National Flag League

W

Welshers

Flags end up ruining almost every game. Penalty yards weren't even close in this one, Seahawks had way more. Was that even a hold on the final drive? It looked like he just pushed him over. Such BS.

They might as well make it an actual flag league because everything is a penalty. Should be flag football if you are flagged for hitting the QB out of the pocket.

seatownlowdown

Reaction score
refs have too much power over the outcome of a game. that holding penalty on the last drive was proof. disgusting. glad i streamed the game for free, can't imagine paying for that garbage.

OP
OP
W

Welshers

refs have too much power over the outcome of a game. that holding penalty on the last drive was proof. disgusting. glad i streamed the game for free, can't imagine paying for that garbage.
yep like someone (i think it was you said): they say theres holding on every single play. so why do they just call it when they want?

James in PA

Reaction score
Poor officiating and injuries will always ruin this game. I don't know how you fix the latter, but the former has so much room for improvement and the NFL just refuses to do anything of substance.

Mike D in 332

Reaction score
Do you know what’s funny is I also saw that holding penalty and thought wow that’s not much of a hold. The problem is our defense. you can’t win when you can’t stop the other team. The call was just stupid. However I have not watched the full game yet because I was working during the game so I can’t really speak to the officiating in general. I can only speak to it on that one play. I did not agree with the call.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Over officiated and steered games are killing the NFL.
The flagfests are nearly impossible to watch.

It’s not just Seattle but every game. Legacy teams usually get the “majority” of calls going their way. I’ve said for years the NFL is a desired results/merchandise sales driven league. Bigger fanbase and more successful that team is the more $$$ they bring in thru merch sales. It’s as simple as that. All about the $$$.

Last edited:

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Poor officiating and injuries will always ruin this game. I don't know how you fix the latter, but the former has so much room for improvement and the NFL just refuses to do anything of substance.
They don’t do anything because they like the results of crap officiating.
It’s not a bug, but a feature.

Look how quickly the league got back the real refs after a legacy team (GB) was perceived to have gotten robbed (they were not) in the “wail Mary” game. They “fixed” the perceived problem almost instantly.

CalgaryFan05

Reaction score
Yea, I was like "really? again?". Then I was like "yup.".

Even the announcer: "That's a back breaker".

It was. ;) yayaya - i know the defense sucked too. it wasn't just the holding call. got it. still sucked anyhow.