NFL approves plan for possible neutral-site AFC title game

Mizak

Reaction score

can someone explain why the AFC championship game is on a neutral site?

onanygivensunday

Reaction score

Likely because last Monday night's suspended Bills/Bengals game, whose outcome can affect home field advantage through the AFC Championship game, will not be played.

Aircrew

Reaction score
I'd volunteer our stadium. Wouldn't get much more neutral for an AFCCG out here in South Alaska, plus it'd be a good revenue producer for the city and local businesses. Might have to round up all the drug addicts, tho...

Hockey Guy

Reaction score
It won't be unless the Chiefs & Bills both get the same result, both win or tie, this weekend & then they both end up in the AFCCG.

It would also happen if the Chiefs & Bills both lose & Cincy wins & a bunch of other things but whatever probably won't be happening except in the first scenario.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
I think the whole thing is really bullshit. The loyal home team fans are who truly get's screwed in such a scenario. Shoulda just hung both teams with a tie and figured from there, simpler and fairer to everyone. Leave it to the NFL to **** up stuff for no real reason.

SeAhAwKeR4life

Reaction score
Think about it as though we were the Chefs or Bungles or Bills. How would we feel if the ability to buy tickets in our home stadium was denied us by some ridiculous notion of "fairness" instituted by the league. We'd be pissed, and rightly so. The league sucks.

chrispy

Reaction score
I read today that Detroit turned down the game because Ford Center had been scheduled. Then Lucas Oil in Indy did the same. Location was still pending earlier today.

Jegpeg

Reaction score
What surprised me is if AFCN was affected by the cancellation they would have tossed a coin for home field advantage. Why not use the same approach for the championship game.

Hawkinaz

Reaction score
I am wondering if Denver was approached or approved of hosting the AFC Championship game based on spending $400k on new grass for the last game of the season. Their field wasn’t any worse than any other NFL grass field at the end of the season