Most complete game this season

12thbrah

Reaction score
In all phases. Was everything you want in a get right game going to Atlanta

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
They looked really good. Something they can build on for sure.

Enough to clean up but definitely a better feeling than last week. Ryan wont miss as many open recievers as Stafford did but our passing game can be better next week

nash72

Reaction score
I agree. Solid effort all around. Need to keep it going.

Leew72

Reaction score
Rawls and Oline really great.. need a repeat of this to have even a chance next week

soje

Reaction score
Despite the decent QB rating, I think Russell Wilson is still far from his normal self. He's not mobile and his accuracy is off. Of course, I was spoiled by his stellar performance up to this year.

Smellyman

Reaction score
I liked the New England and Carolina game better. Probably others I can't remember.

West TX Hawk

Reaction score
Outstanding playoff victory tonight. It was a complete game and nothing more you could ask for in a playoff win. On to Atlanta!

Seafan

Reaction score
Smellyman":2pcwjhmi said:
I liked the New England and Carolina game better. Probably others I can't remember.

Considering the team didn't play Lockett, Earl Thomas and Prosise this WAS the best game of the year.

Hasselbeck

Reaction score
seahawkfreak":3or1xuqo said:
Our OLine actually looked mean and nasty tonight. Really eases the mind a little.

The Falcons defense will be a much greater test in the pass rush department but they can be ran on and they hemorrhage yards in the passing game when they don't sack the passer or force turnovers.

If we stay with the running game again, protect the ball and limit the sacks.. We can win in Atlanta.

Going to be tough though.

Hawkscanner

Reaction score
HOLY CATFISH!!

I found myself saying, "Where in the heck has THAT been all season long?" I realize that this was the Lions ... and that their defense isn't exactly overwhelming (to say the least) ... but WOW!

A couple of weeks ago, I posed the question, "Can This Seahawks Team Make a Super Bowl Run Without a Consistent Running Game?" I argued NO ... as did the majority of .Net. After the Cardinals loss, I expressed a great deal of skepticism that this team had it in them to make a serious run at it this season. NOW??? After tonight, I feel kind about this team kind of like that scene in Return of the King -- "The Beacons are lit!! Hope is rekindled!"
[youtube]i6LGJ7evrAg[/youtube]

THIS was the Thomas Rawls that I'd envisioned starring for the Seahawks this season. For the first time all season long, the guy that I'd seen in my minds' eye (who tore up opposing defenses down the stretch last year and looked like a serious candidate for Offensive Rookie of the Year) ... finally showed up. If this Seahawks team has finally found its running game, then I see little reason why they can't march right into Atlanta and pull off the upset. If they can keep that up, then I believe this team IS a serious contender.

hawkfan68

Reaction score
The best game of the season thus far. The Seahawks OL completely dominated the Lions DL. Bevell called a good game and stayed with what was working. The Lions helped out by dropping a lot of passes. Still need to get more pressure on QB but since the Lions receivers can't catch so it didn't bite them. Awesome game! Hopefully they keep it going next week in Atlanta. It will be important to do a better job of pressuring and sacking Ryan next week. Hopefully they get it done.

NFSeahawks

Reaction score
Special team didn't play particularly good but I will agree that the offense and defense were the most balanced out of any game this year.

Steve2222

Reaction score
I think the Panthers or Eagles games were probably their best, but this was a dominate playoff performance. The OL looked great tonight though. That really does help ease the mind. Hopefully they're waking up in time for the playoff push.

irocdave

Reaction score
This was a solid win, but the Lions really didn't play all that well. Lots of dropped passes and dumb penalties along with some non calls that went the Hawks way.

Atlanta is an entirely different level of team. Their offense is going to put a lot of pressure on the Hawks D, and their D is going to get after RW. Plus it's a road game. Hawks can win this game, if the good Bevell, RW and O line show up.

Reaneypark

Reaction score
Probably the best they have looked since beating New England. Still, I'm expecting an ugly game next week that we can still win if things break our way.

WestcoastSteve

Reaction score
NFSeahawks628":1gtylznu said:
Special team didn't play particularly good but I will agree that the offense and defense were the most balanced out of any game this year.

They were adequate and I didn't notice the long snapper which is good.

Too bad it appears they neutered Hester.

mikeak

Reaction score
We looked good at times but still the 4 drops bun detroit in the first half was. If-time. On the first drive that is easily a first down and instead turns to three and out. So yeah opponents mistakes will often happen but I don't think we can count on the same amount against Atlanta.

We also need RW to stop throwing the ball at people's feet. At end of first half - that needs to be a catch and at least if we kick for 3 they have way less time in the clock

Latest posts