More Than A Feeling

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":2heueyfn said:
This whole offseason has been a plethora of emotions. The demise of this team has been vastly overrated by the mediots.

I even saw a graphic tonight where they were talking about the NFC top stories, and the Seahawks were listed as "RE-TOOLING" (quotes mine). This is a gradual transition from the the dreaded "REBUILDING" label. Yes, semantics I know, but work with me here...

Watching NFL Gameday, the broadcasters, as they were covering the Seahawks/Vikings highlights segment, said more than once "Are we underestimating the Seahawks?" There's a subtle shift going on with the national narrative even with our winless preseason record thus far. The X and O aficionados can quantify it more eloquently than I ever could, but my 49-year-old eyeballs still function (well not up close, that's what reading glasses are for, sigh), and what they see is legitimate improvement.

I see young players with that WANT TO. I see our offensive line starting to play like a legitimate offensive line. Pushing guards, not that broken zone blocking junk that was clearly not effective under Cable. I see that Carroll-esque mantra COMPETE being a real thing again, not just lip service once the loud-mouthed, distracting stars enveloped the entire football team to distracting levels.

(Yes, thank you for your service gentlemen, I mean that with all sincerity, but both you Bennett and you Sherman became a distraction to this team and your release was necessary for us to move on to the next era of hope and possibilities.)

Wagner and Wright are a ridiculously formidable linebacking tandem that alone will make for an opponent's rough day. Forget that penalty, Wagner's bull rush that destroyed Cousins, KJ Wright's LOB-worthy (and legal!) hit on Stefon Diggs is but a harbinger of things to come.

The original LOB may be in our rear view mirror but make no mistake about it...The BOOM is still intact, and it IS coming.

Worried about our pass rush? Sure, there's reason to think that could be a concern but the Vikings game gave us a hint of what is coming this year. Expect aggressive corner/safety blitzing at opportune times to negate any perceived lack of pass rush from the DEs. Green looks like he's legitimately legit, not preseason legit, but he has the tools and the mechanics and the consistency to be a true force. Frank Clark? If he is healthy this season he is a double-digit sack monster guaranteed.

And in the end, we have, oh, ho hum...Some shlub named Russell Wilson that already had more records to his 6-year-career than I can even think of. An elite quarterback, a franchise quarterback that can turn a sure loss into a victory in the final minutes of any game, any given Thursday, Sunday or Monday.

Add in the other ballers like Baldwin, Lockett, Marshall, both Shaq's, T2, McDougald and others? Yeah baby.

It's more than a feeling.

2012 anyone?

Boston...oh wait, I thought this was "Name that music group". :sarcasm_off:

OP
OP
AROS

AROS

Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Nothinbutm":97ylkgqn said:
Came here because I thought Aros was going to sing the Boston song.

I'm slightly disappointed.

Put me in a time machine, set it to NYC 1989 and I will be happy to. Complete with spandex pants and tons of hairspray.

:lol: :irishdrinkers:

sutz

Reaction score
Aros":2ti12vas said:
Nothinbutm":2ti12vas said:

Put me in a time machine, turn it to 1989 NYC, and I will be happy to. :lol: :irishdrinkers:
Sounds like it's time for another karaoke night. :irishdrinkers:

Hawknight

Reaction score
Aros":1iu6ap34 said:
Nothinbutm":1iu6ap34 said:

Put me in a time machine, set it to NYC 1989 and I will be happy to. Complete with spandex pants and tons of hairspray.

I miss the days of long hair, rocking out to 80's music on the way to a Seahawks game at the 'Dome'...good times! Now I just wish I had hair :les:

MontanaHawk05

Reaction score
Aros":1hbkds6k said:
Nothinbutm":1hbkds6k said:

There are times I'm glad I don't live in Seattle. :escape:

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Proud to live in the Seattle area. And musically, this has been one of the best music scenes in the work. They flat out owned the music scene in the early 90's w/all the grunge bands. Let alone back in the day with Jimi, Heart, Queensryche etc.

Bigpumpkin

Reaction score
Back to the discussion of our feelings toward the Seahawks......I have a hunch that we beat the Raiders tomorrow night.

SoulfishHawk

Reaction score
Even though the 4th game is fairly boring, I like watching for all the battles to get those last roster spots.
Nice play that one guy!!!!

Sgt. Largent

Reaction score
SixSeahawk":2xpbewv8 said:
Will never understand why fans talk about "distractions" like they know if something is actually distracting the players.

You're just a fan. You're not on the team.

You're right, we should only discuss Seahawk related topics that can be 100% factually verified, and don't even spend one post discussing speculative things.

That'd be super awesome. Mods, no more opinions, speculation or discussions that aren't 100% stats or fact related. I think a one week blacklist is an appropriate punishment for those violating the "SixSeahawk Rule."