My top 20 WRs in 2014 draft

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
I'm surprised with your Paul Richardson ranking. I think he is top10 in this class.

titan3131

Reaction score
Kevin smith is expected to run a 4.3 40. He's gonna be a steal late rd pick.

Mtjhoyas

Reaction score
I'm a big Kevin Smith fan but I'd be surprised if he runs under a 4.5.

titan3131":d5yibpxh said:

titan3131

Reaction score
Mtjhoyas":vueep4wl said:

titan3131":vueep4wl said:

I've spoken to him, his roommates. they all said he has done a 4.3 from a laser timer and that is his goal for this pro day.

Also they are all raider fans...

Also they were hosting the party that their teammates left after our SB win and then got arrested.

nanomoz

Reaction score
I know he needs to get stronger at the LOS, and he has a short stride for a fairly tall guy, but Davante looks like a Seahawk to me: insanely good in traffic, tracks the ball really well, fights for tough yards after the catch, and good body control.

I'd like to see a few scouts' rankings. Both he and Landry are guys that could be all over the board depending on who's assessing.

I'm not a big combine rat, but Landry's athleticism could be a turn off for Pete and John, even though his "grit" if off the charts.

Smellyman

Reaction score
titan3131":3pj5gtae said:
Mtjhoyas":3pj5gtae said:

titan3131":3pj5gtae said:

I've spoken to him, his roommates. they all said he has done a 4.3 from a laser timer and that is his goal for this pro day.

Also they are all raider fans...

Also they were hosting the party that their teammates left after our SB win and then got arrested.

ran a pretty pedestrian 4.54. Not great for a guy his size and for a hand timed pro day.

Chawker

Reaction score
I was checking out some WRs and came across Devante Davis WR UNLV 6'3" 210 40 unknown. I can't find much video on him, he has some pretty good stats. Anybody got more about him could be a great late pick up.

smashmouth59

Reaction score
nbk35zw":31jm2mwq said:
Keenan Allen please

Are you proposing a trade?

I can't get away from a true Rice replacement. Moncrief or Bryant are my two favorites.

hawknation2014

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":1plh5g99 said:
ImTheScientist":1plh5g99 said:
I'm surprised with your Paul Richardson ranking. I think he is top10 in this class.
:thirishdrinkers:

Good going. While I was not wowed by Paul Richardson's game tape, I thought his combine was excellent.

Also, good call by the OP on Kevin Norwood.

[youtube]cUkM2_GXIfE[/youtube]

TeamoftheCentury

Reaction score
ImTheScientist":479yfzji said:
ImTheScientist":479yfzji said:
:thirishdrinkers:
Yeah, Kearly didn't exactly have glowing reviews for the guys the Seahawks deemed worthy to draft. Kearly, have you since re-evaluated and see what the Hawks were thinking in valuing them as high as they did? Post-draft... would you have a different top 20 order? For example, Brandon Coleman was rated at 15 above both these guys.
Being honest... I probably wouldn't have put either receiver in my top 20. I didn't dislike them, just didn't know enough about them paying more attention to other receivers with the limited time I had compared to real scouts.

General Manager

Reaction score
I can tell you my opinion of Richardson hasn't changed until proven otherwise he's still a finesse player that has really only one thing speed . I'm concerned about his ability to defeat press coverage can he out muscle the corner . Can he take the pounding of a 16 game NFL season. These are all legit concerns . I'm not saying he can't be a good NFL receiver but he is a bigger gamble than some of the WR's that were available. He looks like a classic boom or bust type player. Time will tell what we have in Richardson an all pro WR that's a game changer or just another WR that can run fast .

ImTheScientist

Reaction score
General Manager":1lsp2rq1 said:
I can tell you my opinion of Richardson hasn't changed until proven otherwise he's still a finesse player that has really only one thing speed . I'm concerned about his ability to defeat press coverage can he out muscle the corner . Can he take the pounding of a 16 game NFL season. These are all legit concerns . I'm not saying he can't be a good NFL receiver but he is a bigger gamble than some of the WR's that were available. He looks like a classic boom or bust type player. Time will tell what we have in Richardson an all pro WR that's a game changer or just another WR that can run fast .

Seems like you feel your opinion is fact. Please provide a list of WR's you feel will be better that were available. Im giving you the field and I'll take P-rich.

General Manager

Reaction score
I'm not sold on him on the other hand with his speed he could be a very good weapon for us, if he has the toughness.

chris98251

Reaction score
Nice Job Kearly, Richardson, Norwood, and Smith all in your 20 and we got three of the list, Smith if he's all you think he is could be a gem we hide or that could push and force us to try a trade move, we will see early what he shows and if good Pete and John tend not to play them anymore in pre season and hide them on PS.