NFC West Playoffs

Ramfan128

Reaction score
ringless":3fs556dd said:
Losses to possible elimination DIV and NFC Records. 10 Will get you in, while 9 wins would give you about a 50% chance as things stand. Seattle can get in with a 3-2 record for the rest of the way in a lot of scenarios.

Arizona (5) Div 3-1 NFC 7-1
Sea (2) DIV 2-2 NFC 5-4
St Louis Eliminated Week 12
SF ELIMINATED WEEK 10

Divisional Leaders
1. Panthers 10-0
2. Cardinals 9-2
3. Vikings 8-3
4. Redskins 5-6 WOW

WILDCARD-
Top two Non divisional winners:
5. Packers 7-4
6. Seahawks 6-5
---------------------------------------------------------------
Outsiders:

7. Falcons 6-5
8. Bucs 5-6
9. Giants 5-6
10. Bears 5-6
11. Rams 4-7
12. Lions 4-7
13. Eagles 4-7
14. Saints 4-7
15. 49ers 3-8
16. Boys 3-8 only two games back from first place.

For the NFC West Division title the Magic Number stands at 3.
3 Cardinals Wins
3 Seahawks losses

Or a combination of the two. IE. A Cardinals win, and Seahawks loss would bring the number to 1.

Actually, with a Cardinal win this week and a Seahawks loss (both of which I expect to happen), the Cardinals essentially clinch the division.

From that point, Seattle winning out and the Cardinals losing out would result in both teams being 10-6 with identical division, conference and common opponent records. The tie-breaker would go down to strength of victory, which the Cardinals would have over the Seahawks unless the Hawks win their last 4 games by 30 points.

I guess technically you'd be right in saying the Cards would need one more win (or Seahawks loss), but they could lose out and still win the division.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
The Rams are a mess right now. If I were a Cards fan I wouldn't worry about them. Same story with the Eagles. I think those are both easy wins.

In the Cards' other three games they're playing the Vikings, Packers, and Seahawks. All those games are at home. The Cardinals should go 2-1 in those games, but let's say 1-2 at the worst.

That means the division winner will be 13-3 or 12-4

For the Seahawks the games against the Browns and Ravens should be cakewalks. To more reeling teams with backup QBs. It would be very much like the Rams to start getting competitive toward the end of the season, and they've still got the Vikings and the Cardinals on the road. I think you have to expect them to drop two of those three, and then maybe one of those three if not two. If the Seahawks go 10-6 they'll get the wild card. Right now IMO they're looking more like they'll end up 9-7 though, and I don't know if they'll squeak in with that. I'm leaning towards yes, but hard to say how everything else will shake out.

Barring major injury I just really don't see the Cardinals letting the division title slip through their fingers like last year.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":1ilvlb90 said:
why not?

Packers aren't lighting things up at the moment...

that said.. i think its close to a foregone conclusion that one of MN-GB is a wildcard, while the other wins the division. the last spot is a race between Seattle, Atlanta, TB and to a lesser degree Chicago, Detroit, and the Giants. I think 9 wins is plenty out of that group

lesser extent? Seattle, Atlanta, TB = will not make the playoffs. The west and south wont have a wild card.

Giants, Redskins, Bears will be the actual wild card contenders or division winners ( no, the Bears wont win a division)

the Bears vs Redskins game will decide a lot of that.

Yes, to a lesser degree...

Because I think one of Seattle, Atlanta and TB will make the playoffs, with the possibility of one of the other teams sneaking in should one of those three falter.

See how easy that is?

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3u0y6yki said:
ilikedlargent":3u0y6yki said:
why not?

that said.. i think its close to a foregone conclusion that one of MN-GB is a wildcard, while the other wins the division. the last spot is a race between Seattle, Atlanta, TB and to a lesser degree Chicago, Detroit, and the Giants. I think 9 wins is plenty out of that group

lesser extent? Seattle, Atlanta, TB = will not make the playoffs. The west and south wont have a wild card.

Giants, Redskins, Bears will be the actual wild card contenders or division winners ( no, the Bears wont win a division)

Because I think one of Seattle, Atlanta and TB will make the playoffs, with the possibility of one of the other teams sneaking in should one of those three falter.

See how easy that is?

i'm telling you the east and north teams are the stronger possibility,not South and west.

should one of those teams falter? theyve been faltering the entire time. Falcons cant stop anyone,Seattle lost important pieces and lost to Green Bay(likely lose to Minn) . The Bucs already lost to Giants and Redskins.

east and north are the front runners. south and west are the possible sneaking in ones

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3aglu3ge said:
Uncle Si":3aglu3ge said:
ilikedlargent":3aglu3ge said:
why not?

See how easy that is?

i'm telling you the east and north teams are the stronger possibility,not South and west.

should one of those teams falter? theyve been faltering the entire time. Falcons cant stop anyone,Seattle lost important pieces and lost to Green Bay(likely lose to Minn) . The Bucs already lost to Giants and Redskins.

east and north are the front runners. south and west are the possible sneaking in ones

Yeah those lions bears giants and redskins are tearing it up...

Wait, sorry..

Lol.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":1qxxdwnn said:
Uncle Si":1qxxdwnn said:
ilikedlargent":1qxxdwnn said:
why not?

See how easy that is?

Is this a joke?

The Bears are already essentially two games back of Seattle with 5 to go. The Seahawks are going to finish no worse than 9-7. Chicago will have to win out to have a prayer. Unlikely.

The Skins may be in the mix, but again, they are a game back of Seattle. They will need to win out to beat out Seattle.

Seattle lost Graham, but I doubt he is the difference between making the playoffs and not. We have won Super Bowls and NFC championship games without him before, we can do it again.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":2kc7nqc7 said:
ilikedlargent":2kc7nqc7 said:
[qte="ilikedlargent"]
why not?

that said.. i think its close to a foregone conclusion that one of MN-GB is a wildcard, while the other wins the division. the last spot is a race between Seattle, Atlanta, TB and to a lesser degree Chicago, Detroit, and the Giants. I think 9 wins is plenty o

Is this a joke?

The Bears are already essentially two games back of Seattle with 5 to go. The Seahawks are going to finish no worse than 9-7. Chicago will have to win out to have a prayer. Unlikely.

The Skins may be in the mix, but again, they are a game back of Seattle. They will need to win out to beat out Seattle.

Seattle lost Graham, but I doubt he is the difference between making the playoffs and not. We have won Super Bowls and NFC championship games without him before, we can do it again.

no team is going to win out. you are forgetting all teams play other teams who play other teams. Chicago can beat the Skins and then other teams can lose certain games ( I think the Skins have a more realistic chance of course)

Seattle lost Graham, but I doubt he is the difference between making the playoffs and not. We have won Super Bowls and NFC championship games without him before, we can do it again

Seahawks only did it once..2 years ago. That counts as one SB,just sayin. You cant lose 2 offensive weapons like that and expect success.

The Bears are already essentially two games back of Seattle with 5 to go
[/quote]
no, they are one game back and could be tied after this weekend at a silly 6-6

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":3vd0ea3c said:
Hawkpower":3vd0ea3c said:
ilikedlargent":3vd0ea3c said:
[qte="ilikedlargent"]
why not?

that said.. i think its close to a foregone conclusion that one of MN-GB is a wildcard, while the other wins the division. the last spot is a race between Seattle, Atlanta, TB and to a lesser degree Chicago, Detroit, and the Giants. I think 9 wins is plenty o

Is this a joke?

no team is going to win out. you are forgetting all teams play other teams who play other teams. Chicago can beat the Skins and then other teams can lose certain games ( I think the Skins have a more realistic chance of course)

Seattle lost Graham, but I doubt he is the difference between making the playoffs and not. We have won Super Bowls and NFC championship games without him before, we can do it again

Seahawks only did it once..2 years ago. That counts as one SB,just sayin. You cant lose 2 offensive weapons like that and expect success.

no, they are one game back and could be tied after this weekend at a silly 6-6[/quote]

They lost o Seattle so tie breaker means they need to punishable, not tied, with Seattle. So no, even if both teams share a record they aren't tied.

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":9qz1nq4x said:
Hawkpower":9qz1nq4x said:
ilikedlargent":9qz1nq4x said:
[qte="ilikedlargent"]
why not?

Is this a joke?

no, they are one game back and could be tied after this weekend at a silly 6-6[/quote]

Jeez, if you are going to troll horribly, at least know what you are talking about.

On a similar note, you may not realize that Seattle has been without Lynch now for two weeks and is playing better without him offensively. Considering the awkwardness of Graham in our offense, its not a stretch to believe we will be just fine without him as well.

So yeah, we can indeed expect success.

Seattle is easily in the most comfortable position for the 6th seed. There's to lose.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
They lost o Seattle so tie breaker means they need to punishable, not tied, with Seattle. So no, even if both teams share a record they aren't tied.

this assumes seattle wins enough from this point on which is doubtful

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Jeez, if you are going to troll horribly, at least know what you are talking about.

On a similar note, you may not realize that Seattle has been without Lynch now for two weeks and is playing better without him offensively. Considering the awkwardness of Graham in our offense, its not a stretch to believe we will be just fine without him as well.

Seattle is easily in the most comfortable position for the 6th seed. There's to lose.

LOL the entire offense centered around a player not there anymore-Lynch- and theyve already lost 5 of 11 games.
Seattle isnt remotely in a comfortable position. They are grasping for a branch like everyone else.

having a counter opinion isnt trolling. You are just hoping they do well. I can safely mathematically say it wont happen.
no need to call me a troll for having a different sports opinion that doesnt satisfy your homerific rose colored glasses view.

I'm an adult who's seen this same stupid story over and over. Seattle is just another team now and nothing special

Uncle Si

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":1kk2f69g said:

this assumes seattle wins enough from this point on which is doubtful

No, it assumes Seattle wins as many as the Bears from this point out, which I think they will.

The Bears host the 9ers and Redskins, then travel to the Vikings and Bucs. The Seahawks are at Minnesota, then travel to the Ravens and host the Rams and Browns.

From that, the Bears need to go 3-1 to match what at worst is 2-2 by Seattle. Even then, Seattle still holds the tie breaker.

Given that, Seattle should go no worse than 3-1 in that, and I don't see the Bears coming off better than 2-2.

and "adults" don't use "lol" in their posts...

Rex

Reaction score
Popeyejones":129q7rce said:
The Rams are a mess right now. If I were a Cards fan I wouldn't worry about them.

Oh how soon they forget. :lol:

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Uncle Si":3myicf3q said:
The Seahawks are at Seattle, then travel to the Ravens and host the Rams and Browns.

Funny how @ Vikings and @ Cardinals have disappeared from your summary of the rest of Seattles' slate.

Popeyejones

Reaction score
Rex":2zps9mh3 said:
Popeyejones":2zps9mh3 said:
The Rams are a mess right now. If I were a Cards fan I wouldn't worry about them.

I know you guys beat them in Week 1, and that the Rams started off the season 3-1. The rams have dropped their last four though, and have run out of QBs to the point that one of their assistant coaches is on Twitter arguing that he should start for them. :lol: It's why I said they're a mess right now.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
Popeyejones":3pkvzbhw said:
Uncle Si":3pkvzbhw said:
The Seahawks are at Seattle, then travel to the Ravens and host the Rams and Browns.

Funny how @ Vikings and @ Cardinals have disappeared from your summary of the rest of Seattles' slate.

Clearly was talking about next 4 games... and clearly meant at Vikings...

So no, didnt forget. Thanks for contributing.

I didn't include Week 17 as I don't believe those games will matter as to who gets in, just maybe seeding.

Rex

Reaction score
Popeyejones":1euf2lsn said:
Rex":1euf2lsn said:
Popeyejones":1euf2lsn said:

I know you guys beat them in Week 1, and that the Rams started off the season 3-1. The rams have dropped their last four though, and have run out of QBs to the point that one of their assistant coaches is on Twitter arguing that he should start for them. :lol: It's why I said they're a mess right now.

Rams are like a wounded animal now. Is a win.....always a win?

Hawkpower

Reaction score
ilikedlargent":1vfpyrpf said:

LOL the entire offense centered around a player not there anymore-Lynch- and theyve already lost 5 of 11 games.
Seattle isnt remotely in a comfortable position. They are grasping for a branch like everyone else.

having a counter opinion isnt trolling. You are just hoping they do well. I can safely mathematically say it wont happen.
no need to call me a troll for having a different sports opinion that doesnt satisfy your homerific rose colored glasses view.

I'm an adult who's seen this same stupid story over and over. Seattle is just another team now and nothing special

Our offense used to be centered around Lynch. We have not relied on him at all this year. We are 8th in the league in offense despite his very minimal contributions. We will, and have been, just fine without him thanks to the emergence of Rawls.

You are trolling because your "counterview" isnt anywhere close to reality. Seattle has won 4 of their last 5, is the two time defending NFC champion, has a favorable schedule down the stretch AND is currently in the lead for the final wild card spot. We also are in the top ten in both offense and defense.

If that isnt a more favorable position than teams like Tampa and Washington, I don't know what is.

Keep spewing Seattle hate though :)

MizzouHawkGal

Reaction score
Nice to see some are calling out the same 5-10 people that do nothing but troll and call it a counter opinion. It's what's known as concern trolling for the uninitiated and it's gotten out of control on this site imho, your tolerance my vary.

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
Hawkpower":3ta68p30 said:

Our offense used to be centered around Lynch. We have not relied on him at all this year. We are 8th in the league in offense despite his very minimal contributions. We will, and have been, just fine without him thanks to the emergence of Rawls.

You are trolling because your "counterview" isnt anywhere close to reality. Seattle has won 4 of their last 5, is the two time defending NFC champion, has a favorable schedule down the stretch AND is currently in the lead for the final wild card spot. We also are in the top ten in both offense and defense.

If that isnt a more favorable position than teams like Tampa and Washington, I don't know what is.

Keep spewing Seattle hate though :)

Seattle hate? See that? You are making it personal for some strange reason. I'm not hating anything, just talking about a sports franchise.
Stop saying "we",nothing you have ever done has ever helped a sports team win anything. No one in the Seattle organization knows you exist or cares about you.
Seattle is a running team ,they didn't just becoming a passing team now. Their best runner is gone so they are now lacking.
3 of their wins are against the crappy teams in the league and they couldn't stop Pitt from scoring even though they won. The possible top 10 rating is deceiving due to the fact they've only beaten bad teams.
It's just iintellectually ridiculous to think losing a star tight end and Rb won't affect the team. Right now they are just the best of the bad teams.