NFC West Playoffs

rideaducati

Reaction score
Ramfan128":2ondzxrn said:
ringless":2ondzxrn said:
It is clear that 11 Wins will not be needed this year. In fact 10 shouldn't be needed either. The last wild card spot is currently held by the Vikings at 3-2. From the 7th seed to the 15th all teams have 2 wins. I doubt they go 8-2 to get to 10 wins so I think it's fair to say that 9 Wins this year will be good enough to get in the playoffs. Much easier than years past. For the time being I am going to drop it down to 10 games however to be conservative. So all teams gained one game back from elimination due to the poor performance of the NFC as a whole. I mean even the Lions are only 2 games back of a spot despite being 1-5. In saying that the Seahawks aren't in a dire position as some would think by any means. Especially since the team they are only a game behind has to play GB twice, and Seattle once.

Losses to possible elimination DIV and NFC Records
Arizona (5) 28.57% Towards elimination Div 1-1 NFC 4-1
St Louis (4) 42.85% towards elimination Div 2-0 NFC 2-2
Sea (3) 57.14% towards elimination DIV 0-1 NFC 2-3
SF (3) 57.14% towards elimination Div 0-1 NFC 1-3

Divisional Leaders
1. Packers 6-0
2. Panthers 5-0
3. Cardinals 4-2
4. Eagles 3-3

WILDCARD-
Top two Non divisional winners:
5. 5-1 Falcons Who play the Seahawks. Crucial game for both teams
6. 3-2 Vikings
---------------------------------------------------------------
Outsiders:

7. Giants 3-3
8. Rams 2-3
9. Cowboys 2-3
10. Bucs 2-3
11. Skins 2-3
12. Hawks 2-3
13. Saints 2-3
14. Bears 2-3
15. Lions 1-5

And the Niners are so bad they aren't even in the NFC anymore!!

But seriously, that's one more 2-4 team to the list...I'm assuming you meant to change the Bears/Saints/Hawks/Skins to 2-4...

I think we can eliminate some of these teams....like Tampa Bay, Washington, New Orleans, Chicago and Detroit.

That would leave the 6th wildcard spot between the Vikings, Rams, Cowboys, Giants, and Seahawks...

The Cowboys would be the first one eliminated from that list....with Romo out for a little while longer, hard to see them winning any games.

I think ultimately the Giants win the East at 9-7 and the Eagles end up in the 8-8 range.

I think this 6th seed will be had by the Vikings, Rams, or Seahawks.

The Vikings play both the Rams and Seahawks in Minnesota, while the Rams travel to Seattle later this season. Both the Rams and Seahawks have a lighter schedule the rest of the way, while Minnesota has to play the Cardinals/Seahawks/Rams/Packers twice.

I think if Minnesota beats both the Rams and Seahawks, they will get the 6th seed. Conversely, if they split (doesn't matter which way), I think the 6th seed will come down to Seatte vs. St. Louis in week 16.....although that's assuming we can actually win some games we should win...which has yet to be proven.

The 6th seed in the NFC is going to be between the Cards, Rams and Vikings. Seattle is getting the third seed unless the fluke continues and the Cards face the Bengals without Dalton and the Packers without Rodgers.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
rideaducati":3aibbyyv said:
Ramfan128":3aibbyyv said:
ringless":3aibbyyv said:
It is clear that 11 Wins will not be needed this year. In fact 10 shouldn't be needed either. The last wild card spot is currently held by the Vikings at 3-2. From the 7th seed to the 15th all teams have 2 wins. I doubt they go 8-2 to get to 10 wins so I think it's fair to say that 9 Wins this year will be good enough to get in the playoffs. Much easier than years past. For the time being I am going to drop it down to 10 games however to be conservative. So all teams gained one game back from elimination due to the poor performance of the NFC as a whole. I mean even the Lions are only 2 games back of a spot despite being 1-5. In saying that the Seahawks aren't in a dire position as some would think by any means. Especially since the team they are only a game behind has to play GB twice, and Seattle once.

Divisional Leaders
1. Packers 6-0
2. Panthers 5-0
3. Cardinals 4-2
4. Eagles 3-3

WILDCARD-
6. 3-2 Vikings
Outsiders:

7. Giants 3-3
8. Rams 2-3
9. Cowboys 2-3
10. Bucs 2-3
11. Skins 2-3
12. Hawks 2-3
13. Saints 2-3
14. Bears 2-3
15. Lions 1-5

But seriously, that's one more 2-4 team to the list...I'm assuming you meant to change the Bears/Saints/Hawks/Skins to 2-4...

I think we can eliminate some of these teams....like Tampa Bay, Washington, New Orleans, Chicago and Detroit.

That would leave the 6th wildcard spot between the Vikings, Rams, Cowboys, Giants, and Seahawks...

The Cowboys would be the first one eliminated from that list....with Romo out for a little while longer, hard to see them winning any games.

I think ultimately the Giants win the East at 9-7 and the Eagles end up in the 8-8 range.

The Vikings play both the Rams and Seahawks in Minnesota, while the Rams travel to Seattle later this season. Both the Rams and Seahawks have a lighter schedule the rest of the way, while Minnesota has to play the Cardinals/Seahawks/Rams/Packers twice.

I think if Minnesota beats both the Rams and Seahawks, they will get the 6th seed. Conversely, if they split (doesn't matter which way), I think the 6th seed will come down to Seatte vs. St. Louis in week 16.....although that's assuming we can actually win some games we should win...which has yet to be proven.

The 6th seed in the NFC is going to be between the Cards, Rams and Vikings. Seattle is getting the third seed unless the fluke continues and the Cards face the Bengals without Dalton and the Packers without Rodgers.

I know sweetie. Your self fulfilling prophecy will come true. Although you've been saying/thinking the Cardinals having a winning record for three straight years now is a fluke or they are just pulling the long con? As long as you stay consistent you will eventually be right. It might not be this year, it might not even be next year. But I promise you this. We will be bad team again one day and I will be there to congratualte you on being correct no matter how many years it takes to come true.

Interesting flukes of note: NFC Championship game 2014
Seahawks Offensive fumble recovery rate through 2014.
Seahawks always getting to play backup QB's 12 of last 24 games
Seahawks only beating two teams last year in the regular season that made it to the playoffs that had their starting QB
Seahawks not beating good teams this year with their starting QB's
Seahawks don't get HFA last year if it wasn't for the fluke schedule of playing 10 backup QB's in 16 games. Which means Seahawks don't go to SB. Especially if The Packers don't self destruct or play with a hobbled Rodgers.

As far as I can see. The Cardinals and Seahawks have been on the same path this year. Neither has proven crap at all until one starts winning games against good teams. But as you said the Seahawks have a cupcake schedule now so they wont get to prove it. Only AZ has a chance and I AGREE WITH YOU. They likely don't prove it because they haven't yet. Last year doesn't matter. The year before doesnt matter. Right now does.

So what we have is to teams, that win games they should, and lose the games that prove who they are. Right now, they are BOTH PRETENDERS.

Never once have I said AZ is the better team bc they haven't proven it yet. I still think Seattle is better btw. They've regressed though this year clearly.

Do I think Seattle is a fluke? No. But you can't only give credit to your team and then discredit another in similar situations. Luck is the result of hard work. It's created. And I know that from life experience.

RussB

Reaction score
It all depends on if he win against arizona and the rams. if we beat the rams later in the season and have atleast one win against the cardinals. We should get in , also need to have a decent record.

Hawks46

Reaction score
The biggest hope Seattle fans can have right now is that we've played AZ pretty well the last 4 games. After that brutal and ugly home loss to the Cards, Seattle has comfortably won every game since then, and racked up 600 yards of offense the last time we played the Cards in their house.

The second biggest hope is that GB and Cincy come and play like they have been, and hang losses on the Cards. I don't see the Cards losing many more games than Cincy, GB, Seattle and maybe the other STL game. So if we hang two losses on the Cards, and GB and Cincy hang losses on them, you're looking at 10-6 and having to beat the Rams.

It comes down to this: if Seattle wants to win the division, they HAVE to sweep the Cards.

byau

Reaction score
I'm definitely coming around on the Cardinals. They definitely had some very sharp moments in that game. Palmer looks strong (though a bit inaccurate at times). They look hungry too. I am guessing a lot of pent up frustration from last year where they were still doing well with not only their #1 QB, but also their #2 QB for some time

The Rams: forgot they currently have it better than the Seahawks. They too control their own destiny . I just don't put the same amount of faith in them as I do in the Cardinals. I get a different vibe from the coaching and put more faith in Arians being the better coach and better leader.

Overall, the records are close enough for the Cards, Rams, and Hawks with a lot of season left AND a lot of divisional games left amongst us all, everything is still up for grabs.

While of course I want the Hawks to make it to the playoffs, taking a step back, I definitely want one of the wildcards to be an NFC West team. It looks like the Falcons will get that first wildcard. I definitely want the second one to go to the NFC West no matter who it is, these are the teams I think are the most exciting to watch

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":16kazz3q said:
rideaducati":16kazz3q said:
Ramfan128":16kazz3q said:
ringless":16kazz3q said:

Divisional Leaders
1. Packers 6-0
2. Panthers 5-0
3. Cardinals 4-2
4. Eagles 3-3

WILDCARD-
6. 3-2 Vikings
Outsiders:

7. Giants 3-3
8. Rams 2-3
9. Cowboys 2-3
10. Bucs 2-3
11. Skins 2-3
12. Hawks 2-3
13. Saints 2-3
14. Bears 2-3
15. Lions 1-5

I know sweetie. Your self fulfilling prophecy will come true. Although you've been saying/thinking the Cardinals having a winning record for three straight years now is a fluke or they are just pulling the long con? As long as you stay consistent you will eventually be right. It might not be this year, it might not even be next year. But I promise you this. We will be bad team again one day and I will be there to congratualte you on being correct no matter how many years it takes to come true.

Interesting flukes of note: NFC Championship game 2014
Seahawks Offensive fumble recovery rate through 2014.
Seahawks always getting to play backup QB's 12 of last 24 games
Seahawks only beating two teams last year in the regular season that made it to the playoffs that had their starting QB
Seahawks not beating good teams this year with their starting QB's
Seahawks don't get HFA last year if it wasn't for the fluke schedule of playing 10 backup QB's in 16 games. Which means Seahawks don't go to SB. Especially if The Packers don't self destruct or play with a hobbled Rodgers.

As far as I can see. The Cardinals and Seahawks have been on the same path this year. Neither has proven crap at all until one starts winning games against good teams. But as you said the Seahawks have a cupcake schedule now so they wont get to prove it. Only AZ has a chance and I AGREE WITH YOU. They likely don't prove it because they haven't yet. Last year doesn't matter. The year before doesnt matter. Right now does.

So what we have is to teams, that win games they should, and lose the games that prove who they are. Right now, they are BOTH PRETENDERS.

Never once have I said AZ is the better team bc they haven't proven it yet. I still think Seattle is better btw. They've regressed though this year clearly.

Do I think Seattle is a fluke? No. But you can't only give credit to your team and then discredit another in similar situations. Luck is the result of hard work. It's created. And I know that from life experience.

Here is a list of double digit win teams the Seahawks have beaten WITH the opponent's starting QB actually playing:
2012: Green Bay, Minnesota, Chicago, San Francisco, Washington....The losses: San Francisco, Atlanta.
2013: Carolina, San Francisco twice, New Orleans twice, Arizona....The losses: San Francisco, Indy, Arizona.
2014: Green Bay twice, Denver, Philadelphia....The losses: Dallas, New England.
Total record vs top teams with their starting QB...15-7.

Now, here is a list of double digit win teams the Cards have beaten WITH the opponents starting QB actually playing:
2012: Seattle, New England....The losses: Minnesota, Green Bay, Chicago, Seattle, San Francisco twice, Atlanta.
2013: Carolina, Indy, Seattle.....The losses: New Orleans, San Francisco twice, Seattle, Philly.
2014: Philly....The losses: Denver, Carolina.
Total record vs top teams with their starting QB...6-14.

See? Absolutely NOTHING to do with beating other teams with backup QBs playing. This is the records vs top NFL teams WITH their starters. Not looking good for the Cards. Every team has a better chance to beat the opponent when the backup is playing, but the question is and always has been "can you beat the best teams WITH their starting QB playing?" The answer for the Cards is "not very often". Can you see the "similar situations" there?

Do I think Arizona is a fluke? I think so, but we don't know yet because they haven't beaten anyone. Was Arizona a fluke last year? Absolutely.

Do I think Seattle is a fluke? Yes. They have had the lead in the fourth quarter in EVERY loss so far this year and that is kind of fluky. I still think Seattle wins the division and shows all these early losses were in fact a fluke by beating teams in the playoffs.

rideaducati

Reaction score
ringless":3gmmvq0y said:

Divisional Leaders
1. Packers 6-0
2. Panthers 5-0
3. Cardinals 4-2
4. Eagles 3-3

WILDCARD-
6. 3-2 Vikings
Outsiders:

7. Giants 3-3
8. Rams 2-3
9. Cowboys 2-3
10. Bucs 2-3
11. Skins 2-3
12. Hawks 2-3
13. Saints 2-3
14. Bears 2-3
15. Lions 1-5

The Falcons don't play the Seahawks this season unless it's in the playoffs.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Going to keep it at 10 games to get a spot. Although the possibility exists that 11 may be needed.

St Louis (3) 57.14% towards elimination Div 3-0 NFC 3-3
Sea (3) 57.14% towards elimination DIV 1-1 NFC 4-3
SF (1) 86.71% towards elimination DIV 0-3 NFC 2-5

Divisional Leaders
1. Panthers 8-0
2. Packers 6-2
3. Cardinals 6-2
4. Giants 5-4
WILDCARD-
5. Vikings 6-2
6. Falcons 6-3
Outsiders:

7. Rams 3-3
8. Hawks 4-4
9. Eagles 4-4
10. Saints 4-5
11. Skins 3-5
12. Bucs 3-5
13. 49ers 3-6
----------------------------------------------------------------

SuperMan28

Reaction score
NFCW is still pretty open, obviously with the Cards having the edge. Cards still got three games against the Hawks and Rams. It's just a matter of who can get hot and stay healthy. Big, BIG, game between the two birds next week. Gonna be some big hits!! Old fashion NFCW brutality at its finest! I'm really excited about that game.

Good luck to both teams.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
SuperMan28":m565m5x4 said:
NFCW is still pretty open, obviously with the Cards having the edge. Cards still got three games against the Hawks and Rams. It's just a matter of who can get hot and stay healthy. Big, BIG, game between the two birds next week. Gonna be some big hits!! Old fashion NFCW brutality at its finest! I'm really excited about that game.

Good luck to both teams.

It certainly is wide open, especially with the way the schedules go from here on out. Next week I am sure will be a playoff atmosphere considering what's on the line. I think it's a must win for Seattle at this point. They've done well in those situations and I think most things favor them right now.

They are the better prime time team. They are at home. Exceptionally healthy. But I still like the Cardinals odds and say it's 50/50

SuperMan28

Reaction score
ringless":3qgalxbm said:
SuperMan28":3qgalxbm said:

Good luck to both teams.

It certainly is wide open, especially with the way the schedules go from here on out. Next week I am sure will be a playoff atmosphere considering what's on the line. I think it's a must win for Seattle at this point. They've done well in those situations and I think most things favor them right now.

They are the better prime time team. They are at home. Exceptionally healthy. But I still like the Cardinals odds and say it's 50/50

Yeah, it's a pretty even split with Hawks at home. Gonna see a ton of Wilson making plays outside the pocket. Campbell is a monster for ARZ. I know he always shows up against the Rams.

I'd give ARZ a slight edge for having a highly productive offense to go along with their strong defense. SEA always has great crowd noise, though. Very even.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Going to keep it at 10 games to get a spot for now.

Arizona (5) 28.57% Towards elimination Div 1-1 NFC 5-1
St Louis (3) 71.42% towards elimination Div 3-0 NFC 3-4
Sea (3) 71.42 % towards elimination DIV 1-2 NFC 4-4

Divisional Leaders
1. Panthers 9-0
2. Cardinals 7-2
3. Vikings 7-2
4. Giants 5-5
WILDCARD-

5. Packers 6-3
6. Falcons 6-3
Outsiders:

7. Redskins 4-5
8. Bucs 4-5
9. Rams 4-5
10. Hawks 4-5
11. Eagles 4-5
12. Bears 4-5
13. Saints 4-6
14. 49ers 3-6
15. Lions 2-7
16. Cowboys 2-7

redbird

Reaction score
ringless":ug1dl8u3 said:
Going to keep it at 10 games to get a spot for now.

Arizona (5) 28.57% Towards elimination Div 1-1 NFC 5-1
St Louis (3) 71.42% towards elimination Div 3-0 NFC 3-4
Sea (3) 71.42 % towards elimination DIV 1-2 NFC 4-4

Divisional Leaders
1. Panthers 9-0
2. Cardinals 7-2
3. Vikings 7-2
4. Giants 5-5
WILDCARD-

5. Packers 6-3
6. Falcons 6-3
Outsiders:

7. Redskins 4-5
8. Bucs 4-5
9. Rams 4-5
10. Hawks 4-5
11. Eagles 4-5
12. Bears 4-5
13. Saints 4-6
14. 49ers 3-6
15. Lions 2-7
16. Cowboys 2-7

I agree ringless, 10 should do it.

JonRud

Reaction score
as much as it pains me to say (because I can't stand GB), it's better for the Seahawks if the Packers win the NFC North since they would hold the tiebreaker over us for a wildcard spot (beat us).

We want Minnesota to be in the wildcard mix and if we can beat them on Dec. 6th then we would have the tiebreaker over them.

We are not winning the NFC West, so it's better to have the Packers out of the wildcard hunt. Best if GB wins in Minnesota on Sunday.

rideaducati

Reaction score
JonRud":1jedau9i said:
as much as it pains me to say (because I can't stand GB), it's better for the Seahawks if the Packers win the NFC North since they would hold the tiebreaker over us for a wildcard spot (beat us).

We want Minnesota to be in the wildcard mix and if we can beat them on Dec. 6th then we would have the tiebreaker over them.

We are not winning the NFC West, so it's better to have the Packers out of the wildcard hunt. Best if GB wins in Minnesota on Sunday.

I still have faith that the Seahawks will win the division, so I am rooting for the Vikings to win their division at 11-5 and the Seahawks to do the same.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Losses to possible elimination DIV and NFC Records. Not official obviously as SF could technically get a WC spot still but it's truly not feasible.

Arizona (5) 28.57% Towards elimination Div 2-1 NFC 6-1
Sea (3) 71.42% towards elimination DIV 2-2 NFC 5-4
St Louis (2) 85.71% towards elimination Div 3-0 NFC 3-4
SF ELIMINATED WEEK 10

Divisional Leaders
1. Panthers 10-0
2. Cardinals 8-2
3. Packers 7-3
4. Giants 5-5

WILDCARD-
5. Vikings 7-3
6. Falcons 6-4
Outsiders:

7. Bucs 5-5
8. Hawks 5-5
9. Skins 4-6
10. Rams 4-6
11. Eagles 4-6
12. Saints 4-6
13. Bears 4-6
14. Lions 3-7
15. 49ers 3-7
16. Boys 3-7

RedAlice

Reaction score
rideaducati":2qi28rkt said:
JonRud":2qi28rkt said:

I still have faith that the Seahawks will win the division, so I am rooting for the Vikings to win their division at 11-5 and the Seahawks to do the same.

The Vikings are not winning their division.

OP
OP
R

ringless

Reaction score
Losses to possible elimination DIV and NFC Records. 10 Will get you in, while 9 wins would give you about a 50% chance as things stand. Seattle can get in with a 3-2 record for the rest of the way in a lot of scenarios.

Arizona (5) Div 3-1 NFC 7-1
Sea (2) DIV 2-2 NFC 5-4
St Louis Eliminated Week 12
SF ELIMINATED WEEK 10

Divisional Leaders
1. Panthers 10-0
2. Cardinals 9-2
3. Vikings 8-3
4. Redskins 5-6 WOW

WILDCARD-
5. Packers 7-4
6. Seahawks 6-5
Outsiders:

7. Falcons 6-5
8. Bucs 5-6
9. Giants 5-6
10. Bears 5-6
11. Rams 4-7
12. Lions 4-7
13. Eagles 4-7
14. Saints 4-7
15. 49ers 3-8
16. Boys 3-8 only two games back from first place.

For the NFC West Division title the Magic Number stands at 3.
3 Cardinals Wins
3 Seahawks losses

Or a combination of the two. IE. A Cardinals win, and Seahawks loss would bring the number to 1.

Uncle Si

Reaction score
RedAlice":3gq3y6oo said:
rideaducati":3gq3y6oo said:
JonRud":3gq3y6oo said:

The Vikings are not winning their division.

why not?

Packers aren't lighting things up at the moment...

that said.. i think its close to a foregone conclusion that one of MN-GB is a wildcard, while the other wins the division. the last spot is a race between Seattle, Atlanta, TB and to a lesser degree Chicago, Detroit, and the Giants. I think 9 wins is plenty out of that group

ilikedlargent

Reaction score
why not?

Packers aren't lighting things up at the moment...

that said.. i think its close to a foregone conclusion that one of MN-GB is a wildcard, while the other wins the division. the last spot is a race between Seattle, Atlanta, TB and to a lesser degree Chicago, Detroit, and the Giants. I think 9 wins is plenty out of that group

lesser extent? Seattle, Atlanta, TB = will not make the playoffs. The west and south wont have a wild card.

Giants, Redskins, Bears will be the actual wild card contenders or division winners ( no, the Bears wont win a division)

the Bears vs Redskins game will decide a lot of that.