My new command coin (Seahawks related)

StorytellerMatt

Reaction score
I'd ask for one, but I have never served and don't feel worthy. My father was a Navy man in World War II, a fighter pilot. He was scheduled to be shipped out to the Pacific Theater a mere two days before the Japanese surrendered. Had he gone, I might not be there, given the casualty rate of Naval fighter pilots.

Dad was from Kansas, but he liked the Seahawks and Mariners because his oldest brother, an Army medic during WWII, set up his practice in Edmonds. He used to love to visit the PNW and watch games with his brother.

Anything Navy related reminds me of Dad, who we lost last year. This is beautiful.

Sports Hernia

Reaction score
Nice job Greg. We have some awesome current military and past military folks on this site. Thanks to all for their service!

taz291819

Reaction score
Yeah, challenge coins are a big thing in the Army as well. Obviously a BIG thing when everyone is at a bar together.

gtcotcakya

Reaction score
That's cool Master Chief! Wish you could send some reaction pics if you find any niners fans.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
StorytellerMatt":1ht42hpg said:
I'd ask for one, but I have never served and don't feel worthy. My father was a Navy man in World War II, a fighter pilot. He was scheduled to be shipped out to the Pacific Theater a mere two days before the Japanese surrendered. Had he gone, I might not be there, given the casualty rate of Naval fighter pilots.

Dad was from Kansas, but he liked the Seahawks and Mariners because his oldest brother, an Army medic during WWII, set up his practice in Edmonds. He used to love to visit the PNW and watch games with his brother.

Anything Navy related reminds me of Dad, who we lost last year. This is beautiful.

Awesome. I was actually born in Kansas, then moved outside of Boston when I was 5 before moving to Woodinville in 1977 right when the Seahawks franchise was getting off the ground, which is partially how I became a Seahawks fan.

Sorry for the loss of your Dad, but I am glad you got to have a Dad like that who did so much for us.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
sc85sis":d0jrdg3y said:
I've always wondered, where do you get them made?

There are quite a few coin making companies we work with these days. They have standard designs or you can design your own and they will create a mold for you.

If you Google military coins, you can check out all kinds of cool designs.

OP
OP
FlyingGreg

FlyingGreg

Reaction score
TriCHawk":28pwdtxb said:
Master Chief - I was once in the Navy. Respectfully Request coin? And my Senior Chief brother is getting ready to retire (on the Stennis currently). I'm sure he would love one :)

Ill hook you guys up. Thanks for your service, and give my best to your brother.

Latest posts