New D-Line coach and coaching assistant/ST coach

RolandDeschain

Reaction score
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
Travis Jones has been named the club's defensive line coach and Nick Sorensen has been named coaching assistant/special teams.

Who knows what about these guys?

Edit - more just now:
Seattle Seahawks ‏@Seahawks
Dave Canales moves to assistant QBs/offensive quality control, Nate Carroll to offensive assistant & Marquand Manuel to defensive assistant.

lukerguy

Reaction score
Sorensen was a former S/T star and team captain.

HawKnPeppa

Reaction score
I like me some Marquand Manuel. Sure wish he hadn't come-up lame in SBXL. Damn it, Pruitt!

kobebryant

Reaction score
I think its pretty cool how this franchise gives recently retired guys a foot in the door in the coaching profession. It seems just in they past few offseasons they have come back with guys getting their shot at a STs assistant spot: Ullbrich, Manuel last season and now Sorenson. Plus, I believe they have Dan Morgan in the scouting department. Not to mention Kenechi Udeze assisting with the dline.

Jville

Reaction score
“No. 1, the guy is an outstanding coach. That’s No. 1,” Quinn said of Jones, whose addition to replace Todd Wash was announced Wednesday. “He’s got energy out on the grass (practice field). He’s a really good teacher. I’ve always thought he did an excellent job in preparing his guys.

“And that’s really where his passion is, coaching the defensive line.”
Nate Carroll is now an offensive assistant after spending the past two seasons as a defensive assistant; Dave Canales is assistant quarterbacks coach/offensive quality control after three seasons as a quality control coach for the offense; Marquand Manuel is becoming a defensive assistant after spending last season as the assistant special teams coach; and Nick Sorensen is a coaching assistant/special teams after spending last season as a volunteer coach at Youngstown State and serving as a training camp intern with the San Francisco 49ers.

Here is the update link >>> [urltargetblank]http://www.seahawks.com/news/articles/article-1/In-Travis-Jones-Seahawks-get-a-coach-who-gets-it/5b0dc369-4254-4cf1-87cd-4db01ed71aac[/urltargetblank]

SharkHawk

Reaction score
Congrats to Marquand. Smart player who seemed to always have the "coach on the field" mentality. I will be very interested to watch him progress through the coaching ranks and look forward to the day when he gets his first head coaching gig. To me, he just seems like the kind of guy who has that leadership and preparedness mentality that will take him far.

The Seahawks in 2005 were an entirely different team with Marquand on the field, from the DL right back to the DB's, everybody was in better position, plays were being made, and a long string of games were won. He was such a better team player than Ken Hamlin. Hamlin oozed talent and could hit like a freight train, but Manuel was a better fit for the team, and that is why I think he "gets it" and will be a good coach. Nice to see him already getting a promotion. Go get 'em Marquand!