Most Expensive Game in Seahawks History?

Cyrus12

Reaction score
Just booked my rooms and now I gotta get some tickets....I am guessing there won't be anything under $500 a seat for a nose bleeder. Not too many NFC championship games come around too often....well except last year. Will see how the week plays out for tickets but not going to be affordable for anyone looking on the open market.

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
Any news on when they go on sale and whether the will be restricted to WA residents?

Spiderdan

Reaction score
HawkinInLA":qp0grvn6 said:
Any news on when they go on sale and whether the will be restricted to WA residents?
They will and have been restricted to credit cards with a Washington, Oregon or Idaho zip code.
And they go on sale Tuesday.

gulliver

Reaction score
I no longer live in Seattle but my family does, so I flew in for the holidays.

Couldn't even afford nosebleeds at the final Rams game as they were $300/ea, so we went down to King Street and watched at some bars. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw fans pouring out of the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter trying to beat the traffic.

Hope we're not on our way to becoming the Niners: wine tasting at tailgates, showing up at kickoff, leaving early to beat the traffic, and generally pricing your most redblooded fans out of the market and replacing them with wealthy transplanted yuppies--the only people left who can afford the games.

I hate all the 'Seahawks bandwagon' talk taking place around the country, but there is really no excuse to be shedding even 1/4 of your attendance with a quarter to play during your team's 2nd straight Super Bowl run.

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
Spiderdan":2yhz2bc9 said:
HawkinInLA":2yhz2bc9 said:
They will and have been restricted to credit cards with a Washington, Oregon or Idaho zip code.

Thanks.

On .Com they said "Tickets available to the public will go on-sale this Tuesday, January 13, at 10 a.m. at the CenturyLink Field NW Box Office only." Do you physically have to be at the box office? Does this mean no on-line sales?

On the secondary sites the nosebleeds are about $500 with fees. You guys anticipate prices going down after the official sale or could they go up considering we are looking at either GB or DAL having a large presence at the game.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
yes many seahawk fans will be selling tickets to the enemy...it is what it is. although i couldnt see why any fan with a ticket would want to miss this game..

HawkinInLA

Reaction score
I have no problem with fans selling their tickets. If they didn't I wouldn't be able to go to the game. In fact, if someone here has tickets and wants to make sure they go to a Seahawks fan, PM me.

Last year prices initially went up after the official sale and I waited until about Wednesday to buy tickets as prices started to drop. This year we are looking at GB or DAL who both travel well so I'm wondering if prices will drop again as we get closer to the game or if they may actually go up given their fan base.

WilsonMVP

Reaction score
Cyrus12":25gstife said:
yes many seahawk fans will be selling tickets to the enemy...it is what it is. although i couldnt see why any fan with a ticket would want to miss this game..

I can see selling tickets to this past game...but IDK why on Earth you would sell tickets to NFCCG if you could go. Its to go to the superbowl

slybry75

Reaction score
I do have season tickets and will be selling them. I wish I could go but I have other obligations but I will sell to hawks fans. No visitors sit in my seats.

false start

Reaction score
I went to the nfccg in 05... my dad bought the tickets. We were at the very last seat in the stadium lol. I cant exactly remember what face value was but I swear they were like 250... and I kniw my pops paid atleast double... cant even imagine what those cost right now

BlueTalon

Reaction score
gulliver":oox872ke said:
Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw fans pouring out of the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter trying to beat the traffic.

Hope we're not on our way to becoming the Niners: wine tasting at tailgates, showing up at kickoff, leaving early to beat the traffic, and generally pricing your most redblooded fans out of the market and replacing them with wealthy transplanted yuppies--the only people left who can afford the games.

I hate all the 'Seahawks bandwagon' talk taking place around the country, but there is really no excuse to be shedding even 1/4 of your attendance with a quarter to play during your team's 2nd straight Super Bowl run.
While I appreciate your point and agree with it, I suspect the volume in the stadium did not noticeably decrease when those particular people left.

OP
OP
Cyrus12

Cyrus12

Reaction score
on nfl tix exchange the cheapest ticket is listed at 532 buks before fees...damn looks like i mte have to cancel...

peppersjap

Reaction score
gulliver":c20hkavx said:
I no longer live in Seattle but my family does, so I flew in for the holidays.

Couldn't even afford nosebleeds at the final Rams game as they were $300/ea, so we went down to King Street and watched at some bars. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw fans pouring out of the stadium at the beginning of the 4th quarter trying to beat the traffic.

Our fan base in the stadium is normally great but at the Broncos game this year when we went up by 8 the stadium started emptying. It was crazy. Peyton Manning was getting the ball back with 1:00 to to go and people were leaving. It was pretty depressing watching that but very up lifting as Wilson led the team down for the win. The crowd has been back to normal the last few games to include the Rams game, I get the people who leave a game that has been decided if they have to catch mass transit, etc. but if it the game is in doubt stay in your seat.
What you saw at the Ram's game was a normally small percentage, the majority of the stadium was still full. It was a very hard game to navigate your way out of.

BlueBlood

Reaction score
Cyrus12":16p4qqyd said:
on nfl tix exchange the cheapest ticket is listed at 532 buks before fees...damn looks like i mte have to cancel...

I haven't seen 2 seats together under $500.00 each even in the bleeders.

minormillikin

Reaction score
WilsonMVP":1zdkn8gu said:
Cyrus12":1zdkn8gu said:

I can see selling tickets to this past game...but IDK why on Earth you would sell tickets to NFCCG if you could go. Its to go to the superbowl

Because a lot of season ticket owners, and people who purchase single-game tickets, do it only to resell them. Seahawks fans or not, that's their reason for having the tickets. For a ticket "investor," I imagine this is like hitting the jackpot.

In fact, the reason 100% of the tickets will sell out within 30 seconds of going on sale on Tuesday is not because of fans clamoring to go to the game. A lucky small fraction of those tickets will go to people who will attend the game, but most end up on Stubhub (and other sites) shortly after being sold.

If I get lucky enough to get some tickets at face-value Tuesday morning (unlikely), I will definitely go to the game. But I guess it would be a bit tempting to sell them for 5x cash right afterward. I wonder if people sometimes put the tickets up for sale, at a price higher than they think they will get, just to see if they will sell or not?

JonRud

Reaction score
interesting the cheapest seat for the NFC Championship is around $530 but only $300 for the AFC Championship.

ManBunts

Reaction score
Oddly enough for the last game, day before, I saw stuff in the second level for $2-400. It was on the Panthers side, if that matters (the whole stadium is ours). I think if you don't have tickets now, you might be best of waiting for last minute stuff. That said, I also saw the exact same seats other side of the stadium for $1200. There will always be a good deal if you look, but this game, oh man, there might be first borns and barrels of oil on the price tags. It's gonna be gooooooooooooood

BocciHawk

Reaction score
HawkinInLA":e8woq8w0 said:
Spiderdan":e8woq8w0 said:
HawkinInLA":e8woq8w0 said:

Thanks.

On .Com they said "Tickets available to the public will go on-sale this Tuesday, January 13, at 10 a.m. at the CenturyLink Field NW Box Office only." Do you physically have to be at the box office? Does this mean no on-line sales?

On the secondary sites the nosebleeds are about $500 with fees. You guys anticipate prices going down after the official sale or could they go up considering we are looking at either GB or DAL having a large presence at the game.

I'm fairly sure that the (limited) tickets available are only sold in person at the box office. They'll only have a few thousand tickets, maybe less. There were images online of the people lining up for tickets immediately after we beat the Panthers.

BocciHawk

Reaction score
JonRud":3vq85aok said:
interesting the cheapest seat for the NFC Championship is around $530 but only $300 for the AFC Championship.

This is a direct result of New England hosting so many AFC Championship games over the last 10 years or so. It may also be somewhat concerns about the weather (I've suffered through some horrific temperatures and conditions at Foxboro).

Finally the Colts are not a marquee team the way the Packers are, and they don't have the same kind of traveling fanbase the Packers have, either, and there isn't a huge bunch of transplanted Colts fans living in Boston the way there are tons of Packer fans here in the PNW.