National Media: Screw You Edition

hawkpride

Reaction score
Marshawn does all his talking on the field. I really liked it when prime time asked ML if he was ready for the game "Hell Ya" got the point across.

I feel this will just fuel ML more, with the national media bashing him. A pissed off Beast Mode, look out Denver.

HomerJHawk

Reaction score
hawkpride":1fxkx4ij said:
I feel this will just fuel ML more, with the national media bashing him. A pissed off Beast Mode, look out Denver.

I had the same thought. He went there because he had to. Got the reception he thought he would (minus the sincere interview by Neon).
I'm bettin' he just added to that chip he's carrying on HIS shoulder. Go Beast!

Bring that Beasquake coast to coast!

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
The media is so rotten that when they can't get a player to provide them words to take out of context or exploit, they just make up their own "bad guy" story. They have to have a bad guy or controversial figure. If they don't, there isn't any actual point of them being there.

They can get plenty of players to talk to them, but just what is the point of "media day" where most of the players just provide generic answers. All those guys are just fishing. They did it to Jerramy Stevens for simply not wanting to say the Steelers winning would be a heartwarming story for Jerome Buttis. That literally was where his downward spiral began.

loafoftatupu

Reaction score
XxxZagnutxxX":z5trpz3l said:
I hope that shot to Pam Oliver was intentional. Well deserved!

Pam Oliver shouldn't have any access to the Seahawks at any level. That Skank doesn't deserve to look a Seahawks player on the eyes.

I did get a little reward at the end of the NFCC, where Carroll was starting to celebrate with the players and Oliver is next to him in the background with a BIG frown on her face. Priceless.

theENGLISHseahawk

Reaction score
Sorry but this thread is just a bunch of Seahawks fans showing blind loyalty.

Media day is part of the Super Bowl, and if every other player on both teams can get on with it then what makes Marshawn Lynch any different?

Deion Sanders didn't get an interview with Lynch. He kissed his ass for two minutes, got absolutely nothing back and then went on his merry way.

A lot of the guys complaining about Lynch were asking simple, completely normal questions about the game. It's quite disrespectful to just ignore someone in that type of situation.

If this is the way Lynch wants to be, then that's his decision and he can get on with it for all I care.

But he... and therefore we... cannot complain when he gets fined by the NFL or media members who are shown a fair amount of disrespect don't write nice things about him.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":2zm1t993 said:
XxxZagnutxxX":2zm1t993 said:

Pam Oliver shouldn't have any access to the Seahawks at any level. That Skank doesn't deserve to look a Seahawks player on the eyes.

I did get a little reward at the end of the NFCC, where Carroll was starting to celebrate with the players and Oliver is next to him in the background with a BIG frown on her face. Priceless.

f Richard Sherman gave the season's most impassioned postgame soundbite, 49ers head coach Jim Harbaugh and Pam Oliver had the year's most awkward exchange. The FOX sideline reporter caught Harbaugh in the tunnel after the game. For some reason, she decided to go with the "grief counselor" tone as opposed to the usual straight reporter tone.

But the best part came after Harbaugh threw out a Hemingway quote, "A man can be destroyed but not defeated" from "The Old Man and the Sea."

Oliver responded in the same hushed tone a doctor uses to break news to a cancer patient: "Is that a quote?"

Pamflip

WjGSVIw

EverydayImRusselin

Reaction score
I disagree Rob. I felt like that interview was as genuine as you are ever going to see. It was awesome. Denver better watch themselves because Lynch is going to go off.

Navyhawkfan187

Reaction score
All I need to know is that when Pete was informed that Marshawn lasted 6 minutes with the media, he fist pumped.

NJSeahawk

Reaction score
Navyhawkfan187":1caim8bg said:
All I need to know is that when Pete was informed that Marshawn lasted 6 minutes with the media, he fist pumped.

pete-carroll-laughing-after-brandon-browner-was-tripped-by-the-turf-monster-against-the-cardinals.gif

645_1386060058.gif

pete-carroll-fist-pump.gif

petey.gif

110510lynch600.jpg

Laloosh

Reaction score
Smelly McUgly":1ils5cmp said:
I hope the Seahawks win this week and complete their transformation to become the Darth Vader of the NFL. I hope everyone hates them from the media to the casual fans, but they win two or three more Lombardis and people have to deal with it.

That's what I'm talking about. Fab Five style but WITH the championship!

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
E.C. Laloosh":2h25p81i said:
Smelly McUgly":2h25p81i said:
I hope the Seahawks win this week and complete their transformation to become the Darth Vader of the NFL. I hope everyone hates them from the media to the casual fans, but they win two or three more Lombardis and people have to deal with it.

I would love that. EMBRACE the hate!! We are allready in our own little world away from the rest of the nfl in seattle.

OP
OP
Shock2k

Shock2k

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1nectgvn said:
E.C. Laloosh":1nectgvn said:
Smelly McUgly":1nectgvn said:

I would love that. EMBRACE the hate!! We are allready in our own little world away from the rest of the nfl in seattle.

[youtube]PFkAAvDkj9k[/youtube]

JaiSeaSea

Reaction score
loafoftatupu":3a0lsl33 said:
XxxZagnutxxX":3a0lsl33 said:

Agreed, eff that dude in the wig.

Largent80

Reaction score
LOL @ Oliver, serious LOL.

Prime Time scooped them all, and got some nuggets, it was truly great.

I'm liking Irvin a lot, he is coming up with some good stuff.

TaterHawk

Reaction score
Though he did force the issue Sanders did a very good job putting Beast in a good position to make a good impression..thus pulling the Beast out of the media fire.

As for the other 3600 media turds in attendance…..you can pick up a Beast Mode T-shirt in the gift shop on your way out

candybars

Reaction score
NJSeaHawk":3o2pb1ig said:
Spot on Shock. Why did he talk to Deion? Respect. Mutual Respect. Deion knew not to press too much, and he got one of the most candid interviews one could hope for. Major media outlets won't understand it, and have already painted it as "bizarre interview with Marshawn Lynch". It's only bizarre because they don't know ish about this player or team.

Stuff like this just makes me want to SMASH the Broncos even more.

No respect? Fine, we will just TAKE it.

Love the signature, bro.

themunn

Reaction score
where can I see/hear the 6.5 minutes that he did before he left?