Nate Silver: Seahawks Underdogs To Make Playoffs

volsunghawk

Reaction score
NINEster":sebm3tqw said:
mikeak":sebm3tqw said:
At the end of the day we are half a game behind the 49ers and we play them twice

We are two games behind Arizona and we play them twice

I have all the respect for Silver and his models and he can calculate the probability. Doesn't change the fact that we play the teams ahead of us twice and if we win those and the same number of games against others as they do then we are good to go.

Obviously not easy to go 4-0 against SF and ARZ......

I would say it's impossible being that Seattle hasn't swept SF since what, '08 and AZ.....has it ever been done?

As it is right now, Seahawks are probably going 3-3 in the division like 2012, and are in danger of doing worse than that.

Swept the Cards in 2003, 2005, and 2010.

Swept the 49ers in 2003-2005 and 2007.

Swept the Rams in 2005-2009, 2011, and 2013.

nsport

Reaction score
I don't know if a loss this weekend statistically kills our chances. The eyeball test should help. By that I mean that SF and ARI are not without their faults - and both could struggle mightily as the season progresses. SF's is more glaringly obvious, and ARI has squeaked out some victories with their backup QB and the long-term health of Palmer is definitely questionable. The reality is I think this division, even with ARI's fast start could still be won at 11-5. And, any team that gets 10 wins should make the playoffs in most cases (except ARI last year of course).

For our team, the SD game created the blueprint to beat us. Being down so many DB's has destroyed our ability to execute last year's defense. If the Hawks are to be successful, they need to modify their schemes to placate the players we have - as it's pretty obvious to me the high-percentage dink/dunk strategy is keeping QB's clean and drives sustained for our opponents. Flip that LOB card back to what it was (when healthy) or design a different DB strategy is the only way we are going to sniff 11 wins this year.

TheHawkster

Reaction score
1610817_973324579350932_4483148308282027437_n.jpg

sutz

Reaction score
Well, I think all of our remaining home games are winnable.

The road sched is tough, though. The team can only win one game a week, and I like what I saw in the second half against the Lambs.

We can do this. :)

mikeak

Reaction score
NINEster":2hcj01nl said:
mikeak":2hcj01nl said:
At the end of the day we are half a game behind the 49ers and we play them twice

I have all the respect for Silver and his models and he can calculate the probability. Doesn't change the fact that we play the teams ahead of us twice and if we win those and the same number of games against others as they do then we are good to go.

I would say it's impossible being that Seattle hasn't swept SF since what, '08 and AZ.....has it ever been done?

As it is right now, Seahawks are probably going 3-3 in the division like 2012, and are in danger of doing worse than that.

Thanks for the unbiased opinion

which still doesn't change the fact that if we go 5-0 in our division we are pretty golden. The other teams can and should say the same.

The Seahawks team is defending superbowl champions and that woudl be one tiny difference from before. The team will come together now and the second half against St Louis will be what you see for the rest of the season.

RunTheBall

Reaction score
NINEster":3cf35087 said:
mikeak":3cf35087 said:

3-3 in the divison? LOL, we're gonna sweep AZ and SF. Write it down. Post it anywhere you want Niner fans . We will win the NFC West and sweep the Whiners and Cards.