NFL.com Power Ranking Description of Seattle lol

cymatica

Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ankings-week-15-49ers-jump-seahawks-pats-drop

The Seahawks lost Sunday's game -- and an opportunity to inhabit the No. 1 seed in the NFC -- because the Rams were able to push Seattle out of its comfort zone. This is a Brian Schottenheimer offense through and through; everything flows through the running game. But the Seahawks' defense struggled, allowing four long touchdown drives that forced the Seattle attack into pass-heavy mode. Russell Wilson is a great ally at any juncture, but he doesn't have the type of playmakers around him right now to mount a substantial comeback. We saw what happens when Wilson tries to do too much: He was sacked five times and took 11 hits as he scanned the field for open receivers. Painful drops from the likes of Malik Turner and Jacob Hollister didn't help matters. It was an ugly night, but the 'Hawks remain in solid position, with a massive Week 17 grudge match against the 49ers looming over everything.

Half the games this year, maybe more, have been comebacks by Wilson. It's comments like this just reinforce the fact that most of the mediots have no clue about this team. They have zero understanding of the Rams/Seattle matchup and resort to blanket statements like this that are based on nothing but uninformed perception.

No point to this except felt like ranting when I read this

Rat

Reaction score
Aren't we lacking playmakers? We're so much better when Lockett is at his best.

No QB can do it all on his own. Russ can cover up a lot, but we could use more from the guys he's throwing to right now.

MD5eahawks

Reaction score
cymatica":3thmmsww said:
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap30...ankings-week-15-49ers-jump-seahawks-pats-drop

The Seahawks lost Sunday's game -- and an opportunity to inhabit the No. 1 seed in the NFC -- because the Rams were able to push Seattle out of its comfort zone. This is a Brian Schottenheimer offense through and through; everything flows through the running game. But the Seahawks' defense struggled, allowing four long touchdown drives that forced the Seattle attack into pass-heavy mode. Russell Wilson is a great ally at any juncture, but he doesn't have the type of playmakers around him right now to mount a substantial comeback. We saw what happens when Wilson tries to do too much: He was sacked five times and took 11 hits as he scanned the field for open receivers. Painful drops from the likes of Malik Turner and Jacob Hollister didn't help matters. It was an ugly night, but the 'Hawks remain in solid position, with a massive Week 17 grudge match against the 49ers looming over everything.

Half the games this year, maybe more, have been comebacks by Wilson. It's comments like this just reinforce the fact that most of the mediots have no clue about this team. They have zero understanding of the Rams/Seattle matchup and resort to blanket statements like this that are based on nothing but uninformed perception.

I read it as it is written. I agree with you that Wilson has mounted comebacks often this year but none have been substantial. 28-9 in the 4th qtr was pretty substantial considering the defense wasn’t exactly shutting the Rams down.

sutz

Reaction score
MD5eahawks":3ub5hnlx said:
cymatica":3ub5hnlx said:

I read it as it is written. I agree with you that Wilson has mounted comebacks often this year but none have been substantial. 28-9 in the 4th qtr was pretty substantial considering the defense wasn’t exactly shutting the Rams down.
So much this. The team bases its success in the defense being able to keep the score within reason. Coming back from 10 pts or less in the 4th is not really the same as from 19 points down.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Rankings are meaningless. Yeah, Russell Wilson just can't come back in a game. He's only done it more than ANY quarterback in the league for several years. Yawn. And him and that offense IS capable of coming back from a big lead. But if the D can't stop anyone, it kills any shot at a huge comeback.
If Turner doesn't drop a perfect pass on 4th down, they likely are putting up more points, game changing drop. Same thing with the Hollister drop, zero excuse for dropping that ball. He's been $, but you can't blow chances like that.
And then the EASY touchdown to Turner later where for some reason he doesn't turn his head. Even Collinsworthless was saying that's an easy TD. As bad as that game looked, that's 3 HUGE blown chances right there that could have made that game come down to the wire.
It was a total team loss. Those 3 ridiculous plays basically contributed to them not scoring a single TD on offense. And the D giving up 4 touchdowns.
On to Carolina.

justafan

Reaction score
Its hard to defend the offense after Sunday. They sucked from the coaches to Wilson to the Oline to the WRs. If you cant score a TD in todays NFL you deserve criticism. If you told me before the game the Rams would score 28 and we get a pick six I would have thought great. We should win.

But it was just one day. These days happen to every team and every player. I would put my money on Wilson every game.

HansGruber

Reaction score
It was a painful but expected loss. Always happens when we play the Rams at home.

I think it's funny to watch everyone overreact, especially the media. They don't have a clue. Of course, neither do we. I'm just going to enjoy watching the Hawks the rest of the season, and hope for a Superbowl. There's a chance!