New D-line coach announced

Seahawkfan80

Reaction score
I asked a question of some of the former fans of one of the teams in his resume...and got this response. Thanks...

"Post 2. Jethro did have the luxury of coaching the likes of Aaron Kampman and KJB for much of that duration. Those were 2 solid players in their prime that definitely aided the cause
Post 1. SeahawkFan.During Jethro's tenure we averaged 13th in points allowed, 9th in TD allowed, 21st in YPA and 14th in total Yards. Not bad for a rookie in the NFL. "

Green bay.

sc85sis

Reaction score
pittpnthrs":1y7n2irl said:
scutterhawk":1y7n2irl said:
pittpnthrs":1y7n2irl said:
original poster":1y7n2irl said:
Whatever Pete Carroll tells him to run.

So he's another 'Yes' man?
So...hmmm, you don't believe that Pete Carroll should have ANY input or say as to what kind of Defense he's trying to build??......That's interesting SMH

Sure he should have a say, but I don't want him running everything. It would be in the teams best interest if he stayed the heck away and had no input in the offense. It was stated that the coaching staff was handicapped because they had to run things the way Pete wanted them ran. I just wonder how much truth is in that statement. Its hard to deny it when the team was still running an offense around Marshawn Lynch and he had been gone for two years.

For whatever it’s worth, Pete is the one who added read option into the offense in order to take advantage of what Russell can do with his legs. He’s definitely a defensive coach, but that doesn’t mean he’s clueless where offense is concerned.

jammerhawk

Reaction score
I have thought this was a necessary move for a few seasons as the DLine seemed to getting worse at maintaining gap discipline. Like many things sometimes change causes a fresh approach to the way things are done.

Changing up to reduce a comfort level forces individuals involved to be more conscious of their responsibilities. The team has several talented young DLinemen who will benefit from a fresh approach to their positional duties.

We have acknowledged this with the OLine and it should be equally important to the DLine.