for a Chiefs or Ravens.

The biggest rub with Seattle is not this year's earnings. It's the fact that, in Seattle, he has no chance of generating the kind of stats that will land him a monster contract next year. With no other true star across from him, he is likely to draw the same kind of attention that opposing teams gave him last year.

I think he is doing the smart thing to hold out as long as possible to see if another contender loses a star player on a stud line. He would be better off playing for a little less if he is on a line that lets him shine, I just don't think that he will do that for a non-contender.

Great points all around. I think your spot on on basically everything.

A name that just popped up on Twitter is the Saints. Not sure where they find the money, but him opposite Cam Jordan would be SCARY.

groundchucklives

Reaction score
I love how "but he is disruptive and great against the run!" is euphemistic fan boy code for "he rarely gets home and gets to the QB." Believe it or not, there are a fair amount of talented guys in this league who are "disruptive" yet who don't rack up sacks or Ints. Clowney is one of them, you fan boys need to stop acting like he is Lawrence F'ing Taylor or Reggie White. He isn't even someone like Dwight Freeney. He is an egotistical overrated inconsistent diva who is a legend in his own mind and in the mind of his fan boys. He is still living off of one freakin' big hit against Michigan in the Outback bowl. Dude was made out to be the second coming of LT and was ALL HYPE coming out of USC and he has FAILED to live up to that "OMG HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS HE IS A FREAK HE IS GOING TO DOMINATE IN THE NFL!!!" Hype.....the only people who don't realize that are Clowney, his agent, and his fan boys.

Maelstrom787

Reaction score
groundchucklives":8dx39gsa said:

Sheesh, dude. Chill. You seem a little inordinately offended over a football player.

Plus, why are you attacking others for their opinions on Clowney - most of which are backed by film and data? No need for that crap. Perhaps you should provide some actual quality logic and data behind your stance as to why sacks are the premier indicator of the worth of an edge player, rather than pressures and run defense. I'd be interested in seeing it, in an at least somewhat coherent fashion.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
groundchucklives":hjkbuii3 said:
I love how "but he is disruptive and great against the run!" is euphemistic fan boy code for "he rarely gets home and gets to the QB." Believe it or not, there are a fair amount of talented guys in this league who are "disruptive" yet who don't rack up sacks or Ints. Clowney is one of them, you fan boys need to stop acting like he is Lawrence F'ing Taylor or Reggie White. He isn't even someone like Dwight Freeney. He is an egotistical overrated inconsistent diva who is a legend in his own mind and in the mind of his fan boys. He is still living off of one freakin' big hit against Michigan in the Outback bowl. Dude was made out to be the second coming of LT and was ALL HYPE coming out of USC and he has FAILED to live up to that "OMG HE HAS ALL THE TOOLS HE IS A FREAK HE IS GOING TO DOMINATE IN THE NFL!!!" Hype.....the only people who don't realize that are Clowney, his agent, and his fan boys.

I hope he signs here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts